• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Lol. £40m is a pittance for a top-level goalscorer like PEA.

I'd hope we could get £80m for him.
Isn't that what we've paid for him? That sounds too much for a 30y old striker who has 2 more seasons at best in him.
Anything between 40-50 would be good for us, but I don't see any interest in Europe for him.

Underhill

at 40m, we'd have clubs lining up around the corner. i doubt we'll get 80, but 40 would not be an issue. 50-60 or Jovic seems reasonable.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I can guarantee we will not get more than £40m for Auba if he goes in summer.

Why?

-1 year left on contact
-31 years old
- has a burning desire to leave
- very few clubs will be interested (city, liverpool, united, chelsea, probably Juve, Bayern wouldnt be interested)
- big wages
- good goalscorer but limited player.

Which player with 1 year left under them circumstances went for more?

Hazards was the most similar but had better conditions.

RVP went for 23m which is probably about 40m today based on transfers. However he was basically the final piece of the jigsaw for Fergie.

Only possibility is China or PSG if they sell Neymar or Mbappe.

Pepes blue pill

Many players have gone that router though. Totti, Henrik Larsson just in top of My head. Way worse players have played at top clubs. Not sure that is a Good metric.

Im a big auba fan but he is a top level goalscorer with an all round game that is well below the top level...be amazed if one of the real big boys take a risk on him, especially now....would be another rvn if he was playing with better players tho, think he would break records

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I did mention this, results pick up Auba would be happy. If we get CL i'd have no issue giving him a new contract provided we ship out more deadwood.

CL would be a very very tough tho.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Not sure if I want us to extend him, we've made the most of his prime and will soon start declining. Best to sell high.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
The thing with these "star players" we have is that where they are now is the highest they will be. How likely is it that Barcelona or Madrid are prepared to pay 40m for Auba

We need to clear out older players and aim for players with something to prove going forward.

I think Arteta's 'It's not about how good you are, it how good you can become' is the most important thing he said today

we might squeeze a few more goals out of Auba this season, but I can't see the point of getting him to sign a new contract, and I'm not convinced he will buckle down under the new regime

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think Arteta's 'It's not about how good you are, it how good you can become' is the most important thing he said today

we might squeeze a few more goals out of Auba this season, but I can't see the point of getting him to sign a new contract, and I'm not convinced he will buckle down under the new regime

Yeah I agree it could be best to sell him and try and look elsewhere. Had he been 27-28 it would have been clear to try to tie him down but a 31 year old signing up another 2 or 3 year deal in June. Not for me.

He is a great goalscorer but I think he gives nothing else. Which in a team with greatest in other areas you can get away with that but not at Arsenal.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd like is to sell him in the summer and sign someone younger with better link up personally.

He scores goals but contributes little else at all. You can see another striker coming, contributions fewer goals but the net benefit to the team is higher.

m-due

PEA and Lacazette don’t seem to be the downing tools we are used to when things don’t go their way. They should be excited at the prospect of working with a talented and disciplined coach. A new beginning for the club and a chance to fire on all cylinders. Arteta’s man management skills is exactly what we need.

Ewarwoowar

I think he is powder puff player, has a talent for goal that predominantly enables him to breeze through life, he will never get stuck in, never be in a war of attrition, Arteta might turn his head for a moment, but I don't think he going to knuckle down for any more than a cursory glance.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Not sure if I want us to extend him, we've made the most of his prime and will soon start declining. Best to sell high.

Agree as long as it's a straight move of PEA leaving and another really good striker joining - you currently cannot sell PEA and have a 'let's see what we can get then' approach

Moah

I don't think he is the kind of player who can fit in a system that Arteta wants to apply. He is getting old and won't get any better and given what Arteta said about it being how good you become, he may one of the first out the door.

m-due

PEA and Lacazette don’t seem to be the downing tools we are used to when things don’t go their way. They should be excited at the prospect of working with a talented and disciplined coach. A new beginning for the club and a chance to fire on all cylinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom