• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Mesut Özil: How has our once proud club simultaneously ended up with two of the weakest minded players ever to grace the premiership on our wage bill??

:(:(

Why

Always Me ?
What people tend to forget is that Football is still a job. Although we all would happily give up our day jobs and get paid 10% of what Özil gets a week, it is still a job. You can enjoy working with some colleagues, but sometimes you call in sick because you just can't be bothered. Except when he does that, he lets down the fans... But frankly, he doesn't seem the sort to care?

I think Özil has fallen out of love with the game. I mentioned it in another post and he does have a mental weakness to him. The little niggles and games he seems to miss with illnesses and muscle complaints all seem like excuses of someone who struggles with anxiety.

I think he was on the decline when he quit playing for the national team but has since nosedived completely. Happy to take his cash and spend his days playing Fortnite. He is not the sort of person you can see as a Manager, Coach or Pundit after he hangs his boots up.

People mentioned that he should have been sold with Sanchez, but I recall reading these forums and people threatened to lynch Wenger if we sold our 2 best players... I actually think he was only kept to appease the fans.

You can see Emery has given him chances this year and every time he has let him down. I would pay off his contract and get rid. Arsenal are not short of cash, as much as the media leads us to believe. The issue is the wage structure, we can afford to pay him off 24mil and open up 350k a week in wages.

Bobby the no1 gooner

Ya'll need Jesus
Bob, Im willing to be bukkaked by five priests in exchange for Özil’s immediate disappearance. Its way too late for Christ.
I grant you, Özil desperately needs to leave the club as his attitude, demeanour and aptitude the last 2 seasons has stunk the place out. I'm amazed fans can support his performances and the idea of keeping a man who can't be trusted away from home and who can now not even influence a game at home against the teams at the foot of the table.

Give youngsters like Willock a chance I say and please do not confuse biblical Christianity with Roman Catholicism and their shady priests commiting idolatry and all manor of abominations to the Lord God.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You can see Emery has given him chances this year and every time he has let him down.
This is what bothers me. Emery has given him more then enough chances to prove everyone wrong. Still some defend Özil and his piss poor attitude. Fear we might not be able to off load him although @Jury taking one for the team will help...

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Well remembered and Gervinho on the wing walks into this team. Yikes.
True. Iwobi basically is Gervinho Mk 2 - half the time sort of decent until he gets close to the box, where he then loses his head - and that guy more often than not has walked into this team unfortunately.
A front three of Auba, Laca and Gervinho would be pretty difficult to defend against. Gervinho sense of space and movement was elite even if he was rubbish on the ball.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

At this stage of proceedings, I think the remainers fall into 3 categories

(1) All-encompassing love of all things Özil trumps their support of Arsenal.

(2) All-encompassing hatred of Emery trumps their support of Arsenal.

(3) They don't actually believe in Özil at all and are simply seeking attention.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
At this stage of proceedings, I think the remainers fall into 3 categories

(1) All-encompassing love of all things Özil trumps their support of Arsenal.

(2) All-encompassing hatred of Emery trumps their support of Arsenal.

(3) They don't actually believe in Özil at all and are simply seeking attention.

4) They know their football.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
A front three of Auba, Laca and Gervinho would be pretty difficult to defend against. Gervinho sense of space and movement was elite even if he was rubbish on the ball.

The other two would never get a ball though. Gervinho's final pass and decision making was horrible.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

4) They know their football.

Vs. The opinion of every neutral, pundit, ex player, and majority of Arsenal fans? Seems unlikely you’d be hanging around on a forum with that elite level of knowledge.

I personally have you down as a cat 1 ;)

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
You see Cristiano Ronaldo tonight against Switzerland?? That's what Özil should be doing considering the talent he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom