• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We can’t possibly sell Iwobi unless we buy Tierney, we don’t have enough home growns. Which might be a good sign.

Tierney doesn't count as homegrown @Makingtrax the homegrown thing doesn't really matter. We have four if Iwobi leaves but AMN, Willock and such coming through. You can have a maximum of 8 but don't need to. I think City have like 3 or 4 :lol:

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Would still like to see him tried in a centre midfield role, if not sell him.
He's very average as a wide player.

Shahin Tadjalli

People who want to push the boy out before getting rid of that Armenian plumber are insane. He can still make a career for himself here in a central position.

Ceballos/Özil/Iwobi

Get rid of Özil in 2020 and get another CAM in on top of making Ceballos permanent, and promote ESR.

Iwobi must be on very low wages as well.

Then, if we could get 50 Mil pounds for him considered his HG tag... I'd be lying if I was saying I wouldn't be tempted..

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If this is true then we don't have any actual ambition.
giphy.webp

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I'm completely against this and I hope it doesn't happen. Iwobi is a good player with a lot of potential.
He's 23 years old who hasn’t improved in the slightest in 3 full seasons. Where do you see the potential is beyond me.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I don’t care if it’s 100 apps for Arsenal or a mid table team. You may get a slight premium for a player from a top club, but nothing substantial like you’re suggesting. Clubs don’t work like that, especially in today’s game. Clubs want output & consistency. If iwobi had even one season to his name, where he put up pretty decent numbers you might have a case, but he hasn’t.

So to make your point you use 2 defenders fee’s as a comparison, when one of those fee’s was a world record? Weird.

If we were to sign a player from a top 6 club for way more than £30m who had 9 goals/assists to his name last year and that season was his most productive would you be happy with that?

Well, as other have pointed out, his output has been somewhat identical to what Ox had when leaving us. In addition, he has more years on his contract than Ox with a much better injury record so perhaps that is an acceptable comparison? The point is, I believe, we can get more for Iwobi so we should. No hurry to sell him for a cut price deal, even if some, as yourself, think that said price is "fair". We shouldn't sell for fair price, but maximum price. I think we can easily get £40m for Iwobi

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s bang average. Will never be good enough for a top team.
He’s bang average right now but he’s young and is technically very sound, with good all-around physical attributes. His ceiling looks to be that of a top four squad player.

He’s easily worth more than 30M if monetary value is what Mutable was referring too.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He's 23 years old who hasn’t improved in the slightest in 3 full seasons. Where do you see the potential is beyond me.
There is good talent there & recognised round the league.

A 30m bid is credit to him, Wenger & the academy. Its a success story which hope we have more of.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tierney doesn't count as homegrown @Makingtrax the homegrown thing doesn't really matter. We have four if Iwobi leaves but AMN, Willock and such coming through. You can have a maximum of 8 but don't need to. I think City have like 3 or 4 :lol:
It depends if you want a 25 man squad. If you do, you must have 8.

If you don’t have 8 you’ve either got to have a smaller squad or make it up with youth players.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Why are people acting like we want Iwobi out before Mhki? He's not fetching us 35M ffs. We want Iwobi out because he hasn't really progressed and can get a very decent sum from him to sort out the defence.

Obviously if Mhki got us 35M I'd want him out before Iwobi.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What? Surely that’s not the rule. It was that in a squad of 25 you can have max 17 non-home grown players right? So you can do with only 3 or four home grown players but you’ll have a small squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom