• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich v Arsenal | December 1, 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All said, result was crap, same issues with individual mistakes due to the individuals being absolute dogshit, so no manager can help that.

The fluidity and possession at the start and in places during, and the end, was very promising; we were good to watch. More work to be done here than alot imagined.
This. No matter how good the system or the tactics, cutting out individual mistakes can only really be cured by a change of personnel.

We've watched Mustafi make those same errors under Wenger, Emery and now Freddie. And he'll carry on whoever's here.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We need to buy a CB and CM in January as well as selling Xhaka and Mustafi

Gooner_girl14

I disagree strongly here. I don't think Guendouzi was good at all. Maybe going forward but defensively he was getting destroyed alongside Xhaka!
Guendouzi and Xhaka were both poor , both get overrun too easily and don't have the physical presence, tackling ability or pace to recover. ESP for the Cantwell goal neither was anywhere near the play when they broke and our defenders are always outnumbered and back pedaling.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I didn't expect him to fix broken things or to get a result, but starting with a fresh attacking formation instead of fielding 4 CM's is not the start I was looking for. If we wanted pragmatic way, we could've kept Emery then

He's taken the job 2 days ago.
He's basically played the same setup/team Emery has played during the last few weeks because he wasn't going to change things drastically without having the chance on working on it.

His team selection today made a lot of sense imo.
Our dressing room is already broken. Our players have 0 confidence right now. I think he didn't want to change too much things too fast, and make it worse.

Let's see what he does for the next few games.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We’ve migrated away from

“What’s going on with Özil?”
to
“What’s going on with Pepe?”

Progress, no?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

great.. we get it. You hate Özil. everyone gets it. Message received.
It might be hard to understand, but I do not “hate” him. I would love for him to play great and be closer to the player he once was. He was great when he burst into the scene, but unfortunately that is long ago and now he brings very little to the team.

Like I wrote, stay off the bad stuff.

boyinneedofhumor

Takeaways from today's match:

1. Ljungberg is his own man, with his 1st 11 and substitutions. Just that it's too early to figure his philosophy or approach.

2. Seeing Mustafi and Xhaka might irk some. But at some point one would think of utilizing them if they aren't out on loan or sold. The performances however, are somewhat mixed.

3. There's Özil (creator), Lacazette (central target) and Aubameyang (speedy/roaming). I can only surmise Freddie hasn't have time to work on the forward 3's movements yet.
At some stage we might as well have a couple of them further ahead on the counter, since it seems we'll concede no matter what.
I don't know if I should be happy seeing Aubameyang drop back often.

4. Would have preferred to see Martinelli or Pepe on earlier. Curious about how Freddie views them.
Can't make up mind about Saka on for Guendouzi. And also Torreira's time when he came on.

5. I shall just term today as Emery's residual effect.

The next game should provide more clues...

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
It was the right call to play Xhaka and Mustafi, no matter how they performed.

Those 2 players are in the squad. They're both international players with big egos. You can't not play them at all and not expect any negative consequences in the dressing room.

So yes, playing them and showing them he's still has some faith in them was the right call.

baccy_man

Established Member
I only saw the second half thank god we were far too slow again players making stupid passes that never got to who ever they were intended for and the ball get passed back into our half then back too the keeper far too often,
I don't know why Mustafi was playing he was horrible as usual and Xhaka with his constant fouling,
I hope that Freddie can make some changes to our style in the next couple of weeks we need to speed things up.

Gooner_girl14

He's taken the job 2 days ago.
He's basically played the same setup/team Emery has played during the last few weeks because he wasn't going to change things drastically without having the chance on working on it.

His team selection today made a lot of sense imo.
Our dressing room is already broken. Our players have 0 confidence right now. I think he didn't want to change too much things too fast, and make it worse.

Let's see what he does for the next few games.

I can appreciate this point of view and playing it safe (though its useless coz we defend so poorly) but why not freshen things up a bit more? The players fell out of favour with Emery because they didn't like the way he tried to play. Taking out Sokratis for Mustafi is the best he could come up with? I just think that whatever Emery was doing got him sacked so Freddie needs to rebuild the team's identity. top four is a dream now so I think the sooner Freddie plays his way, the better. I'm just worried if this is really his vision.

I can't help feeling our best bet in central defence is Chambers and Holding. Mustafi and Sokratis are utter ****e and I've never rated Luiz. Why have we blown 70m quid on Pepe and he doesn't get a look in, clearly something is going on we're not privy to. Personally I think it was stupid business, our priority should have been the defence yet we spend a whole window chasing a winger we clearly didn't need. Iwobi was **** but at least he played. What a shambles, I presume we're supposed to be happy with a point against the team bottom of the league.

Laca is slow as snail, Özil do quick transitions from midfield which is essential. Issue with Özil is playing Laca and Xhaka doesn't help him. He needs people who pass and move. Even chambers is horrible with the ball, i hope bellerin gets fit asap.
Laca is slow - news to me!! Midfield is disjointed. I cant figure out who plays in midfield most of the time. Chambers is a defender being asked or still trying to play as a traditional winger with flair. Thats not his game. His game is to DEFEND. Id rather they use Wilcock in that role or Pepe. Team needs quicker transition from defense to midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom