• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
_42821133_dein270.jpg

...don't want either, can't we just get him back... :(

That cvnt invited Kroenke and Usmanov. He can fvck off.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, that wasn’t the point. Sven’s USP isn’t finding players like Carrasco or Perisic, any **** can do that.

The point is finding players who will perform the club, who cares who well known they are?

Would Perisic and Sarr been better signings than Pepe so far? Probably.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Point still stands that there are lots of “talented” goalkeepers out there, but it’s hard to think of many who’ve been better value for money than Leno in terms of top teams.
Yes, but I'm starting to think that Wenger's point about knowing most the players Sven recommends was the truth, and not just resentment at having his influence on transfers diminished as it was portrayed by the media.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Mislintat wasn‘t in charge of signing players, Raul was. Mislintat scouted Soyuncu but Raul preferred „experience“ hence Lichtsteiner too and now Luiz.

Bollocks. He was head of recruitment. Your argument just absolves him of any blame for a poor signing while conveniently giving him all the credit for good ones. ****ing joke.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Goal France? The french version of Charles Watts employer?
I can't speak for how reliable Goal France compared to its English counterpart but the point is that it didn't originate from the Mirror as you claimed.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes, but I'm starting to think that Wenger's point about knowing most the players Sven recommends was the truth, and not just resentment at having his influence on transfers diminished as it was portrayed by the media.

Yeah of course but look at the summer of 2016, Mustafi had a reputation and ended up a complete flop.

Sven’s job was to decide whether these well known players and randomers would fit the club which it seems with his targets and actual deals he’s been validated.

Reactions: A_G

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I would've preferred to keep Sven instead of relying on Raul's agent driven model, but I don't think the transfer situation would be significantly different to how it is now.

I guess down the line it would've been more angled towards profit through development and a more longterm tragetting process, but in terms of hits and misses it could've been very similar. You just got to take into account the framework of Arsenal in the transfer market. One thing though, Mislintat's professed longterm involvement and contact model based on trust and personal relationship with target players and their entourage could've been a massive upside in contrast to Sanllehi's notebook appraoch to just nudge players a litte more towards joining Arsenal without having to mostly rely on wages, etc.

And yeah, looking at Mislintat's job for Stuttgart it's been a solid one, but there's no one out there with a 100% success rate and there's no guarantee knowing what works out. The kid from Ligue 2 is ripping it up and just needs to score more, the 26 year old who last season scored ~ 15 goals and had 10 assists in 2. Bundesliga is struggling to find any sort of form at VfB. You'd usually bet the other way round. Max Eberl is lauded as one of Germany's best DoFs, he build up that reputation over the last decade. He's now consistently putting together strong squads and making solid manager choices, but if you look at every single manager and player he ever signed, there's tons of duds and flops and question marks. Guy rolled through 4 managers in his first 3 seasons as DoF before finding his first longterm solution with Favre. It's a lot of longterm work and finding a model/system that gives you consistency, but no one is always right.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That cvnt invited Kroenke and Usmanov. He can fvck off.

Yeah, this always confuses me...the board sacked him after he approached Stan the ****, why?

Kroenke was perfect for our ****ty board, helped make them all rich by not wanting to spend money.

I can only assume this happened...after we ****ed ourselves with our terrible bank deal when we moved to the Emirates, Dein wanted more investment in the club as our rivals were getting richer...I think Stan told Dein he would invest in the team, and Usmanov would've invested if he was allowed...so the board fired Dein, after he wanted Arsenal to take some risks with their finances, we needed money to keep/improve our team...which the board didn't want as they were worried they wold lose out on too much money, being the turbo nonces they are.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Minimum expectations for new cb should be better than what we already have, that’s not a high bar either.. Stop gaps and backups is a waste of time, blessing in disguise the more I think about it.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If it's because we want a loan and they don't then fair enough as far as I'm concerned. Loan makes way more sense.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Don‘t care anymore that Sven isn‘t around here, I’ve fought that battle for a few months when he was pushed out, what‘s done is done.

However, Raul Sanllehi’s job should be reviewed by the club. He’s surrounded himself by yes men. Apparently other people on our board have lost all power and don‘t decide anything since his arrival. That‘s not a healthy situation, just like it wasn‘t when Wenger was in charge alone (who at least had great footballing knowledge instead of just knowing people). Something needs to be done because just changing manager after manager isn‘t going to cut it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If it's because we want a loan and they don't then fair enough as far as I'm concerned. Loan makes way more sense.
It doesn’t make sense though, how can you propose a loan for someone who is not only starting for their team but is also one of the leaders?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If the football world viewed Sven as such a success no chance he would be in the German second division now. He was a free agent.

Afaik it was more of a personal choice and the attractiveness of the project at hand in Stuttgart.

He clearly wanted to climb the ladder or not take a step back to be Head Scout again. A return to Dortmund was off for him, due to his BVB days Schalke, too. Most of the traditional big clubs in Germany have longstanding DoFs: Mainz (Schröder), Freiburg (Saier), Bremen (Baumann), Augsburg (Reuter), Gladbach (Eberl). He's not a big fan of investor clubs like Hoffenheim, Leipzig, Leverkusen or Wolfsburg. That's left very little options for him. And just liek everyone else but Salihamidzic, he passed on the role of puppet to Hoeneß and Rummenigge at Bayern.

Top that of with the project of completely restructuring and rebuilding a fallen, traditional big club like VfB Stuttgart complete with a new hierarchy and the possibility for massive financial growth of the club in one of Germany's economically most successfull regions.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is perfect for @GDeep™

Whatever happens, he can **** on the club.

If we get him... "some nobody from the Brazilian league, meanwhile my boys are rattling PSV and getting Bergwijn"

If we don't get him... "Arsenal getting bullied by some nobody from the Brazilian league, meanwhile my boys are rattling PSV and getting Bergwijn"

Win-win for G!

If we get him, good...if we don't get him, fine...probably not a player we will look back on with much regret, whatever happens.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is perfect for @GDeep™

Whatever happens, he can **** on the club.

If we get him... "some nobody from the Brazilian league, meanwhile my boys are rattling PSV and getting Bergwijn"

If we don't get him... "Arsenal getting bullied by some nobody from the Brazilian league, meanwhile my boys are rattling PSV and getting Bergwijn"

Win-win for G!

If we get him, good...if we don't get him, fine...probably not a player we will look back on with much regret, whatever happens.

Nah man I was on the positive train, 7M is nothing to cry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom