• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wolves v Arsenal | April 24, 2019 | KO: 19:45 BST

Can we be slightly less crap than Chelsea and get 4th?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLawOfDiQ

Tragic. Emery hasn't got us playing any better than before Wenger left. We played better stuff early on in the season

Dont start with that ****. We were horrible on the road before Emery came and got belted every single big game. Everyone will agree that it would of taken Emery a miracle to get us to the top 4 at the start of the season, we are still in the hunt atm. I'm as pissed off as everyone else is but we are lucky to have Emery. Crucify me.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Poor recruitment, the players he picked are even worst. Auba and Laca saved his ass this season, the last buys by Wenger.

He coulda sold Mustafi without problems... he kept him. He asked for Suarez and he did not even use him.

This team is even worse going forward, there is no management at all. Emery is a big pill of garbage and he is one to blame.
Abit harsh tbh its not his team, he can only do so much.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Turned it off before the end of the first half, glad I kept it this way.

Yes, I think Emery probably needs to leave this summer unless he wins the EL.

No, I do not think a single one of our players are good enough.

You give a new manager ONE season to win a cup or achieve top 4....What good do you think it will do the club swapping out a manager every single season?

Madness.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Dont start with that ****. We were horrible on the road before Emery came and got belted every single big game. Everyone will agree that it would of taken Emery a miracle to get us to the top 4 at the start of the season, we are still in the hunt atm. I'm as pissed off as everyone else is but we are lucky to have Emery. Crucify me.

Sorry I meant style of play. We are a better team over 38 games than last season yes

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Hindsight is great but maybe Arteta would have been better long term.
My thing is this, I was alright with giving Arteta a chance because we had no idea how he'd do. Even if we finished without European football it would've at least given us a chance to see if he had the ability to get better long term and see if we could get some youth players performing.

Emery on the other hand was always a known quantity and he wasn't who I wanted here but I was willing to back him. The problem is this season has only convinced me more that he shouldn't be Arsenal's manager.

Dj_sds -

Players didn't get chances in the past because there were at least quality senior players keeping them out, but Elneny shouldn't be blocking someone like Willock. Even tonight Eddie came on and showed more than Iwobi/Miki have in some time.

If willock was actually better than elneny, he would play him. He played maitland niles at rb when he saw lichsteiner couldnt cut it.

Eddie had a decent 10 min but often enough when these youth players are given an extended amount of game time they go missing. People wanted game time for nelson, he went on loan, what has he done there?

Look at the abuse iwobi gets even though hes had some amazing games. Hes not perfect, but he is one of the biggest talents out of our academy in recent years. Yet people tear him down and big up nelson who has proved absolutely nothing yet.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Abit harsh tbh its not his team, he can only do so much.
Man, there is a lot of managers in the world who can adapt to their players and make them play like a team. A manager is the first to blame when one team has no system at all or any idea of how to play. Things like movement without the ball, when to run, how you cover the spaces... when and where you do press and when you wait. All that organization is about the manager, if that stuff weren’t important then why you have a manager. It is not only picking who plays in each position.

Look at the Ajax team, some of them are not the best players... but they play like one, they know the system and work for it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If willock was actually better than elneny, he would play him. He played maitland niles at rb when he saw lichsteiner couldnt cut it.
Elneny offers nothing though, Willock simply couldn't do any worse.
Eddie had a decent 10 min but often enough when these youth players are given an extended amount of game time they go missing. People wanted game time for nelson, he went on loan, what has he done there?
Nelson did well initially, but he wasn't going to play much down the stretch as Hoffeinheim fight for a European place. That takes precedence over giving playing time to a player who won't be there next year.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

Look at the abuse iwobi gets even though hes had some amazing games. Hes not perfect, but he is one of the biggest talents out of our academy in recent years. Yet people tear him down and big up nelson who has proved absolutely nothing yet.
Iwobi's gone backwards the last two seasons.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Be nice if that was the case, but it didn't even save LVG. I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily though, Emery knows if he doesn't get this team back on track within the first 2 years of his deal he's out.
Well, I believe it's the manager's job to sell the club a vision of the future and then work towards it. I don't think Emery has done that this year.

For all we heard about how Emery showed up for his interview and knew all of our players, including the youths, it's disgusting how little they've played this year.

JuanCarlosValeron

What is the evidence that qualifying for the CL would change anything? We were never aggressive in the market when we made the top 4 but sat on our hands hoping that Sp**s and Villa would not improve too much. We are trying to do as little as possible to make a short term gain. I expected Unai to stamp his authority on this team. We have got several players who are here because the did not manage to get a move or were let go by their team. Rolling out Mkhi in his wheelchair every week to combine with two equally blunt offensive players are not going to take us anywhere. Trying to squeeze the last bit of energy out of Monreal, Koscielny and Auba is of no avail. We do have an abundance of energetic academy players who are raring to go. Saka, Amaechi and Nelson would provide us with width and goals. Willock and ESR would enable us to compete in the middle and by utilizing Osri-Tutu we could keep the formation we did relatively well with when Bellerin was fit. Instead Unai is selecting the same players in what seems to be an eternal testimonial match. Maybe we make the top four maybe not. What is obvious is that we are not in any way ambitious. We ought to use 07-08 as a blue print. A few experienced leaders surrounded by athletic and technically gifted players supported by an exciting crop of talents possesing the same qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom