• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-city-give-giovanni-van-20847635

Nobody at City is grooming Arteta for anything more than being an assistant. They even want to bring back Torrent to be Pep's right hand man again. This Arteta talk is so much hot air, don't get why so many are jumping on the bandwagon or even go to the length of making stuff up. Arteta to Arsenal will end like Ole at United.
A lot of the Arsenal interest in Arteta seems to be based on the impression he made while he was still here rather than his City work.

Massive massive risk, agree.

clovis

Pochettino was never happening.. proper wishlist stuff. Might as well dream of Klopp or Pep..

Why on earth would he burn his bridges with the Sp**s fans and make life miserable for himself in north London to coach arsenal in crisis???

If he is patient he can easily end up at PSG, Bayern, United, Madrid and even Juventus etc in a year or so.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If it’s not Poch, not Rodgers, not Allegri then go get Carlo for two years. I can’t see another manager that would have a bigger impact than him.

**** knows this is **** why was Emery so sh*t.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-city-give-giovanni-van-20847635

Nobody at City is grooming Arteta for anything more than being an assistant. They even want to bring back Torrent to be Pep's right hand man again. This Arteta talk is so much hot air, don't get why so many are jumping on the bandwagon or even go to the length of making stuff up. Arteta to Arsenal will end like Ole at United.

making stuff up and then post a Mirror link to back it up :D

No one knows how good or bad Arteta might turn out, yet so many people act like they know. It doesn't have to be black or white always, there is tons in between

GDeep™

League is very weak
If it’s not Poch, not Rodgers, not Allegri then go get Carlo for two years. I can’t see another manager that would have a bigger impact than him.

**** knows this is **** why was Emery so sh*t.
Carlo and his impact is debatable tbh, especially in recent years.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

No one knows how good or bad Arteta might turn out, yet so many people act like they know. It doesn't have to be black or white always, there is tons in between

It was the first english source I could find, but it's been widely reported that van Brocnkhorst is working at City behind the scenes.

And that's exactly the problem: Nobody knows how good or bad he is, because he's just not a manager yet, has never managed anything on his own. Shambolic if Arsenal get someone in like that on the grounds of paper talk and impressions. Arsenal hire manager now because Pep said he's a good assistant? Baffling.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Carlo and his impact is debatable tbh, especially in recent years.

It’s just from how other players/managers have spoke about him. Just feel he’d really lift this team and the players would actually respect him. We have some clowns that I think he’d whip into shape, take no ****.

Imagine the jockey or some other bloke the players have never heard of trying to set them straight. They’d laugh.

Reactions: A_G

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Because nobody ever saw him coach a team himself.

For a team as big as Arsenal you simply cannot hand the reigns to a former player, just because he proved to be a very good assistant to an established coach. Going by that token, we could as well hand the post to Tony Adams :)

Wonder how other cases turned out: Meulensteen didn't set the world alight when he left Ferguson, neither did Buvac, Queiroz etc...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What he say? Nothing substantial because I haven’t seen it.

Ornstein seems to be on the Arteta train over the last week.
A feeling developing in the game is that Mikel Arteta now finds himself in pole position, but the likes of Mauricio Pochettino, Patrick Vieira, Carlo Ancelotti and Roberto Martinez are still being mentioned. It is expected the committee will take two or three names to the Kroenkes before a final call is made and in the meantime Arsenal have total faith in Ljungberg as interim head coach.
You're right that it's nothing substantial, but the fact that his name is still being bandied about is somewhat encouraging. He's due back in the UK this week so we'll know soon enough.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s just from how other players/managers have spoke about him. Just feel he’d really lift this team and the players would actually respect him. We have some clowns that I think he’d whip into shape, take no ****.

Imagine the jockey or some other bloke the players have never heard of trying to set them straight. They’d laugh.
I’m not sure. He’s a big name and character but we need a top coach more than anything.

He’s like Wenger, he’ll be a good manager but you question his coaching now.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

He's overall a good man manager and seeing we have a lot of confidence players, he might be a good shout to lift this team up.

Going by what Cashley said about him, though, he won't be the guy to organize our defensive shape, etc.

A lot like Wenger in the way of working more towards how players should feel on the pitch and less on the details of what they should be doing.

Malky

Established Member
Not sure how we can sack Freddie to employ a man (Arteta) with less experience than him? Feels like a backwards step, especially with how good the relationship looks between Freddie and the squad here.
We've got to be waiting on a decision from Poch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom