• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 121,400
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I probably don’t know what I’m talking about but weren’t most people happy-ish with Luiz overall under arteta before Brighton? Obviously we’d all prefer an upgrade but I don’t think it’s the worst thing in the world. It’s only one year.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I probably don’t know what I’m talking about but weren’t most people happy-ish with Luiz overall under arteta before Brighton? Obviously we’d all prefer an upgrade but I don’t think it’s the worst thing in the world. It’s only one year.
Getting rid of Luiz would be a sign of moving forward from that stupid business model (implemented by Wenger and Gazidis).
For a club in such a desperate financial position, throwing 6m away feels like a really dumb thing to do, and we all know that we don't have only one "Luiz" in our squad

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can we play luiz in midfield from now on at least he won't cost us penalties and red cards

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Getting rid of Luiz would be a sign of moving forward from that stupid business model (implemented by Wenger and Gazidis).
For a club in such a desperate financial position, throwing 6m away feels like a really dumb thing to do, and we all know that we don't have only one "Luiz" in our squad
I understand but the logic behind 1 year for Luiz makes far more sense than 4 year deals for Mari & Soares. Those will hinder our squad development far far more if they’re ****, We have to pick our battles with this club because everything is ****

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I understand but the logic behind 1 year for Luiz makes far more sense than 4 year deals for Mari & Soares. Those will hinder our squad development far far more if they’re ****, We have to pick our battles with this club because everything is ****
None of this makes sense. Ideally, I would reduce the wage bill by getting rid of Luiz, Mustafi and maybe Kola, would sign Mari only if we get rid of Sokratis.
CB's for next season: Saliba, Holding, Chambers, Mari with Tierney as an emergency back up.
That's a reduced squad cost and a solid investment for the future without any major changes in the league table position, with the realistic chance of improvement over the next year or two.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
1 year, i'm happy with it tbh. We won't be in Europe, so 1 game a week can only be good for him.

On the whole, he's been good for us, but people will always remember them bad moments/games.

Hopefully our team will be more settled next season and that can only help.

I think he'll be a good player to have around for Salibas first year. For me, him and Xhaka are the two leaders in this team.

His passing from the back is a joy and has saved us many times when out midfield goes missing.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Fair to say that a lot of fans were happy with Luiz pre City, but this isn’t the type of renewal you make when you need a reset.

Questionable what the plan is for the defence is next season then as we now have:
Saliva, Mustafi, Holding, Chambers, Mari, Sokratis and Luiz.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Can't really believe this. He earns way too much to just be a backup. His agent absolutely has Raul in his pocket, **** sake.

Standard Arsenal, the joke of football.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Can't really believe this. He earns way too much to just be a backup. His agent absolutely has Raul in his pocket, **** sake.

Standard Arsenal, the joke of football.

What's your issue with it? We lose him, we'd have to spend big to replace him, in a season where we won't be in Europe, in a season where finances are hit due to Covid.

For me, it makes sense to keep him for another year and use funds elsewhere.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I think people are underestimating his contract renewal. It has been said on many occasions that his attitude on and off the pitch is 'exceptional'. He's clearly highly influential in the dressing room and it has been said many times that alot of players look up to him. He is a winner and will hopefully help and advise the younger defenders we have. His role will be similar to what Mertesacker's role was in his final year. Yes, we do need a new centre back but in case some of you haven't noticed, the world is currently going through a crisis right now and football is no exception this. Our finances will have been badly affected so it makes sense to try and utilise the market wisely as there will NOT be as much money floating around as there was previously.

I think people are underestimating his contract renewal. It has been said on many occasions that his attitude on and off the pitch is 'exceptional'. He's clearly highly influential in the dressing room and it has been said many times that alot of players look up to him. He is a winner and will hopefully help and advise the younger defenders we have. His role will be similar to what Mertesacker's role was in his final year. Yes, we do need a new centre back but in case some of you haven't noticed, the world is currently going through a crisis right now and football is no exception this. Our finances will have been badly affected so it makes sense to try and utilise the market wisely as there will NOT be as much money floating around as there was previously.

@GDeep™

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s been poor nearly every game this season. That’s the core of it.

Own goals and sending offs in nearly all our big games. Guy is a car crash player.

Nobody is saying sign a new player either, just play Holding.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He’s been poor nearly every game this season. That’s the core of it.

Own goals and sending offs in nearly all our big games. Guy is a car crash player.

Nobody is saying sign a new player either, just play Holding.

Holding hasn't been much better to be fair. He was also coming back from a long term injury so it would naturally take a while for him to hit the form he had last season before his injury.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nothing to talk about or debate, we’ll watch him in games make mistakes, switch off, and get ripped to shreds.

How long we going to sell this exceptional character narrative? Never heard this when he was at Chelsea or PSG.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Holding hasn't been much better to be fair. He was also coming back from a long term injury so it would naturally take a while for him to hit the form he had last season before his injury.
Holding was good before his injury, as was Chambers, though at RB I think.

Both would be ready to go next season, play them. Nobody is asking for an expensive replacement for Luiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom