• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace | April 21st | KO: 16:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I don't understand why Mustafi is still playing, someone enlighten me please?

The argument against playing a youngster is that he's going to make mistakes, but Mustafi is an error-factory anyways. With the youngster you at least theoretically get someone who'll learn from his mistakes and becomes a better player.

That second Palace goal was so bad Mustafi needs to be investigated for match fixing ffs. Has he never heard of risk/reward?!

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Emery wasn't the one who thought it a good idea to drop 35M on Mustafi.

He's the one who played him today instead of leaving him at home to play Fortnite.

It will forever amaze me and I do mean amaze, how Özil was frozen out while the likes of Mustafi got far more chances than he should have.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Could only argue that if we had the same sample size minutes to work with. Having said that, I think there's little separating them.

At this point the only seperation might be one has the trust of the manager and one doesn’t..

Said it at the start of the season that I just don’t see world class potential in Guendouzi. Nothing he has shown so far to change my mind.

TornadoTed

Established Member
We have played 2 games since Palace played last and it showed.

Having to start with 3 players who aren't close to match fin in Elneny, Mavro and Jenks didn't help. We have done well in their absence generally but what a difference Welbeck, Holding and Bellerin would have made during this crucial, packed set of fixtures.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I don't want to blame Emery too much because he's got limited options and a lot of important games to consider coming up, but surely after the last game with Elneny and Guendouzi playing together you would make sure that doesn't happen again.

Why we have to rest players?
Just watch the Liverpool Team, their Back 4 is playing every game.

Why Maitland Niles is on the bench? Why? Jenkinson is not even close to a PL player.

Why is Torreira on the bench? He was suspended for 3 matches and now after two games he needs to be rested? What?

Sady Guendouzi has to play, because Ramsey and Xhaka are not available.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

That's a big blow tbh, it's the first time I've truly lost confidence in us getting top 4, such a poor way to lose the game too

MikeVinna

Established Member
Rotating like this and changing the shape in such a negative way is completely on Emery. The amount of times he had to completely change the team at half-time is a testament to how badly he chooses his teams.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I rarely think it's fair to lay the blame of a result on a single player but I feel like Mustafi single handedly lost us the game today.

We looked like scoring any minute and Palace were nowhere to be seen since they scored and the situation that led to their second was nothing as well but he f*cked up badly. Had he not f*cked up there I think we would've won comfortably.

Moss can eat sh*t. Top 4 was pretty much sealed even before the game IMO, this is a matter of us finishing above Sp*rs and taking 3rd place or not.

TheLawOfDiQ

This is for the most part on Emery. I love what he done this season but he has these horrible setups at times that completely nullify us offensively, while providing zero extra reinforcement defensively. Needs to improve on that a lot next season. Mustafi out, El Neny out and Jenkinson back to a championship team.

I disagree. We should of had 2 pens, and Mustafi being Mustafi quite frankly can't make Emery to blame. He made the right changes at HT to win us the game comfortably.

LG10

Mustafi, Elneny, Kolasinac, and jenkinson are all championship players. When Iwobi and mkhitaryan are your only game changers on the bench you’re screwed. Squad is absolute ****

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not much I can blame Emery for - again, I really wish he was braver and played some of the kids instead but he's not gonna do that unfortunately. But he should have found a way to not play Guendouzi and Elneny together. Perhaps - looking at the game - neither should have played full-stop but considering the midfield is already bare bones, only U23 players would have got a look-in, and again Emery doesn't want to do that.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
This was like one of those 21 unbeaten run matches but without the luck of the opposition missing a million chances.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Sp*rs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd all losing their last game. As predicted, it's whoever f*cks up the least who'll get top 4 and it's a hot contest.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's funny that finally win away from home against tough team we lost against inferior team at home :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom