• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace | April 21st | KO: 16:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
Not much I can blame Emery for - again, I really wish he was braver and played some of the kids instead but he's not gonna do that unfortunately. But he should have found a way to not play Guendouzi and Elneny together. Perhaps - looking at the game - neither should have played full-stop but considering the midfield is already bare bones, only U23 players would have got a look-in, and again Emery doesn't want to do that.

Playing Elneny-Willock would be just as bad as Elneny-Guendouzi.

And forget about a Guendouzi-Willock midfield.

You wouldn't get away with that on FM let alone real life.

Goonerozil33

Kola and mustafi are pure liabilities. They are not good enough and will never be. The amount of time Kola is off position and walks is just too much... I hope when 31-32 he might become a good defender. But now he is not. My biggest problem with these two are that they don’t want to sprint back to defend. Anytime they have to sprint to defend they foul the player..

blaze_of_glory

Utd, Tottenham and Chelsea all lose and we come up with that. Hope we win EL, because at least we will have deserved it. Our league campaign has had us shoot ourselves in the foot too many times. Some great results, but too many times have just shat the bed against teams we should be beating.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That Zaha goal:rofl:mustafi should easily at least clear the ball he just stopped against quick player like Zaha. Unbelievable defending all Sokratis fault

Top Quality

After a lifeless first half I thought we looked alright at the start of the second. We got the goal, played with higher intensity, thought we could turn it around.

Then Mustafi mustafied.

After Auba scored with his only involvement in the whole game (?), we had more than 10 min plus stoppage time to get at least one goal for one point, but for some reason we spent most of that giving away unnecessary free kicks.

So yeah, not great.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Come on, if Xhaka/Torreira/Ramsey were all fully fit the attack would've looked much better. Not to mention that 4 at the back would've been an option if Sokratis was fit.

Assessing whether Emery will be here in 3 years based on this result is knee-jerk.

I wouldnt say so, re your second point, but Ill get back to that one.

Granted, there are issues with our fitness, but its **** to not start the players who can give us a better chance of the three points. Elneny and Mustafi are not players you start next to young Guendouzi and expect us to have some sort of hold on the game. Its about getting the three points on the board, by starting the likes of AMN, Torreira, and then shutting up shop with the inferior players.

As for the second point, I have been clear on my stance with Emery and its a theme I remain with. Namely I am not completely satisfied with his approach to the game and it needs to change. The manager deserves credit however for getting us this far, under the circumstances, so much so that we need to back him and give him a chance to stamp his authority on our team.

But if he is given that chance to put together a side and we still see the same 5/6 defending players, then he needs to be on his way.

This frustration comes to the fore because we have lost today. Lets pick this discussion up again, once we are safely in the top four and winning the EL final.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
What is he doing, what in ****s name is he doing there?
He does it time and time again in games where he tries to shield the ball and lay the blame on the keeper not getting there. There was a clip released by Arsenal on youtube where in training he did the exact same thing and got mugged by another player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I honestly don't agree - Willock's better than people think. And even if so, as I said before, I could be more forigiving. I'd rather new f*ckery rather than old stale f*ckery. We could have even put AMN in midfield and firmed one of Jenks/Lichsteiner at RB. Anyone but Elneny, who did nothing yet again.

TheLawOfDiQ

I don't understand why Mustafi is still playing, someone enlighten me please?

The argument against playing a youngster is that he's going to make mistakes, but Mustafi is an error-factory anyways. With the youngster you at least theoretically get someone who'll learn from his mistakes and becomes a better player.

That second Palace goal was so bad Mustafi needs to be investigated for match fixing ffs. Has he never heard of risk/reward?!

Loaning Suarez instead of a half decent CB looks real smart right now

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Just off the top of my head Mustafi has cost us

- Two points vs Palace (A) with that idiotic lunge in the PK box;
- Two points vs Sp**s (A) with his foolish foul on Kane;
- One point* vs Palace (H) with his comical attempt to try and negate Zaha

*To be conservative I'm assuming it would have stayed 1-1.

That's five, FIVE ****ing points I can point to without even thinking for more than ten seconds.

Get. him. OUT.

OSBK

Established Member

Willock is not the answer. He is another hayden and nothing more.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Could've won if Iwobi and Özil finished those two chances. Iwobi is awful at shooting and finishing. Özil just cannot shoot outside of the six yard box.

Hope

Less
This is totally on Mustafi.

Its like draning every ounce of enthu from players when they were getting back.

Horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom