• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I want to like and rate his game but I can't. Ceballos played his role without too many heart stopping moments and hes not even the most mobile. I think we should sell. We need that someone in CM and he's not it,even if he can control play. No need to keep him just because we've no one else. I'll be behind this less error prone Xhaka till the season ends.

Reactions: roz

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
:lol: Imagine feeling jealous of some footballer. Their lives are so out-there compared to ours that I imagine even the most jealous type couldn’t feel that emotion. Jealousy stems from a sense of injustice so there’s far more chance of being jealous of someone with a similar status to your own than some multi millionaire stranger who you’ll never ever meet and can’t relate to in any way.

Nah, we’re just pissed because he’s gash at football and he plays for Arsenal!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah I don’t think anyone is jealous of someone that far away from our realm of reality. He’s just been shyte for years and all the managers we’ve had as of late are infatuated with him and half of us can’t work out why.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He's an abysmal footballer. Disgusted Arteta rates him.
I don't think Arteta rates him either. He understands that we have poverty options in midfield. Xhaka has very limited skillset and so many weaknesses. Arteta is just asking him to play a simple role that doesn't expose him much. He will be the first one to be dumped once we get a proper midfielder.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I don't think Arteta rates him either. He understands that we have poverty options in midfield. Xhaka has very limited skillset and so many weaknesses. Arteta is just asking him to play a simple role that doesn't expose him much. He will be the first one to be dumped once we get a proper midfielder.
Think this is a good point. Just because Arteta plays someone, or praises them in public doesn't necessarily need to mean he rates them very highly. He needs to try to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal. It's not like he can magically make a new midfield appear. He simply has to work with what he has. No use bashing players Mourinho style. Better to build them us and get them to play better and then hopefully offload them to a decent prize in the summer.

Don't think Arteta cannot see Xhaka's many limitations and that he wouldn't like an upgrade. Having worked at City he will know a good midfielder when he sees one and that for sure isn't Herr Granit Xhaka...

Manberg

Predator
Nonsense. Xhaka’s played amongst the most minutes under Arteta and he is one of the first names on the team sheet. He never gets subbed.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If that is the case where would that leave Guendouzi though ? He can't even get a game . We seriously do need to look at getting in a top quality midfielder though . I don't think I saw a vertical pass from the two of them in 80 mins .

RacingPhoton

Established Member
If that is the case where would that leave Guendouzi though ? He can't even get a game . We seriously do need to look at getting in a top quality midfielder though . I don't think I saw a vertical pass from the two of them in 80 mins .
Gendouzi has shown signs of becoming better in few matches. I think he even gave couple of MoM performances this year. But he is still too raw and inconsistent. And he definitely does not fit well alongside Xhaka. Hence Arteta preferred Torreira until he got injured.

DasBootist

Lol wait for him to have a string of poor games before calling him ****, ffs. He was one of our best performers for a stretch and the haterz were strangely absent from his thread.

Must have been a tough period 4 u guyz

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Lol wait for him to have a string of poor games before calling him ****, ffs. He was one of our best performers for a stretch and the haterz were strangely absent from his thread.

There is a correlation between being a not particularly good player but yet getting game time and the number of posts in the player’s thread. It isn’t a coincidence that it's this and Özil’s thread that lead that count. You can call that “hate”. I would call it frustration with a seeing a player, year in and year out, in our kit just not being good enough.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Not really. For his fanboys, if he goes through a match without making any mistakes, it is a great performance or they even call him the best performer. A 6/7 out of 10 performance is his best performance which means there is absolutely nothing to talk about.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Yeah threads go quiet for a number of reasons. With this guy, it’s because it’s been said over and over again. Personally, I only feel the need to reiterate his ****ness once my patience reaches yet another tipping point. It’s hard to comment on mediocre and unremarkable performances week in week out. What happens is you only end up commenting on horrendous mistakes. There have been no great performances from this guy that I can even recall, because his ceiling is the height of a dwarves toilet.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I don’t know how he has fans, maybe it’s because he’s good looking? **** knows.

How can Arsenal fans go from Vieira, Petit, Gilberto, Cesc and even ****ing Cazorla and Wilshere to this guy...

Rather play Smith from the u23s.
Exactly. The only explanation is these fans were too young to really remember players like the 4 you listed.

roz

Fake News Merchant

He was OK for about 6 games.
Has reverted back to trash

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
I think it's just xhaka being the xhaka we all know and love - a good run of form followed by a dip. Let's try not to be too critical as we should all be used to it by now. I like that Arteta got him back on board mentally for the remainder of the season, so let's see what direction we move in come the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom