• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Him and Ramsey dominated Kante and Matic on the day tbf...Per was the stand out, but every player did themselves very proud in that final.

Fair enough, credit where credits due. As you say the defence played massive part that day. Ox played very well didn't he, or was that the semi?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Fair enough, credit where credits due. As you say the defence played massive part that day. Ox played very well didn't he, or was that the semi?

Think it was both, he was a really good wingback...Sánchez and Özil really ran that game, Welbeck ran Luiz ragged ironically.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
His career here is all but over. As one of his supporters it’s a shame to see him leave like this but it is what it is. Hopefully we can get a tasty transfer fee- unlikely we’ll recoup the £35M we splashed.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Think it was both, he was a really good wingback...Sánchez and Özil really ran that game, Welbeck ran Luiz ragged ironically.

Yeah I remember ox putting in a really good shift at wingback for a good few months until the start of the season he got his move. Welbeck put in one of his better performances for the club that day. Just watched the highlights of the two games and what stood out besides our play was cech starting the semi but not the final. Trying to remember why that was.

Riou

Yeah I remember ox putting in a really good shift at wingback for a good few months until the start of the season he got his move. Welbeck put in one of his better performances for the club that day. Just watched the highlights of the two games and what stood out besides our play was cech starting the semi but not the final. Trying to remember why that was.

Probably because he kicked the ball to Cesc only a few months previous, then preceded to have a bit of a laugh with Terry and Costa...couldn’t trust him imo.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I don't recall Xhaka being a standout performer in either game.

We got on top of both semis and final in midfield . Not saying Xhaka is without his faults. First hal of the next season he cost us at least 9 points by himself .

Riou

21089028-7692653-Xhaka_posted_a_photo_of_him_playing_for_Switzerland_with_a_capti-a-21_1573910896997.jpg

Last edited:

mpower2540

One of his best displays was final and semi of the FA Cup.
Yeah good point i remember the final and I thought he was our best player that day. He was outstanding, pretty much cos he was allowed to sit and control the game rather than run around everywhere.

I don’t particularly like Xhaka, and under stress he’s hopeless, which shows why he was a poor choice of leader, but he’s another example of a player we’ve simply failed to utilise correctly.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
I’ve been quiet about this since his meltdown because I see both sides of this. I don’t care for the fans’ reaction to him being subbed, and his reaction was amateurish at best. But now he sounds like he forgets the only reason why he’s so well-paid, and gets to play a game for a living.
Whether he likes it or not, he’s not playing just to make himself proud. If that were the case, he’d be hitting free kicks off his backyard fence like millions of kids who play because they love the game.
But he’s a professional athlete. I don’t know about other fans, but when I spend over $100 on an Arsenal shirt I consider that a decent amount of money. That doesn’t give me carte blanche to abuse players. But without that money that we all spend, Xhaka has no career. He’d do well to remember that.
*This is all without regard to the awful abuse his family has gotten on social media which is never acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:

roz

Fake News Merchant
I’ve been quiet about this since his meltdown because I see both sides of this. I don’t care for the fans’ reaction to him being subbed, and his reaction was amateurish at best. But now he sounds like he forgets the only reason why he’s so well-paid, and gets to play a game for a living.
Whether he likes it or not, he’s not playing just to make himself proud. If that were the case, he’d be hitting free kicks off his backyard fence like millions of kids who play because they love the game.
But he’s a professional athlete. I don’t know about other fans, but when I spend over $100 on an Arsenal shirt I consider that a decent amount of money. That doesn’t give me carte blanche to abuse players. But without that money that we all spend, Xhaka has no career. He’d do well to remember that.
*This is all without regard to the awful abuse his family has gotten on social media which is never acceptable.
The best response I’ve seen to the Xhaka situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom