• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Disgusting he wasn't dropped along with Boateng, Hummels and Muller. Low the ***** probably loves sucking him off.

Yep. Would have been time to drop Kroos and probably Neuer, too.

But Low is just a weird guy. When ousting that trio he was again in need of scapegoats for the bad Nations League results. He used to love them, too, but apparently he loves Toni and Manuel more.
He's also just weird in that most players have to fit some sort of character niche or the just won't nominate them. Max Kruse has justified being nominated and imo he'd be a great fit up top, but that guy won't ever get into the NT again because he once ate too much Nutella, lost money in a cab and speaks his mind. Demirbay can do what he wants but won't ever get nominated for serious games.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Yep. Would have been time to drop Kroos and probably Neuer, too.

But Low is just a weird guy. When ousting that trio he was again in need of scapegoats for the bad Nations League results. He used to love them, too, but apparently he loves Toni and Manuel more.
He's also just weird in that most players have to fit some sort of character niche or the just won't nominate them. Max Kruse has justified being nominated and imo he'd be a great fit up top, but that guy won't ever get into the NT again because he once ate too much Nutella, lost money in a cab and speaks his mind. Demirbay can do what he wants but won't ever get nominated for serious games.

Löw is a fraud.
For these games this week he nominated Halstenberg, Schulz (both right) and Hector (Why?).

Hector played an Okay Season in the Second Bundesliga, most of the games as a CDM. Just because he is one of the favourites from Löw.

On the other side Da Costa played a briliant season for Frankfurt and still doesn't get a call-up.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Löw is a fraud.
For these games this week he nominated Halstenberg, Schulz (both right) and Hector (Why?).

Hector played an Okay Season in the Second Bundesliga, most of the games as a CDM. Just because he is one of the favourites from Löw.

On the other side Da Costa played a briliant season for Frankfurt and still doesn't get a call-up.

Similarly with Max and that last season at Augsburg. Don't understand what Hector does in the team anymore, either. I'd probably go for this right now:

Kruse
Sané Reus Gnabry
Gundogan Demirbay
Schulz Sule Ginter Kimmich
Ter Stegen​

Leno, Trapp, Tah, Rudiger, Max/Halstenberg, Klostermann, A. Maier, Goretzka, Eggestein, Brandt, Havertz, Werner.

or a 433 with Reus up top and two out of Eggestein, Goretzka, Brandt, Havertz, Demibray in front of Gundogan

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Similarly with Max and that last season at Augsburg. Don't understand what Hector does in the team anymore, either. I'd probably go for this right now:

Kruse
Sané Reus Gnabry
Gundogan Demirbay
Schulz Sule Ginter Kimmich
Ter Stegen​

Leno, Trapp, Tah, Rudiger, Max/Halstenberg, Klostermann, A. Maier, Goretzka, Eggestein, Brandt, Havertz, Werner.

or a 433 with Reus up top and two out of Eggestein, Goretzka, Brandt, Havertz, Demibray in front of Gundogan

Germany would need someone more defensively next to Gündogan, but they are lacking this type of player. Many CMs, A. Meier could be the solution one day. Thought Kimmich would be the perfect player for this position before his transformation to a RB.

A fit Rüdiger ahead of Ginter and will be interesting to see, how Schulz will play at Dortmund in a Back 4. Had his best performances with a three at the back as LWB.

But not the right thread for this ;)

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Gnabry-Reus-Sane
Kroos-Kimmich-Goretzka
Schulz-Mustafi(C)-Sule-Da Costa
Ter Stegen

Reus-Muller-Sane
Kroos-Gundogan-Goretzka
Schulz-Sule-Ginter-Kimmich
Leno

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

I didn’t actually read this...it’s a very nice gesture.

Had me thinking, suppose Özil hit his head on a goalpost tomorrow and his personality suddenly transformed into a horrible b@stard. In the newspaper all the time for all manner of transgressions and perversions. BUT he started playing out of his skin and lead us to a serious assault on the major trophies.

Would Arsenal fans say “I miss the old nice guy Özil”

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I didn’t actually read this...it’s a very nice gesture.

Had me thinking, suppose Özil hit his head on a goalpost tomorrow and his personality suddenly transformed into a horrible b@stard. In the newspaper all the time for all manner of transgressions and perversions. BUT he started playing out of his skin and lead us to a serious assault on the major trophies.

Would Arsenal fans say “I miss the old nice guy Özil”
Difficult question. Despite my vile hatred towards the player Özil, I quite like the person off the pitch. Now part of it could be marketing gimmick as well but theres no denying he contributes massively in helping people in need.

Football is not that important.

Being perverted is not a problem impo

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ha ha. Haven’t been into this thread for a while and just skimmed 16 pages of hate fest.

Notice the same culprits who metaphorically knocked Wenger to the floor and stamped his head into the tarmac until he was cosmic dust are at it again.

He’s not physical and isn’t going to scythe through the opposition and take a game by the scruff of its neck, like you don’t expect a swan to swoop down and mutilate a rabbit.

He’s a niche player. And with other clever players around him like Sanchez, Ramsey, Cazorla he can shine like a diamond. Put him with Kolasinac, Iwobi, Mustafi, Elneny, Xhaka, Mkhi, AMN and they make him look clueless.

He may not be what we need right now, but he didn’t give himself that contract. So he’s here to stay.
When people say take a game by the scruff of it's neck they usually just mean win the game.

Like you said he's a niche player, he's not agile/quick enough to single handedly beat players and score goals. Who in this team is Özil going to play intricate triangles with? Nobody comes near him technically barring maybe Iwobi...yes Iwobi. That's where we are at now.

I feel like I could challenge anyone to name me a 'game changing' midfielder and I'm sure I'll be able to point out a physical attribute they have that makes that possible, if not that then they have sensational teammates.

Özil will continue to be a dud in this current team and football is a funny sport based extremely on confidence, I believe that Özil has declined mentally as a result of his time here, it's not impossible to bring it back (look at Tadic) but seeing that here is a longshot, especially with Emery.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You make some interesting points but I would just ask you if all Özil needs around him are better players, why did he recieve so much criticism for his performances in the German national team?

I'm sure behind around poor players at Arsenal has played it's part but I think there's deeper issues with his mentality
He was always going to get the blame from the German press for the poor WC showing after his controversial meeting with Gundogan.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When people say take a game by the scruff of it's neck they usually just mean win the game.

Like you said he's a niche player, he's not agile/quick enough to single handedly beat players and score goals. Who in this team is Özil going to play intricate triangles with? Nobody comes near him technically barring maybe Iwobi...yes Iwobi. That's where we are at now.

I feel like I could challenge anyone to name me a 'game changing' midfielder and I'm sure I'll be able to point out a physical attribute they have that makes that possible, if not that then they have sensational teammates.

Özil will continue to be a dud in this current team and football is a funny sport based extremely on confidence, I believe that Özil has declined mentally as a result of his time here, it's not impossible to bring it back (look at Tadic) but seeing that here is a longshot, especially with Emery.
Perfect. Close the thread.

Elwood

Am I the only one here who thinks “The Prowling *****” is a great name for a traditional English pub?

OK. Fine. I’ll get my coat :eek:ops:
Considering the name for my future doom metal band :D.

In my perfect world, we'd still be begging him to stay after his current contract runs out. He's still my favourite player to watch, I love him to bits, but even I have to admit he's been utter rubbish for a while now.
I want him gone just for this thread to be closed TBH, it's too painful to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom