• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Brighton & Hove Albion | May 5, 2019 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,211
  • Views 83,526

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Cech is such a professional fellow. Ramsey is absolutely choked. He can barely speak. We lot a lot of what made us Arsensl last season. I think after this season, there's nothing left beyond Kos and Monreal.

ptrcopp

I don't think that this Arsenal side lacks quality, it just lacks brain cells.

What amazes me, consistently the last couple of years, has been the ability for the team to understand their role and position perfectly for a game, but then look like herded cats the next.

The goal for BHA is a perfect example of this. That would never happen to City. But there isn’t just one reason for this.

First, when Mhki gives the ball away. That wouldn’t happen with City. Their players are technically better than ours, but they also know when they can risk a pass. Mhki was either unaware of his surroundings or being needlessly reckless. But this goes for Lich, who should be aware of his own limitation when it comes to agility, and Torreira, who should be aware of Lich’s run. Xhaka is then covering. I wouldn’t even want Busquet’s 1v1 like that because of pace. It’s a **** show from front to back.

The problem though surely comes from the lack of a system from the management. The constant changes in system can’t help, but no player looks like they know what they should be doing positionally. When we attack, the first time Laca is on the the last man, the next he has moved right, the next time he is dropping deep, the next he has moved to the left. The same goes for Auba, Özil, and Mhki. The lack of personnel is certain areas of the pitch is what hampers our attack time and time again.

When City attack, you know where Aguero, or Sterling , or Sane, or B Silva or de Bruyne will be. And if Aguero isn’t where is should be, then you know Sterling will be on the last man. If de Bruyne has moved wide, then B Silva has moved central etc. The same goes in the defensive phase.

This is clearly a lot of our problem. I fully understand the @Makingtrax argument that we are finishing about where we should be due to squad cost. I full understand that: squad cost is a great predictor of final standings. But it’s like the team accepts they aren’t that good.

If it looked like the team had a way of playing, a system for defending and breaking down the opposition, then I’d be at least content about where we finish.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We ****ing blew it. We were in such a strong positions with 5 games remaining. Even a few draws would’ve helped. Now it’s all on the Europa League. Or we’re gonna turn to this lot again next season.

I'm fuming man, how did we bottle this..

We massively let Sp**s off the hook too, I was so certain they would bottle the last game, but now it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom