• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Utd win they are 1 point behind us, Sp**s are just 3 points behind us. These clubs are languishing between 12-15th position in the league.

All this talk about how those clubs are so so poor with managerial problems, poor transfer windows, needing an overhaul etc, and they are a point or two away from us.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I seriously don't understand what the board are seeing though? We look, marginally better last night and still lost 2-0, had one shot on target after the 56th minute or something.

Confusing and irritating to say the least. I understand why they don't go for Jose, but we often see teams pick up decent managers midseason, there are no excuses.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Weird thing for me is that someone like Arteta would be super cheapish and thus the club would not even be loosing too much money on a dead man walking anyways, right ?
It's not like you are paying two full coaches, same with Ljungberg.

Also, Chelsea have shown with Lampard how freakin exciting and benefitial it can be to trust a relatively new coach, but club legend.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If Utd win they are 1 point behind us, Sp**s are just 3 points behind us. These clubs are languishing between 12-15th position in the league.

All this talk about how those clubs are so so poor with managerial problems, poor transfer windows, needing an overhaul etc, and they are a point or two away from us.

Honestly, any decent manager with this squad would have us well, well into the top 4, look at where we have dropped easy points.

I don't know why it's gone so wrong for Emery.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I seriously don't understand what the board are seeing though? We look, marginally better last night and still lost 2-0, had one shot on target after the 56th minute or something.

Confusing and irritating to say the least. I understand why they don't go for Jose, but we often see teams pick up decent managers midseason, there are no excuses.
Think it might be a few issues. They genuinely might be scared to pay him off and hire a new man, coupled with maybe not having a clear successor in place.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Honestly, any decent manager with this squad would have us well, well into the top 4, look at where we have dropped easy points.

I don't know why it's gone so wrong for Emery.
He’s a poor coach, or a coach who isn’t cut out for a top club. The same problems he had at PSG.

His time at Zenit was poor, players openly mocked him.

Not his fault. Apparently he was going to Real Sociedad before we came in for him, that’s his level.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool got Klopp in October, if I’m not mistaken. That’s what big clubs do.

Arsenal are too classy to do that. We’re handing out careers to bums.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Think it might be a few issues. They genuinely might be scared to pay him off and hire a new man, coupled with maybe not having a clear successor in place.

Yeah there is a lot of risk with sacking Unai, I get that. But we're a very attractive club and have two weeks to bring someone in. It's a risk, but can we get much worse, our form is disgusting.

Just annoying because I don't know the answer. Hopefully I'll be on the board soon.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

These are our remaining away games. How many wins can you realsitically see from that?!We are ****ed

Norwich
West Ham
Everton
Bournemouth
Palace
Chelsea
Burnley
City
Brighton
Soton
Wolves
Sp**s
Villa
`
Unai has managed to through a whole seaon without winning an away game , on the bright side we might not have to watch EL next season .

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Liverpool got Klopp in October, if I’m not mistaken. That’s what big clubs do.

Arsenal are too classy to do that. We’re handing out careers to bums.

We're literally doing what United were doing under Moyes/LvG, delaying the inevitable. Holding out for a miraculous turnaround. Sitting our hands, burying our heads, whatever you want to call it's exactly as you say, it's not what big clubs do or how big clubs act. This just reeks of unambitious behaviour. Basically we're content until we're in the relegation zone or some stupid **** like that. The performances tell the story, the results tell the story, the unrest tells the story but the board seemingly don't see what's in front of them.

Is there even a history of Emery turning things around at any club he's been it, apart from Sevilla it seems like he's been told to take a hike by every other club.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
You can’t blindly give a manager 3 years though, they have to show signs of improvement, Emery hasn’t. Most goals conceded at this point for us, in PL history. 30% win rate in the league, team and players look clueless.

You talk about a run of bad games, but we’ve been poor from mid last season till now. 2 seasons is fair at this point.

Most goals conceded have been from indivudal defensive mistakes. Can you really put that down to the manager? We need to be more structured in our defensive setup and that takes time. The setup against Leicester yesterday and against Vitoria shows we are at least trying to add solidity and structure to our game. At the moment, we're not very good at it, but I feel we'll get better over the season. The team needs to learn how to attack with flair and at speed but also they need to know how to shut a game out as and when required. We just haven't found that balance yet but I can see little steps being made ie the Liverpool game, we pressed very well all over the pitch and attacked very well, we just lacked aggression. Against Wolves we controlled the midfield better, v Leicester we looked pretty solid for 68 minutes. Against Eintracht Frankfurt our counter attacking and pressing was excellent. We moved the ball very quickly in transition and off the ball movement was very good. These things take time to implement.

Iceman10

Established Member
I've already stated, it is going to be at least 2-3 years for Emery's playing style, tactics, to be fully implemented. We can't keep chopping and changing managers everytime we have a run of bad results. The club has a decent backend structure in place at the moment and they are currently building that for the long term. Sometimes too much change can cause chaos.

There are legitimate points various have made about his tenure at PSG, where his tactics were unconvincing, there wasn't clear direction, and he didn't command respect where unhappy players went over his head to force him into a retreat over tactics they didn't like. This all translates to hopes of giving him space over 2-3 years as a risk in of itself.

Personally, I think it is in the balance regarding sacking him now, nine points behind Leicester where top 4 of Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Leicester looks almost impenetrable as things stand. I lean towards taking a risk with someone like Allegri to get a honeymoon points bounce but I also knew this new-ish club structure we have (Raul/Vinai/Edu) has a sort of comfort zone with Emery as first team coach, good or bad,

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
2-3 years, are you actually serious? thats hardly the norm is it, lampard even managed it within months ffs, im sorry you are chatting nonsense, want emery in all you want but dont talk nonsense in order to back your view up, its a bad look
Chelsea have got a brilliant structure in place and tons of money to pump into it. Chelsea's youth squads are also arguably much better than ours. Their players are physically ready to play at a higher level, our ones I don't think are ready physically. Lampard had the right setup to begin with so would be quite a simple transiition for him.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not buying into that Ornstein story, ‘feel results will improve’ based on what? Feels like just a piece they put out while they talk to new candidates.

Until this season our home and Europa league form was generally good, it was the relegation level away results that were our undoing. Now it’s infected the home results. How is that anything but regression.

Pepes blue pill

Chelsea have got a brilliant structure in place and tons of money to pump into it. Chelsea's youth squads are also arguably much better than ours. Their players are physically ready to play at a higher level, our ones I don't think are ready physically. Lampard had the right setup to begin with so would be quite a simple transiition for him.

They are on a transfer ban :lol:, you seriously think it needs 2 or 3 years to achieve a set style of play? what about emery who hasnt even shown HE knows how he wants to play...you sound like gary neville, happy to slate the players but manager off bounds

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
May be only 12 games, but top 4 is set in my opinion. We're battling for 5th. Europa once again the only way we'll get CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom