• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
****ing hell, I've just read 14 pages of negativity and some weird bukake ****. We once convinced a girl that bukake was a famous chimpanzee, and she went on to look it up in class. Good times.

Anyway, Mesut. I love the guy and the player we all know he can be. But I doubt he cares anymore. He's getting his paycheck and we ****ed up in hindsight giving him that. But at the time we were in a difficult situation, where Alexis had just left and Mesut was next. It was RvP - Walcott all over again. The fans would have been mad had we let them both leave as well.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
The other two would never get a ball though. Gervinho's final pass and decision making was horrible.
Yeah but his movement and positioning in the last line of defense was insanely good. If he was any good on the ball and had a good finish on him he'd have been a pretty handy player.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Mesut Ozi is the best No. 10 in the world, yet he is being cast out of Arsenal like a heretic and no one wants him. How did this happen?
I was ready to read something insightful when I clicked on the “Fenerbahce chief’s seven-word response when asked about transfer for Arsenal‘s Mesut Özil,” headline. Maybe something like, “A tremendous player, yes? We will see.”

Nope. It wasn’t that. It was, “I cannot waste my time on this.” That’s what he had to say about the best No. 10 in the world.

As you all know by now, I’m a guy who can’t wait to see Özil ousted from the club. It will feel so good to be free of his crippling wages and his ineffectiveness on the pitch. But no matter what ends up happening, I will never deny that he is a tremendous player. No one ever should.

The problem isn’t his talent, the problem is the Premier League. He is not the type that succeeds in this league and we knew this from the moment we got him. We tried to change him, to build him up, to make it work, but it was never going to.

Now, he’s a man without a purpose, a man without anywhere to go. But that’s the thing that other teams seem to be forgetting about – yes, his value at Arsenal has tanked. But that is solely because of his inability to acclimate to the harshness of a physical league.

Put him at PSG, back at Real Madrid, yes, even at Fenerbahce, and you will see the old Mesut Özil again. He needs his confidence back, sure, but after that, the magician will live again. He didn’t spend all those successful years at Real Madrid, winning trophies and becoming the best No. 10 in the world, by accident. He did it because that was a set-up that fit his every need.

Arsenal has never been that set-up. The closest we got was his 19 assist season with Olivier Giroud and Alexis Sanchez, but even that was a bit of a misnomer because he faded in the second half of the season – big time.

European clubs can’t be so blinded by Özil’s ineffectiveness in England to ignore the fact that Özil has and will thrive again, if only someone else will give him the chance. He has nothing left to give Arsenal but so much more to give football.

(https://paininthearsenal.com/2019/06/06/arsenal-mesut-Özil-become/)

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Mesut Ozi is the best No. 10 in the world, yet he is being cast out of Arsenal like a heretic and no one wants him. How did this happen?
I was ready to read something insightful when I clicked on the “Fenerbahce chief’s seven-word response when asked about transfer for Arsenal‘s Mesut Özil,” headline. Maybe something like, “A tremendous player, yes? We will see.”

Nope. It wasn’t that. It was, “I cannot waste my time on this.” That’s what he had to say about the best No. 10 in the world.

As you all know by now, I’m a guy who can’t wait to see Özil ousted from the club. It will feel so good to be free of his crippling wages and his ineffectiveness on the pitch. But no matter what ends up happening, I will never deny that he is a tremendous player. No one ever should.

The problem isn’t his talent, the problem is the Premier League. He is not the type that succeeds in this league and we knew this from the moment we got him. We tried to change him, to build him up, to make it work, but it was never going to.

Now, he’s a man without a purpose, a man without anywhere to go. But that’s the thing that other teams seem to be forgetting about – yes, his value at Arsenal has tanked. But that is solely because of his inability to acclimate to the harshness of a physical league.

Put him at PSG, back at Real Madrid, yes, even at Fenerbahce, and you will see the old Mesut Özil again. He needs his confidence back, sure, but after that, the magician will live again. He didn’t spend all those successful years at Real Madrid, winning trophies and becoming the best No. 10 in the world, by accident. He did it because that was a set-up that fit his every need.

Arsenal has never been that set-up. The closest we got was his 19 assist season with Olivier Giroud and Alexis Sanchez, but even that was a bit of a misnomer because he faded in the second half of the season – big time.

European clubs can’t be so blinded by Özil’s ineffectiveness in England to ignore the fact that Özil has and will thrive again, if only someone else will give him the chance. He has nothing left to give Arsenal but so much more to give football.

Total noncense

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Players decline early... it happens. He's finished at the top level. And he knows it himself.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ha ha. Haven’t been into this thread for a while and just skimmed 16 pages of hate fest.

Notice the same culprits who metaphorically knocked Wenger to the floor and stamped his head into the tarmac until he was cosmic dust are at it again.

He’s not physical and isn’t going to scythe through the opposition and take a game by the scruff of its neck, like you don’t expect a swan to swoop down and mutilate a rabbit.

He’s a niche player. And with other clever players around him like Sanchez, Ramsey, Cazorla he can shine like a diamond. Put him with Kolasinac, Iwobi, Mustafi, Elneny, Xhaka, Mkhi, AMN and they make him look clueless.

He may not be what we need right now, but he didn’t give himself that contract. So he’s here to stay.

Last edited:

TheEconomist

Established Member
Ha ha. Haven’t been into this thread for a while and just skimmed 16 pages of hate fest.

Notice the same culprits who metaphorically knocked Wenger to the floor and stamped his head into the tarmac until he was cosmic dust are at it again.

He’s not physical and isn’t going to scythe through the opposition and take a game by the scruff of its neck, like you don’t expect a swan to swoop down and mutilate a rabbit.

He’s a niche player. And with other clever players around him like Sanchez, Ramsey, Cazorla he can shine like a diamond. Put him with Kolasinac, Iwobi, Mustafi, Elneny, Xhaka, Mkhi, AMN and they make him look clueless.

He may not be what we need right now, but he didn’t give himself that contract. So he’s here to stay.

You make some interesting points but I would just ask you if all Özil needs around him are better players, why did he recieve so much criticism for his performances in the German national team?

I'm sure behind around poor players at Arsenal has played it's part but I think there's deeper issues with his mentality

GDeep™

League is very weak
You make some interesting points but I would just ask you if all Özil needs around him are better players, why did he recieve so much criticism for his performances in the German national team?

I'm sure behind around poor players at Arsenal has played it's part but I think there's deeper issues with his mentality
The German national team issues were on the back of a bad WC for the country, in which he wasn’t even the worst of a bad bunch.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Due to Erdogan-Gate right before the World Cup, after that horrific display by the NT he was the pefect scapegoat. Media and fans mostly were already on his back, so they just kept going on with it and the DFB jumped on the bandwagon.

The by far worst German player at that WC, Kroos, is still slouching around for the NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom