• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Sunday 29th December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
The goal came after all three subs were used what’s the subs got to do with it

Goals are not individual actions totally unrelated to previous events in the game. The goals came after totally submitting to the opponents control in the second half. The goals came as a consequence of giving the momentum to Chelsea. Sure, the first goal was an individual mistake but such mistake was always more likely when you do not have any control of the game and you're inviting pressure constantly. Moreover, recovering from such mistake is quite hard when you've basically set out to win 1-0 by just hanging on to a narrow lead without any indications of actually being able to take control of the game. We had 35% ball possession in the second half and 2 shots against Chelsea's 10. We were riding our luck and it didn't work out and it rarely does.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Just me that thinks we lost a hold of the game when Özil went off again?

We came into the 2nd half thinking we had won the game already.

Mesut was yelling at the players behind them and telling to push forward.

But yeah once he went off we had nothing going forward.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Disagree about Nelson who I think is really getting into his own. Right now I think Laca, based on form should be benched for Pepe.
Nelson has no form, he’s done nothing but around the pitch. I’d like to see Martinelli-Auba-Pepe next.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
AMN - Second-Choice.
Mustafi - Third-Choice.
Luiz - Second Choice-
Saka - Third Choice.
Matteo - Second Choice.

Some people should realize this.
And even our first choice aren't that good.
And another Injury today, while Chambers is a very good passer out of the back.

We have done okay. We are never good at defending only, we always conceding.

Sadly Leno made an error today.
De Gea vs Watford, Edersvon vs. Wolves. This happens in football.

But we can't let go Xhaka and our only replacement is Matteo.

Pepes blue pill

Not going to read all the posts as I know there will be people being needlessly negative, all I saw was a team who finally had a style of play and players giving 100%..great to see after such a short period in charge...do worry about the players being tired for the utd game now tho

Fair play to lampard as well, saw the game was being won by arsenal and made the changes that won them the game

Ashybashy86

The refs in this country really make me dislike following this league. We’re having a hard enough time trying to beat 11 men.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Cant believe im saying this but we lost the moment Özil was subbed.
Despite us controlling the game and generally playing well I still think we are seriously struggling to create noteworthy chances.

tbh I am appalled at our players for when Leno made that mistake and not one of them offered any encouragement.
Shiyte team mates. He has single handedly saved us from getting stuffed numerous times this season

arsmile

Established Member
i think essentially you take your medicine with that and appreciate the positives.

It's not as if we have lost ground in a race to anything. in terms of points/positions- anything above avoiding relegation would be an unexpected bonus.

The change in style and attitude is huge. All we need to do is bed it in for the rest of the season.

real, proper institutional change isnt based on the results we get between now and the end of the season. The plan was clear and good and the players did it to the best of their abilities.

if you can say that about every game between now and then end of the season then we will be ready to really compete next season with the same strategy and a refreshed squad.

rockofcashel

People who are **** at sports.....and nönces.

Aye, and how many games would you be watching if there were no refs?

Dont blame the ref for that performance. Arsenal were excellent for 35 minutes and then either ran out of steam, or simply ran out of ideas. It looked like the Bournemouth game again. If anything, it seems to me that one of the teams biggest problems is a lack of fitness, and if you managed to get a mix of Wenger/Ferguson/Guardiola and every other manager ever, you cannot make players fitter in a week or two. That will be a long term fix.

The possession stats for the 2nd half were ridiculous. Chelsea had 65% and ten shots, Arsenal 35% and one shot.

That's not the refs fault.

Lacazette is clearly not match fit.. but you have to give him matches to get fit.

Arsenal had a brilliant shape for the early part of the first half.. but by the middle of the second, they were all over the place again

It's better than it was.. but its going to take time.

And blaming a referee, no matter how poor he was... isnt going to make the structural changes needed any easier

Malky

Established Member
For what it’s worth, this Lampard side are nothing, absolutely nothing special! Arteta without so many injured players and we’d slap them about, arguably should of today!

Manberg

Predator
Goals are not individual actions totally unrelated to previous events in the game. The goals came after totally submitting to the opponents control in the second half. The goals came as a consequence of giving the momentum to Chelsea. Sure, the first goal was an individual mistake but such mistake was always more likely when you do not have any control of the game and you're inviting pressure constantly. Moreover, recovering from such mistake is quite hard when you've basically set out to win 1-0 by just hanging on to a narrow lead without any indications of actually being able to take control of the game. We had 35% ball possession in the second half and 2 shots against Chelsea's 10. We were riding our luck and it didn't work out and it rarely does.

We dominated the first half but ran out of legs in the second half, the team is getting tired that’s the problem. Arteta took off Özil and bought on Willock. It’s the right change but obviously not enough. We didn’t have that quality on the bench.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
i think essentially you take your medicine with that and appreciate the positives.

It's not as if we have lost ground in a race to anything. in terms of points/positions- anything above avoiding relegation would be an unexpected bonus.

The change in style and attitude is huge. All we need to do is bed it in for the rest of the season.

real, proper institutional change isnt based on the results we get between now and the end of the season. The plan was clear and good and the players did it to the best of their abilities.

if you can say that about every game between now and then end of the season then we will be ready to really compete next season with the same strategy and a refreshed squad.
There are no positives if you can't create chances or compete physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom