• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Just because this bloke is nearly 30 & probably his last big contract doesn't mean we shouldn't sign him. We can't keep relying on so many young kids signing for the future, some might click in the future but not all of them will click together first thing just like that.

We need blokes like Coutinho & Partey to start things & to get us firing again. Coutinho will also help give our young players tips & help them with their weaknesses, in other words, be like a 2nd coach behind Arteta, Ljungberg & Mertesacker etc. Even if it's just a years loan I'll take him. Coutinho has done good things with Liverpool, he's proven in the PL aswell.

We need to start major signings from somewhere again & he is probably one of the right players along with Partey.

Agree with everything here, but ffs he's not nearly 30. He's still 27, same as Salah. Same age as me. I'm not nearly 30 ffs, don't take my youth away from me. I don't want to die. I know what a tiktok is. Leave me alone!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Agree with everything here, but ffs he's not nearly 30. He's still 27, same as Salah. Same age as me. I'm not nearly 30 ffs, don't take my youth away from me. I don't want to die. I know what a tiktok is. Leave me alone!

That's not how it works innit? You're much closer to 30 than 25. Do you even know how fractions work?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Other posts seemed to have said he's nearly 30 hence why I said it aswell. Ironically that is my age aswell, I don't want to die either :lol::lol:.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I totally agree with being in a place where we get the most out of a “luxury” signing. I was kind of sloppy in how i put things. In saying I don’t see how a loan affects other incomings, I’m mostly talking about a new cb. I see Partey or someone in his mold as an absolute priority. Ideally we’d get two new CM’s, but I think Partey together with Xhaka or Torreira would give us enough to address other areas.

Regarding ball playing and build up play, I don’t think you’d improve on Luiz with someone like Gabriel, or even Aké. Defensively, yes, and maybe overall as well, but not in terms of build up.

Getting someone like Coutinho, to me, is providing the more balanced attack you’re talking about, as opposed to play say Auba and Laca together. He’s a different profile to what we have in our team (imo) and adds a threat from outside the box, which I think gives us more options and flexibility in creating chances.

Don’t really see him and Özil together, unless against a team that defends really deep that we need to unlock. I’d like to see Coutinho as CAM in a 4-2-3-1 with Saka and Pepe wide; or as LW in a 4-3-3 (which could hopefully provide more steel and resilience in midfield)
Yh I agree with 99% of that bro. As long as we prioritise other areas first I’ll aboard of a loan deal for Coutinho. I say this because we have a history of having the wrong priorities in the transfer market haha

But saying all this, Coutinho certainly wouldn’t be cheap. Even on loan. So Arteta needs to be sure of him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The idea that Grealish would be a better signing than Coutinho is laughable. I bet some of the fans who are against spending on Coutinho would jump at a 50m plus move for Grealish. It's bewildering.

Coutinho is in a different league.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You guys easily forget how Coutinho outplayed us everytime we face him with Liverpool. As i said as loan signing it won't hurt in current market we won't buying him because he is on huge contract with barca.

GDeep™

League is very weak

He’s 28 in a few weeks. That is ‘older’ in football terms, that’s not a debate. He’s in the last chapter of his career. For a club like Arsenal to invest 40-60m in transfer fees and match his current wage if 250k a week is questionable.

I asked yesterday, il ask again, has he had more than 1-2 top seasons? Very clearly no.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He’s 28 in a few weeks. That is ‘older’ in football terms, that’s not a debate. He’s in the last chapter of his career. For a club like Arsenal to invest 40-60m in transfer fees and match his current wage if 250k a week is questionable.

I asked yesterday, il ask again, has he had more than 1-2 top seasons? Very clearly no.
Who here is talking about signing Coutinho permanently? You’re creating narratives in your head like Mourinho :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We can't sign Coutinho permanently he on 300k plus even if his agent Kia it won't be happening unless we manage to sell Özil and i don't think we will

GDeep™

League is very weak
Still though, Coutinho is a bum.

You also wonder if it’s business sense to keep paying for these loans. Mari, Soares, Coutinho etc is pushing 20m in loan fees, without wages.

With wages you’re looking 30M. You can sign a player with that.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

If by top season, you mean him having KDB numbers? No he hasn't had that kind of season.

But countinho has been class Liverpool. He was regarded as one of the best players in the EPL during his time at pool.

I don't get where this myth comes from that he's a only had 1 top season. He performed for Liverpool in most games.

I'm not advocating for us to buy him or anything but at least, it's worth considering that he's still a top player with at least 2 top level season left in him.

Some people on here were wanking about Fraiser, but all of a sudden we get linked with Countinho, the agenda is "He's closer to 30". I'm the same age as countinho. It makes me seem like an old geezer ffs :lol:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

You also wonder if it’s business sense to keep paying for these loans. Mari, Soares, Coutinho etc is pushing 20m in loan fees, without wages.

We have cash reserves we cant spend due to the stadium loan terms. We should have invested 5 years ago, we are in limbo atm.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Countinho is not a bum. :lol:
He was Liverpool's best player before the arrival of Salah. I guess that makes every Liverpool player a bum?

I understand the reluctance to make this deal.

Some people might be scared that we're taking on a Barca reject, but it's just for a season. A loan deal makes a ton of sense IMO

GDeep™

League is very weak
If by top season, you mean him having KDB numbers? No he hasn't had that kind of season.

But countinho has been class Liverpool. He was regarded as one of the best players in the EPL during his time at pool.

I don't get where this myth comes from that he's a only had 1 top season. He performed for Liverpool in most games.

I'm not advocating for us to buy him or anything but at least, it's worth considering that he's still a top player with at least 2 top level season left in him.

Some people on here were wanking about Fraiser, but all of a sudden we get linked with Countinho, the agenda is "He's closer to 30". I'm the same age as countinho. It makes me seem like an old geezer ffs :lol:
Coutinho had 1.5 top seasons at Liverpool, before that even AM used to mock him, he was nothing special. I don’t need you to write 5 paragraphs to argue against something which is common knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom