• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich v Arsenal | December 1, 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
People are failing to see that if Norwich wanted they could cut right through our midfield for the whole game. They were passive in first half but their two counter attacks they went through the midfield easily.

They were running through our midfield when ever they wanted. Not just after when Torreira and Saka came on.

It's been like that since Wenger's second last season.

Eirico

Should have lost that, and not an encouringing first game by Freddie with so many questionble decisions by him
-Bringing Mustafi back to the first eleven. He is terrible at defending, and even though Sokratis has been horrible lately Mustafi is even worse.
-Picking Kolasinac over Tierney. I dont think Kolasinac had a bad game, but Tierney is better and one for the future.
-A midfield two of Guendouzi and Xhaka is not good enough defensivly, we`ve already seen that under Emery. Torreira should play in my opinion until we can buy someone better, and I would prefer Guendouzi to be his partner in CM.
-Letting Özil play 88 mins and Laca 90 mins was two bad decisions, Özil was poor in the 2nd half and Laca was poor the whole game.
-We need to get Pepe going, and if he wasnt going to start he should have been given at least 30 mins for Laca or Özil. We needed to change something in the 2nd half when Norwich was all over us.

Even though the defending was **** as usual I enjoyed the first half, but the second half was like an Emery-half and really bad. Freddie has only been in charge for two days so cant expect him to change too much, but he made alot of questionable decisions today. Leno saved us from a comfortable loss.

darkgunner

Luiz is a fraud, he's been highly **** since he has arrived here. Another player who saw us as an easy retirement home to collect a few more pennies for a season or two before he ****s off to the MLS or CSL.

When you see how headless he is in games like this, it's no wonder Brazil were destroyed 7-1 with him playing in defence.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Something braver. He is not getting a full time job with this approach. I don't expect any results, just seeing proper attacking football again even at the expense of results (which we are not getting anyways)

He's had 2 training sessions with the team as a head coach.
He wasn't going to fix our broken offense in such a short span of time.

I think most fans have unrealistic expectations tbf. This isn't a video game.
There's a lot of work to do & it will require some time.

bandaid

can we stop the two striker experiment please. play one and sub on the other at the end if you want...but the whole team is totally imbalanced and lacks shape when both play.

GoonerBoy19

I would start Laca as a roaming midfield striker. Özil for me doesnt have the physical stature to hack the premier league. Id drop him for Pepe. Guendouzi needs to look at his game because he unecessarily holds on to the ball to long and because his not "quick" often loses the ball in areas that puts Arsenal under pressure. Needso to let the ball move more.

Laca is slow as snail, Özil do quick transitions from midfield which is essential. Issue with Özil is playing Laca and Xhaka doesn't help him. He needs people who pass and move. Even chambers is horrible with the ball, i hope bellerin gets fit asap.

Dont know if you guys get the same footage as me now

Swedish studio is showing graphics showing how Xhaka and Guendozi doesnt work together.

Mainly that Guendozi doesnt work in tandem with Xhaka, often out of position

What Ive been saying Forever!

Also highlighted how bad our guys are att trackinh back, except for Torreira who moves quickly into the area infront of the cbs where a dm should be...
Our ball retention has been poor for many years. Opposition has the ball Arsenal seen petrified to close in and when they do the ball makes up its mind to go to opposition on 50 50s. Guendouzi and midfield players do not work together. Guendouzi seems to want to be the new midfield general but is not cutting it. I like him alot but he needs to change a few things to his game. Özil is pretty ineffective and hates physicality. Throws his arms up or collapses to the ground.
Forwards are good but midfield do not consistently help the forwards. Alot of work to do.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's had 2 training sessions with the team as a head coach.
He wasn't going to fix our broken offense in such a short span of time.

I think most fans have unrealistic expectations tbf. This isn't a video game.
There's a lot of work to do & it will require some time.
I didn't expect him to fix broken things or to get a result, but starting with a fresh attacking formation instead of fielding 4 CM's is not the start I was looking for. If we wanted pragmatic way, we could've kept Emery then

The midfield is garbage, nothing new about that. Willock kept on gifting possession & then didn’t bother to chase back

True.

But I'm talking about if we are not firm in the midfield and the defense we get overrun. I'm not ready to put the blame on Saka that we were overrun although he was not good when he came on.

Luiz is a fraud, he's been highly **** since he has arrived here. Another player who saw us as an easy retirement home to collect a few more pennies for a season or two before he ****s off to the MLS or CSL.

When you see how headless he is in games like this, it's no wonder Brazil were destroyed 7-1 with him playing in defence.
I disagree nothing to do with Luiz at all - this is an Arsenal problem. Luiz played well - the team selection and balance is awkward

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
All said, result was crap, same issues with individual mistakes due to the individuals being absolute dogshit, so no manager can help that.

The fluidity and possession at the start and in places during, and the end, was very promising; we were good to watch. More work to be done here than alot imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom