• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pacstud

Sack Emery. OK.

Use Freddie as a stop-gap. OK.

Go all ManU and after a good run of form (tough not to improve) decide that Freddie should carry us forward. HOLY GOD PLEASE NO.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
What’s the thinking behind Favre? Guy is mid table with Dortmund and facing the sack.

He’s cheap so that’ll interest our cheap club.

I wouldn't worry, I very much doubt Favre will coach outside a French or German speaking league.

I wish he'd be coaching somewhere else soon though! He's got the best squad at Dortmund the club has possible ever had (that may be overstating, but it really is a very strong squad in comparison to the majority of years), and are underperforming at such a level, that it really is a case of when, not if he leaves at this point. He needs one heck of a turnaround before the winter break.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I wouldn't worry, I very much doubt Favre will coach outside a French or German speaking league.

I wish he'd be coaching somewhere else soon though! He's got the best squad at Dortmund the club has possible ever had (that may be overstating, but it really is a very strong squad in comparison to the majority of years), and are underperforming at such a level, that it really is a case of when, not if he leaves at this point. He needs one heck of a turnaround before the winter break.
Thanks for the insight, does sound poor.

pacstud

Since Wenger has gone, every manager linked to Arsenal has been poor. Mourinho aside. I don’t get it.
tbf for many (not necessarily you) there are no good managers other than those unattainable (Klopp, etc). Everyone else is "garbage" and surely we know more.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Thanks for the insight, does sound poor.

The worst part is, after the match the other day vs Paderborn, Marco Reus actually said to an interviewer that the team doesn't know how to press. How poor is that??? So yes, Favre is just driving everyone crazy at this point, and not helped by his rather insipid personality. Sure, that isn't the most important thing, but the lack of fire isn't helping Dortmund fans take to him.

I can't see him going to EPL at all, especially at this stage of his career, he'd have done it years ago if he was going to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom