• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We all believe the rumours the club have stopped discussions over an extension? Similar happened with Ramsey, no?

Wonder if it’s some sort of policy in place they are following or just related to the financial tightening linked to the virus.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I’d guess financial tightening judging by the noises coming out of Arsenal.

Improving the team has seemed to have taken a back seat for now which is deflating.

Corbulo

Losing him is not such a great blow that we would struggle to recover from. Considering the level of players we've lost in the past without experiencing an immediate sharp decline. As good as this Gabonese boy is, let's be honest, he's not half the player Henry was, and we managed a title challenge right after he left us. Invest in an oldish striker as back up and let Martinelli and Nketiah take over. We’ll be just fine.

Emiliano Buendía Stati would probably be better than any big name we've been linked to that I can think of to be fair. We need to be smart in the market, which we haven't been lately.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
If he was in his mid-20s with years of football left in him I'd be gutted, but he'll be nearly 32 at the end of his contract and we'd need to think about replacing him in the next season or 2 anyway.

Get as much for him as we can and rebuild.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Losing him is not such a great blow that we would struggle to recover from. Considering the level of players we've lost in the past without experiencing an immediate sharp decline. As good as this Gabonese boy is, let's be honest, he's not half the player Henry was, and we managed a title challenge right after he left us. Invest in an oldish striker as back up and let Martinelli and Nketiah take over. We’ll be just fine.

Emiliano Buendía Stati would probably be better than any big name we've been linked to that I can think of to be fair. We need to be smart in the market, which we haven't been lately.
Losing him be a big blow, but not one we can't recover from.

If we're to renew his contract, it has be at least 200kpw. We don't want another Özil situation when in a year he declines, we'll be struggling to shift him.

If he doesn't want to renew, then the club should start planning for life after Auba. There are plenty of talented young forward we can look at

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

It’s a tough one.

I think in the interest of all parties we just sell him in the next window and just wing it like we usually do.

On the other hand we aren’t going to do a lot with the money we’d get for him. Either sign some vanilla striker or sit on the 30 mil we’d prob get with him. Our scouts are dodgy and it’s well documented there isn’t a load of cash. A couple of the strikers we’ve been linked with are real jobbers too.

I think too much gets made of his age, he’s been professional and the stuff he’s best at you can’t really coach or teach that’s just him.
I’m happy to have the terms stay as they are and see him walk on a free myself.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I’m happy to have the terms stay as they are and see him walk on a free myself.
I'm tempted to go with this thinking too.
If we can get another good season out of him I'll be good. I do think he wants to stay. He seems like the Özil-type. He probably wants a place where he can feel comfortable and live a glamorous lifestyle. I just hope we don't give him similar deal to Özil though.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Fantastic player, but he'll be 32 when his contract expires – not totally opposed to putting him up for sale this summer or even letting him play it out.

If he'll accept lucrative short-term extension (to '22 or '23), fine, but really hoping it's not us holding the 300k/wk bag in ~3 years' time.

Moah

Nice one Thierry lad :lol:
I love Thierry Henry and he's one of the few reasons I support this club, but I never liked how he expresses himself in the media.

I believe he didn't mean to be a pessimist but he should have just skipped the issue rather than making it open for different interpretations.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Thierry got the recent public enemy and puma collab on. Nice.
*nods in approval*

but yeah what he said was absolutely correct though, pretty much carbon copy scenario as his minus the history and legend status. I respect him for not chatting sh*t he kept it real.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Love how "honest" all our legends are :lol:

Also I hate thick beards in general, but people with no hair especially look even more bald with a beard like that...only people who look like ****ing Vikings can pull off giant beards like that.

Come on Thierry, you're mister Va Va Voom ffs...you're looking like a "Guess Who" character in that vid, get your style back!

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Lol he’s got plenty of style did you not see the new exclusive collab he’s got on?
Think I lost a raffle to buy some of that gear (I’m a collector), he prob got it free.

Vibra

Established Member
Remember when we didn't sell Alexis to Man City for 50 million? I like Auba but once his pace goes it won't be pretty. If he signs a new contract I suspect we'll have another player past his prime on a mega contract

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Remember when we didn't sell Alexis to Man City for 50 million? I like Auba but once his pace goes it won't be pretty. If he signs a new contract I suspect we'll have another player past his prime on a mega contract
I got crucified on here in '17 for daring to suggest that the incremental odds of CL qualification that Alexis provided (even if we called it a bump from a 0% chance without to a 50% with) were worth far less than City's bid. Hope all the armchair economists are big Mkhi fans!

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/alexis-sanchez-out.29914/page-267#post-4381140

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I think it all boils down to what Auba is looking for. If he is interested in a short term contract without insanely high wages, it would be a shrewd decision to keep him and look for or develop a new frontline striker in the meanwhile. But I don't think that's what Auba wants. He will try to maximise the money during the limited number of years he has left. In that case, it would be fine to sell him and invest on a young striker.

OSBK

Established Member
Without auba we would get relegated, thats not a joke when you look at his output and see how many goals we get from elsewhere in the team. Its not just vital we keep him its vital we bring in players who can score goals from other areas.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

The reason Arsenal fans are apprehensive of Auba leaving is because of Lacazette.

I'm not sure I'll warm up to the idea of Laca leading the line for us next season.

I believe he'll stay with little increase in wage if we're able to convince him of our ambition. But alas, that's unlikely to happen.

So we need to sell for anything above 30m. Reinvest in the midfield and let Nketiah and Marty + another cheap experienced striker fight for the CF spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom