• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

rockofcashel

What Arteta can give the Arsenal players.. and they'll probably hate him for it initially.. is a masterclass on how Manchester City beat Arsenal three times last year..

He can go back to whatever video analysis, and player analysis that City actually used and point out exactly how City dissected Arsenal.

He can say to the players in even more depth than De Bruyne did last week..

Auba, you're a fantastic goalscorer.. but we targetted you... because you don't track back

Özil.. you can make a sublime pass.. but we made sure to press you super fast because you're taking too long on your passing

Centre halves.. you are too slow getting back from corners..

Defensive midfielders, you don't make enough tactical fouls to break up counters..

He can show the players exactly how easy they've been to take apart.. and make them realise they've been figured out

Then change how they play

Chaoz_Enigma

Lets be united and get behind Mikel. Can see that Edu and Don Raul is very excited about Mikel. Hope with Mikel's hard attitude, our players will get their chin up and start fulfilling their potential.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Lets be united and get behind Mikel. Can see that Edu and Don Raul is very excited about Mikel. Hope with Mikel's hard attitude, our players will get their chin up and start fulfilling their potential.

He's jus giving the same spiel as last year . I lose confidence everytime he spezks. Nothing to do with the Arteta appointment just Raul.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Been here for more than 10 years now. Should get it for being here longer than anyone whos here now.
Am i the longest serving member active?

You are definitely one of our senior statesmen, but there are some real veterans still here ;)

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He honestly had absolutely everything you'd want from a forward, couldn't think of any flaw in his game for a few years.

Started watching a video of every goal he scored for Arsenal, every kind of goal you could score, he scored it.

Imagine having him alongside prime RVP on the field. Would've been a great sight. Unreal.

boyinneedofhumor

What is he supposed to say though? off course it’s gonna mimic what he said earlier
Think with Raul it'll be his wheeling/dealing behind the scenes.

With Edu, impressions from the vid is that he's respectful to Raul by having him lead the conversation. But he has expectations personally for the team too, rather than just sit along nonchalantly for the ride.

Edu, Freddie, Per, Arteta, etc, these are ex-players that know the Club. So we can dismiss the part that "...O well, he doesn't really care..."
It would be the specifics (opinions, approach) that make or break them, and not for want of trying.
https://www.besoccer.com/new/we-were-arguing-every-day-at-arsenal-761960

...and penultimately, the players' receptivity to trying different approach to see it'll bring success...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yes it did....Been a member since 2007, you can check my profile if you don't believe.

I think this actually may be me. I've been here since March 2004.

You are definitely one of our senior statesmen, but there are some real veterans still here ;)

You are definitely AM’s greatest generation...

Rzut.gif

Also @pigge ;)

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can't even enjoy Christmas FFS, My mind's on the game tomorrow.

So buzzing for this.

I don't want a win just give me a good performance.

Lord knows it's been a while since we've had one

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I think the point is that you don’t build your game around it. Especially when you are trying to rebuild the fundamentals. It’s clear our team is struggling and needs to go back to the basics. It’s like you spend all your money on a Lamborghini but have no money left to gas it... or something... I dunno... You get it.

No one wants to see flicks all the time on a match day. But at the same time it shouldn't be such a shock to people to see players practice it in training. After all, it is better they tried it in training and only occasionally used it in matches. It hasn't become obsolete as some think, it can be a very useful weapon to get past resolute defending.

I do agree though that we should go back to basics. Our team has completely forgotten to apply the basics for a few months now. Starting with the most basic of all, at least matching the work rate and intensity of our opponent. At this point in time we should concentrate on the simple things, like trying to correctly execute a pass to a team mate and not lose possession every few seconds before trying the fancy tricks.

GoonerJay24

He honestly had absolutely everything you'd want from a forward, couldn't think of any flaw in his game for a few years.

Started watching a video of every goal he scored for Arsenal, every kind of goal you could score, he scored it.

Gave the ball away too much

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom