• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would hire Mourinho. He knows what a dressing room needs to look like. Let him sign some characters and grind the results out.

Get rid of the ****s who keep making mistakes, who aren’t serious enough, haven’t got the right mentality.

It’s a risk, Jose might stink the place out, but Klopp aside, every manager is a risk.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I'd get rid now and give Freddie the two games, gives us some time to bring someone in at least.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Our defence is an absolute shambles, imo that has to be first area we sort out. I'm sick of us being so easy to score against regardless if it's Wenger or Emery in charge. We'll get absolutely nowhere regardless of what brand of football we play. After that it has to be the overall mentality of the team, get a few characters in there. Then the style of play. GDeep is right there are deeper problems here, I feel the squad lacking something at the moment which a poet manager certainly won't be able to fix.

GDeep™

League is very weak
**** Mourinho. Get someone who plays attractive football. I just want to enjoy Arsenal again.
Me too, but I’m getting frustrated with these players, do they care? Make a mistake and you’ll still play next week.

Guys like Auba and Laca cosying up with Troopz, who is bashing their captain and other teammates.

Doesn’t feel like Arsenal anymore, feels like Sp**s.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
Me too, but I’m getting frustrated with these players, do they care? Make a mistake and you’ll still play next week.

Guys like Auba and Laca cosying up with Troopz, who is bashing their captain and other teammates.

Doesn’t feel like Arsenal anymore, feels like Sp**s.

A decent manager will make them care. Look at Chelsea.

I would hire Mourinho. He knows what a dressing room needs to look like. Let him sign some characters and grind the results out.

Get rid of the ****s who keep making mistakes, who aren’t serious enough, haven’t got the right mentality.

It’s a risk, Jose might stink the place out, but Klopp aside, every manager is a risk.

Are you calling that Mourinho come in next month and sign few players before the transfer window open with the zero money we have after last window and fix our season?

Jack Russell

Put it this way, it isn't the ideal circumstances for a rookie to come in. Or a manager who's achieved relatively little at clubs with less expectations. We need a strong character above all else to come in and then worry about the tactics and style of play after that.

The fans on this board just want to see us play touch-butt and concede 3 goals a game as long as we have 65% possession and have 50 attempts at hitting the clock compared to 8 shots conceded for the opposition. This will mean we win the game, for them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Are you calling that Mourinho come in next month and sign few players before the transfer window open with the zero money we have after last window and fix our season?
No give him the job now so he can coach the defenders, work on a system, try and change attitudes and behaviours, and in the summer he can sign in the positions he wants, and then we go next season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not sure. There are no leaders at the club. There is no identity, mixture of players young and old, some don’t even want to be here.

Even our captain told fans to **** off.

Blame Emery on field, but there is a deeper problem. I genuinely don’t believe many of the players care enough.

Think there’s another level to some of these players. They’re trying to get him sacked.

Weird manager, got no structure. Why are our strikers so far away from the opposition goal?

Tir Na Nog

The fans on this board just want to see us play touch-butt and concede 3 goals a game as long as we have 65% possession and have 50 attempts at hitting the clock compared to 8 shots conceded for the opposition. This will mean we win the game, for them.

We did the whole attractive football and **** defending thing under Wenger in the Emirates era, there was some good moments but it was still frustrating. I think people have been so annoyed by what Emery's doing that they want the comfort of what they used to see under Wenger but with a modern progressive twist to it.

I'm tired of it as much as I'm tired of Emery. I want a manager who'll come in and get us defending better, get us tougher, with a better mentality and a bit more disciplined. I want to cut out all the nonsense basically. This club arguably needs a culture change as much as anything else. We need a strong personality in charge, a real motivator. I don't care if it's tika taka, Wengerball, total football, gegen pressing, counter-attacking football, hoof ball, catenaccio. I don't care. Just give me a manager who'll make us better at the basics first and foremost. If we have quality attackers and we're organised that'll be enough for me as a start anyways. After that maybe move toward the more progressive attacking football.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can’t blame Emery for having crap like Sokratis and Luiz here.

It’s not the fault of Emery this club has NO ****ing leaders and captains?

No give him the job now so he can coach the defenders, work on a system, try and change attitudes and behaviours, and in the summer he can sign in the positions he wants, and then we go next season.

Sad thing is that there isn't a single center back at the club that we should keep.

Don't know what past it Mourinho is gonna do that Emery can't do. They are basically the same with the former being more hostile.

Tir Na Nog

Conte would have been perfect tbh. A manager who has a set system and just gets his players playing in it almost straight away. But I can't really say much more as he's literally just walked in the door at Inter.

Mourinho, Allegri and to a lesser extent Vieira are the names I'd be looking at. The first one has the CV, obviously a great character. Allegri of course great at setting up a defence arguably took Juve to another level especially in the CL after Conte. Won the title with Milan after several years. Vieira more of a unknown but would command respect, doing well with Nice.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Allegri probably sees Utd as the more attractive option, mourinho shouldn’t even be mentioned and the rest will probably not leave their current clubs mid season.

Get Arteta in and give him until the end of the season to show what he can do. If he declines then give it to Freddie. Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom