• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Without auba we would get relegated, thats not a joke when you look at his output and see how many goals we get from elsewhere in the team. Its not just vital we keep him its vital we bring in players who can score goals from other areas.
He’s leaving. I bet you annnny money we dont get relegated

GDeep™

League is very weak
If he’s a free agent next summer he’ll get a nice sign on fee, in the millions, as well as a decent wage for 2 years or so. That’s probably more lucrative then whatever wage we’re offering him now.

We have to be fair, he’s playing for the most dead Arsenal team in the last 30 years. Crap football, poor team mates, change of managers, poor lad had Emery for two years, no CL, now he’s facing an Arsenal who can’t spend money because of Coronavirus etc. There really is no upside to staying here, other than the love and affection of the fans. Even then, I’m not sure he’s as loved or rated as guys before him, at his peak Özil got more love I think.

He probably wants to move but many clubs are probably reluctant to invest in him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Madrid have given him until the 15th of June to make a decision apparently. He won't be part of the best forward line seen in Madrid and is unlikely to replace Cristiano's output but we'll know more in a few weeks.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We have to be fair, he’s playing for the most dead Arsenal team in the last 30 years. Crap football, poor team mates, change of managers, poor lad had Emery for two years, no CL, now he’s facing an Arsenal who can’t spend money because of Coronavirus etc.
Tbf, he was part of that crap football. Yes, his goal scoring record is great, but the guy can't complete a simple pass or dribble and we either push him to CF or sell next season.
I would sell him today and reinvest that money in a proper left forward. Yeah, we won't have a player who will score 20+, but we could fix our lack of creativity and create more chances so others will share the goalscoring burden.

Based on his first season, I think Martinelli could score a lot of goals if he plays CF every game, more than Laca and close to Auba. That won't happen unless Auba or Laca leave

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Tbf, he was part of that crap football. Yes, his goal scoring record is great, but the guy can't complete a simple pass or dribble and we either push him to CF or sell next season.
I would sell him today and reinvest that money in a proper left forward. Yeah, we won't have a player who will score 20+, but we could fix our lack of creativity and create more chances so others will share the goalscoring burden.

Based on his first season, I think Martinelli could score a lot of goals if he plays CF every game, more than Laca and close to Auba. That won't happen unless Auba or Laca leave
Lol

roz

Fake News Merchant

Completely agree.

OSBK

Established Member

Agree. He doesnt make the team better in his play. The top cf in the world all are team players elevate the team when they play. Ageruo, kane,vardy all score similar amounts but the effect they have on the game is massively different. I can think of some great auba goals but i struggle to name 1 great auba game.

Our game against leciester this season showed that. 1 striker fighting like a lion and driving his team forward. The other getting bullied by johnny evans.

There is a reason bayern,barca,real,utd,pool,city,juve,psg,milans all avoided this guy.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agree. He doesnt make the team better in his play. The top cf in the world all are team players elevate the team when they play. Ageruo, kane,vardy all score similar amounts but the effect they have on the game is massively different. I can think of some great auba goals but i struggle to name 1 great auba game.

Our game against leciester this season showed that. 1 striker fighting like a lion and driving his team forward. The other getting bullied by johnny evans.

There is a reason bayern,barca,real,utd,pool,city,juve,psg,milans all avoided this guy.
Milan and Utd will be lucky to have Auba.

Utd avoided Auba just to sign Lukaku.

And who's Milan's striker these days

Ask inter who they'd rather have, Auba or Lukaku?

Go to inter's forum and see the abuse and insult he suffers every match.

I'm not saying he's the best striker around. I'm only saying that his record speaks for itself. He's one of the best in the world. A lot of top teams will kill jsut to have a striker of his Calibre.

If we had Auba all those Giroud years, I believe we'd have won the PL title at least once

OSBK

Established Member
Milan and Utd will be lucky to have Auba.

Utd avoided Auba just to sign Lukaku.

And who's Milan's striker these days

Ask inter who they'd rather have, Auba or Lukaku?

Go to inter's forum and see the abuse and insult he suffers every match.

I'm not saying he's the best striker around. I'm only saying that his record speaks for itself. He's one of the best in the world. A lot of top teams will kill jsut to have a striker of his Calibre.

If we had Auba all those Giroud years, I believe we'd have won the PL title at least once

If utd wanted auba they wouldve got him. Forget what ever situation they are in, if they want a guy they get him. But they havent even sniffed, when rvp left they couldve got auba for peanuts but didnt. The milans are massive clubs, just because the league isnt the best doesnt mean they are not massive. Who cares what inter forums say, just see our forums on matchday and Özil can go from rubbish to world class to lazy in 30seconds. Just on inter milan, go through the team and its full of quality. But my point is none of these teams have even sniffed around him all these years.

I would take lukaku, he has a great premier league record and a all round better player than auba. You can slate his first touch all you want but watch auba for a game and he isnt exactly messi.

I agree completely with auba instead of giroud. But what i will say is the team in 2012-2013 was a different animal to the shambles we have now. The team we have now cant carry Özil, xhaka,laca,auba,mustafi. The team in 2012-2013 was missing just a elite goal poacher, we had a solid enough back 4, a brilliant midfield but lacked some to tap it in. That season we finished 17 points behind utd, 10 draws but a auba at that period and im sure we win that league.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

If utd wanted auba they wouldve got him. Forget what ever situation they are in, if they want a guy they get him. But they havent even sniffed, when rvp left they couldve got auba for peanuts but didnt. The milans are massive clubs, just because the league isnt the best doesnt mean they are not massive. Who cares what inter forums say, just see our forums on matchday and Özil can go from rubbish to world class to lazy in 30seconds. Just on inter milan, go through the team and its full of quality. But my point is none of these teams have even sniffed around him all these years.

I would take lukaku, he has a great premier league record and a all round better player than auba. You can slate his first touch all you want but watch auba for a game and he isnt exactly messi.

I agree completely with auba instead of giroud. But what i will say is the team in 2012-2013 was a different animal to the shambles we have now. The team we have now cant carry Özil, xhaka,laca,auba,mustafi. The team in 2012-2013 was missing just a elite goal poacher, we had a solid enough back 4, a brilliant midfield but lacked some to tap it in. That season we finished 17 points behind utd, 10 draws but a auba at that period and im sure we win that league.
Most people would rate Auba over Lukaku.

He's the better player IMO.
AC Milan is a nothing team. Historically, they're w big team, but that's where it ends. Most players will prefer to play for current Arsenal than current AC Milan.

AC Milan will bite your hand off for a striker like Auba. A club like AC Milan is not in a position to be choosy about buying Auba or not

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I agree this team cannot carry Auba currently. Despite our midfield being ****e, Auba is still scoring. The problem with our team is not Auba. Infact he's the least of our problem. If we had a solid midfield, we wouldn't see his weakness as much.

Bring a Lewandowski into this current team, I doubt we'd have been better off. There's just too many things wrong with this team to point the finger at Auba. He's done as well as World class striker would have done IMO.

Bring Aguero here, he'll probably be worse off

roz

Fake News Merchant
I agree this team cannot carry Auba currently. Despite our midfield being ****e, Auba is still scoring. The problem with our team is not Auba. Infact he's the least of our problem. If we had a solid midfield, we wouldn't see his weakness as much.

Bring a Lewandowski into this current team, I doubt we'd have been better off. There's just too many things wrong with this team to point the finger at Auba. He's done as well as World class striker would have done IMO.

Bring Aguero here, he'll probably be worse off
Cmon man, Lewandowski is debatably the best striker in the world and up there with the greats. Of course we’d be better off with him over Aubameyang.

personally I think Lukaku would be incredibly well suited for us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sometimes it feels we have so many weaknesses, that we begin to be overly critical with even guys who pull their weight, like Auba.

Imagine Auba alongside top players? We’ll be devastating.

Other than Auba and the young kids, I’m struggling to see guys representing the Arsenal I grew up watching.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Who are the top strikers now anyway? I’m struggling to make a list, 15-20 years ago you could EASILY name 20 very good strikers in Europe, maybe 30. Every good team in Europe’s top leagues had 2 good strikers back in the day.

I used to go to Villa Park and watch Collymore as a kid ffs, as talented if not more than Auba. Collymore better I think actually.

Last edited:

roz

Fake News Merchant
Who are the top strikers now anyway? I’m struggling to make a list, 15-20 years ago you could EASILY name 20 very good strikers in Europe, maybe 30. Every good team in Europe’s top leagues had 2 good strikers back in the day.

I used to go to Villa Park and watch Collymore as a kid ffs, as talented if not more than Auba.
Feels that way for most positions at the moment. Definitely a decline in World Class talent.

There is only one “must have” player in the next 10 years in Mbappe

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I used to go to Villa Park and watch Collymore as a kid ffs, as talented if not more than Auba. Collymore better I think actually.
It's not just the CF position. There's a dearth in quality in most position.

I think it coincided with the influx of so much money in to football.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Cmon man, Lewandowski is debatably the best striker in the world and up there with the greats. Of course we’d be better off with him over Aubameyang.

personally I think Lukaku would be incredibly well suited for us.
I'm only saying having Lewa this season won't have made any tangible difference to our point tally because therest of the team is ****e aside the kids. How many quality striker can come into this team and score the same amount of goals as Auba? Very few, I'd say.

Auba is playing for the worst arsenal team I've ever seen since I've started supporting the club. Man is putting out world class numbers and yet some still rate him Below Lukaku.

Ask any random football fans who they'd rather have in their team, Auba or Lukaku? I think we both know the answer to that question

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom