• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

At least tag me.

I hardly post in this thread anyway, but when I do, I make sure to make small Emery fanboys like yourself cry. :drool:

Making sure you're paying attention mate :lol: wouldn't want to go making your life easy now would I?

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Pretty much. sorry forgot about Martinelli. Scored a good goal, and good hustle.

He's the only creative player in his position right now apart from ESR. Dropping him makes us worse!

What do you want me to say?
There's nothing you can say that makes me want Özil to be anywhere near Arsenal football club, let alone our first team anymore. He's not wanted as far as I'm concerned and you are right he should be our best player given the amount of brag and hubris that comes from his social media but he isn't and he actually can't be it appears. Yes you got it at last, Martinelli, an attacker and a teenager is outperforming him in every department, skills, technique but most important of all desire and tangible output. So he's not the best performing attacker, as per your description at the club, I would suggest Pepe and saka have outperformed him as well. He's certainly not the best performing defender as he doesn't do that so what the hell is he good for currently?

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
People can deny it till the cows come home but an on-song Özil makes us a much more potent outfit.
I don't think many would deny that. Thing is, even fewer people would deny that waiting for him to hit the sort of form which makes him pivotal to our game is most probably a waste of time now. We've been waiting for long enough with no reward. He doesn't deserve this level of patience. Nobody does.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There's nothing you can say that makes me want Özil to be anywhere near Arsenal football club, let alone our first team anymore. He's not wanted as far as I'm concerned and you are right he should be our best player given the amount of brag and hubris that comes from his social media but he isn't and he actually can't be it appears. Yes you got it at last, Martinelli, an attacker and a teenager is outperforming him in every department, skills, technique but most important of all desire and tangible output. So he's not the best performing attacker, as per your description at the club, I would suggest Pepe and saka have outperformed him as well. He's certainly not the best performing defender as he doesn't do that so what the hell is he good for currently?
Don't give me the BS that he doesnt assist Auba. He was almost always involved in freeing up Kola/Pepe/Bellerin for the assist.

Tangible output is the Chances Created/Key Passes he has been playing

Admit it, you don't like him. I'm fine with that.

But saying that AFC doesn't need him? Ludicrous. We never needed him more!

shootxhakashoot

Don't give me the BS that he doesnt assist Auba. He was almost always involved in freeing up Kola/Pepe/Bellerin for the assist.

Tangible output is the Chances Created/Key Passes he has been playing

Admit it, you don't like him. I'm fine with that.

But saying that AFC doesn't need him? Ludicrous. We never needed him more!
No I don't like him at alland I don't think I should need to clarify that. I've supported Arsenal through Graham, Rioch and Wenger and have never disliked a player really. Some players are crap like Xhaka or igor stepanovs but do I remember a player I truly dislike like Özil, no. Özil has been a complete white elephant for this football club and is now causing more fires than the incompetant management are capable of putting out and is stealing a living. His attitude stinks and has done for years. As for output, are you seriously arguing that his output this season has consisted of key passes to Bellerin (who has barely played) and pepe who has been in and out of the team? It's all statistical clutching at straws, he doesn't drive Arsenal forward, the only thing he drives is his car away whilst his friend stays and fights. I've seen nothing to convince me he is going to stop calling it in or that his attention lies somewhere other than the football pitch. Admit it it's over for him at arsenal

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No I don't like him at alland I don't think I should need to clarify that. I've supported Arsenal through Graham, Rioch and Wenger and have never disliked a player really. Some players are crap like Xhaka or igor stepanovs but do I remember a player I truly dislike like Özil, no. Özil has been a complete white elephant for this football club and is now causing more fires than the incompetant management are capable of putting out and is stealing a living. His attitude stinks and has done for years. As for output, are you seriously arguing that his output this season has consisted of key passes to Bellerin (who has barely played) and pepe who has been in and out of the team? It's all statistical clutching at straws, he doesn't drive Arsenal forward, the only thing he drives is his car away whilst his friend stays and fights. I've seen nothing to convince me he is going to stop calling it in or that his attention lies somewhere other than the football pitch. Admit it it's over for him at arsenal
It doesnt matter what anyone thinks about it being over for him.

Emery hated him but had to play him in the end.
Freddie played him and AFC started coming into their own.
Remains to be seen about what Arteta does.

AFC needs him until ESR succeeds him, or they get someone else. That is the bottom line.

Frankly, I'm done with this argument because your irrational hatred is making me defend Özil while I don't really care much for him, apart from him being m favorite player (when he plays well)

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta favours a 433 formation.
Do you guys honestly see Özil playing well in a midfield three?
I don't think so.

Personally, I think he'll be the first to be shown the door by Arteta.
His time here is done.

We've tried playing him on the wing and the No 10 position and it still hasn't worked out. So I don't see him doing well in Arteta's system

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
AFC needs him until ESR succeeds him, or they get someone else. That is the bottom line.

What AFC desperately needs is players committed to the club and focused on football.

Ozils main focus is on philanthropy and football seems to be an afterthought for him these days. Football is his “side hustle” - he takes his pay cheque and simply goes through the motions.

I recognise the symptoms from my own behaviour in my current job :lol:

shootxhakashoot

It doesnt matter what anyone thinks about it being over for him.

Emery hated him but had to play him in the end.
Freddie played him and AFC started coming into their own.
Remains to be seen about what Arteta does.

Frankly, I'm done with this argument because your irrational hatred is making me defend Özil while I don't really care much for him, apart from him being m favorite player (when he plays well)
So he's your favourite player but you don't care for him. Highly rational

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

...while I don't really care much for him, apart from him being m favorite player (when he plays well)

Not the most logical of statements and you honestly seem to care quite a bit.

Why, after seeing Özil over 5+ years and not being happy with him, is this from your standpoint irrational? He has been bang average (at best) for quite a while now. Forget the Özil we all fell in love with years ago. He is just a shell of that player. If Arteta can somehow get a tune out of him Arteta deserves a Nobel Price of football coaching!

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not the most logical of statements and you honestly seem to care quite a bit.
Yeah, it was a bit confusing. What I meant to say that him being my favorite player doesn't interfere with my Arsenal connection. It was just a very happy coincidence.

I've been a Madrid supporter (after Rijkard left Barcelona), and lowkey support Germany. Throughout his time with Madrid and Germany, he was arguably their best player and that is a big achievement.

He has been bang average (at best) for quite a while now. Forget the Özil we all fell in love with years ago. He is just a shell of that player. If Arteta can somehow get a tune out of him Arteta deserves a Nobel Price of football coaching!
5+ years? Not really. His most disappointing season was the last one under Wenger. And then Emery came and we went south.

Was Arsenal Özil as good as the years-ago Özil? No, probably because he is used to better quality CMs behind him. I still think he could make a difference with a strong midfield. He was phenomenal when we had Ramsey, Caz and Alexis. He made Giroud a rockstar.

Arteta won't make a monkey's worth of difference until he can get the midfield functioning.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
He's far from the biggest problem the club has and by no means has been the biggest disappointment this year. City game aside he's been quite OK when played. Fades and out but always has and usually plays one or two key passes to create good chances up front (which we invariably don't take)

Does seem like any debate on Özil is just completely irrational. He seems to have become a focal point for alot of the frustration but realistically the players behind him have been far worse.

He's a luxury player than really performs when he has intelligent movement upfront and a solid unit behind him to allow him the freedom to utilise his talents best. As it stands we're far from solid at the back (more calamitous than solid) and the movement up front is hit and miss at best this year.

He's a square peg in a round hole in this team but it's not entirely been his fault. Just seems lazy to pick him out of the crowd when others have been bang average or worse

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's far from the biggest problem the club has and by no means has been the biggest disappointment this year. City game aside he's been quite OK when played. Fades and out but always has and usually plays one or two key passes to create good chances up front (which we invariably don't take)

Does seem like any debate on Özil is just completely irrational. He seems to have become a focal point for alot of the frustration but realistically the players behind him have been far worse.

He's a luxury player than really performs when he has intelligent movement upfront and a solid unit behind him to allow him the freedom to utilise his talents best. As it stands we're far from solid at the back (more calamitous than solid) and the movement up front is hit and miss at best this year.

He's a square peg in a round hole in this team but it's not entirely been his fault. Just seems lazy to pick him out of the crowd when others have been bang average or worse

If this is an acceptable contribution for £350k per week to you then fair enough.

If others are playing to 100% of their capabilities but worse than Özil, that isn’t their fault. They just aren’t good enough. I can live with that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There will not be any grey area with the Arteta I feel. Either he will feel Özil is worth keeping around because he can offer something, or he’ll ask the club to get him out because he doesn’t fit the “new culture”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom