• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal v Eintracht Frankfurt | November 28 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Be honest: Did you cheer Frankfurt's goals?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I seem to remember MU allowed it to be known that LVG had been sacked in favour of Mourinho during the FA Cup final but before the cup had actually been lifted. That was utterly classless.

I thought we were better than that but as you say, he’s being humiliated in a very public way. Disappointing.
Fans can protest by not attending or even walking out at some point, than targeting Emery.

Emery isn’t even the problem now, it’s the people fumbling around him.

I think its so hard to grasp what has gone wrong here and im not sure its completely Emery its a combination of factors again and miss management all around the club.

First Emery - Im not sure how his gone from this very tactically aware manager (who should plenty of this last season when we were constantly changing shape and formation to save games) to what looks like his watching a completely different game. I think recently when he was talking about Pepe's adaptation and likening it to Fabinho at Liverpool....who he also mentioned he was after was maybe a little clue into the fact he wanted a bigger holding more disaplined player like he is and instead the club have got him Ceballos who i like as a player but not really what we needed.

Emery seems unable to get a midfield who have the disapline to defend/cover/ pick up the right defensive positions. Torreira and guen are at best eratic in their positioning. This has been a problem area for 10 years or more, before Emerys time and we havent been able to find one midfielder who can defend.

Pepe might turn out to be great, im not slating him at all we needed a proper wide forward...but that 70m could have been used better in midfield.

Lastly the criminal errors our players are making is frankly just disgusting, They dont seem to have any pride in thier work.

Not many of our players would get into the leicester team and that says in all for me. Sack Emery, fine, but if you do it invest in the midfield to give the new guy a chance.
I'm 100% with you on the apparent folly of 70m on Pepe, but for me it would have been better spent on the defence not midfield. As an example, Liverpool were having problems defensively and paid 70m on Van Dyck, problem appears solved. We have a problem in defence and pay 6m for Luiz, far from being solved if anything the problem is worse.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm 100% with you on the apparent folly of 70m on Pepe, but for me it would have been better spent on the defence not midfield. As an example, Liverpool were having problems defensively and paid 70m on Van Dyck, problem appears solved. We have a problem in defence and pay 6m for Luiz, far from being solved if anything the problem is worse.

To be fair we’ve spent 120M on defensive players in the last 18 months. Leno, Sokratis, Luiz, Tierney, Saliba, Torreira etc.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Not comfortable with this, not sure he deserves it tbh.

Isn’t it abit much already that the club is humiliating him in public and now the fans will turn on him in the ground?

Do a protest without targeting Emery directly maybe - “change is needed” etc.
Tbf, the earliest Wenger Out protests in the stadium were meek at best, so this one probably wont even gather much pace before he's gone anyway.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don’t think I will ever not look forward to watching us play, no matter how bad we are or who we are up against, every time I see the badge it brings me back a little to being a kid and how amazing we were.

This is basically me every game, just before kick off...deluded, but I love it :lol:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

We have neglected the defence for a while now, usually spending most of our money on attackers. But we have spend enough on the defence to at least compete for top 4. How much did Leicester spend on their defence? A lot less than we did. They even sold Maguire without buying any defenders this season.

As for Liverpool spending 75m on VVD, they only done it after they got Mane, Salah and Firmino in place already.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Hatrick for Gabriel Martinelli.
Brace for Willock.
1 goal each for Nelson and Emile Smith Rowe.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Doesn't work like that.

For every VVD, you can get a Mustafi and Maguire.

Mustafi at 35 million was very expensive and expected to solve our defensive problems. Maguire at 80 million looks like a flop for ManU.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Doesn't work like that.

For every VVD, you can get a Mustafi and Maguire.

Mustafi at 35 million was very expensive and expected to solve our defensive problems. Maguire at 80 million looks like a flop for ManU.

Sol and Kolo cost what, £250,000 combined or something in transfer fees...we just haven’t been identifying what we need really at the back since Kos and Per, hopefully Saliba can be the start of something

ArsenalFever

Might just put a score on Arsenal to win this.

Emery should be given time, another season at least :lol:;)
If we win our next 3 prem games, this all may just be regarded a blip, if we win just 1 of three, then I think action is in order.

Banners for out isn't really acceptable at this stage, but yer we gotta keep our identity.

Auba needs to step up as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom