• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"Forget about trying to find someone who can do what Aubameyang does. That’s impossible, because it costs way too much. Instead, you’re looking at potential, something to nurture over the next few years"

This is literally what Arteta has been brought in to do Alan...our main aim is the future, not the present.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Auba can still be a very good even in his mid thirties. His game is not reliant on pace despite what most fans would have you believe but on exception movement in and around the box. Physically he's in great shape. He's blessed with a great body. I'll liken him to Ronaldo TBH (I'm not saying he's on Ronaldo's level :lol:). They both have similarities to their game. Ronaldo starts his movement on the left same as Auba.

But I'll understand if the club doesn't renew.

Renewing or not, both decisions have its pros and cons

I have thought this, if we can get Edouard in, the front three would be similar in style (NOT QUALITY before anyone jumps on this) to Bale Benzema Ronaldo.

Hypothetically, Auba starts on the left but basically his job would to be get in the box and score goals. Edouard could drop deep and link play like Benzema, and Nico would provide the 1v1 threat Bale did.

But when we return to reality, I think Auba's effectiveness on the left is linked to the teams ability to sustain attacks, which since Emery we have been terrible at doing. If the team can improve in this aspect, I'd actually prefer Auba on the left as it greatly increase the teams goal threat. It would also help him be more productive when he does start to physically decline.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Would be really good news if we can keep Aubameyang for another year. I think one year would really help stabilize our rebuild. Give him a significant payraise (from 200k to 250k or something) and a one-year extension + a soft release clause if necessary to convince him to stay.

Not sure yet where I would post him next year, though. He's been very clinical from LW during his tenure here, but I think he can reproduce it in the center as well. My one concern with him playing LW for another season is that we would have very narrow wingers who are both goalscoring but not so much creating types. Pepe is essentially our next star attacker and he should also play close to goal. Signing an LW who's more creative might make more sense in that regard than signing a striker.

On the other hand, signing a striker that can play more in the false 9 role like Firmino at Liverpool or Depay for the Netherlands that can provide assists and space for our goalscoring wingers could work very well. I don't know if Edouard can play that role. He seems like quite a complete package, combining great physical attributes with technical ability. More or less same age as Nketiah, though. Perhaps signing a 25-27 year old striker makes more sense. Only one I can think of is the aforementioned Depay. Matheus Cunha seems like another talent in that mold.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't believe James he not reliable. But That's only 50k increase from his current contract we can easily give him that specially after canceling Mkhi 180k contract

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

250k isn’t terrible but paying him that when he’s 35 could be tough.

Very small number of top strikers who play like him who are still productive at that age.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Very small number of top strikers who play like him who are still productive at that age.
Let's hope he's part of that group. He doesn't show any signs of slowing down. Even if he's just hanging about the goal like an Inzaghi it'd still be worth it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

I’m optimistic. He’s no slower now than he was at 25. The likes of himself, Lewandowski, Aguero, Cavani and Vardy are still at the top of their games and Auba is the youngest of that bunch.

Even if he loses a yard, his movement and finishing will remain in tact. He could alter his game a bit if need be. I hope the news is true and we get him signed. Getting him and Saka signed up would give the club a HUGE boost.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I don't think you can find striker like him that's give you 25 goals at least a season and he not an injury prone. Would be huge for us because we won't be thinking about signing replacement and will focus on getting 2 midfielders and center back

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
This sounds too good to be true. Club won't be hassling on a increase of 50k p/w over a 3 year stretch considering the numbers he is putting up unless Arteta has doubts over Auba.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think it's a tougher decision than people make out, I know they're very different people but in the build up to Ozils contract he was playing out his skin, then he literally went to sh*t once it was all signed.

That being said, Auba will be able to get 20+ for at least the next two seasons I think so imo it's a risk worth taking.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I think it's a tougher decision than people make out, I know they're very different people but in the build up to Ozils contract he was playing out his skin, then he literally went to sh*t once it was all signed.

That being said, Auba will be able to get 20+ for at least the next two seasons I think so imo it's a risk worth taking.
Özil was underperforming before signing new contract but it just got worse after that

GunnerShy

O don't want to ignite the age old Arsenal debate about age but.
If he signed a 3 year deal he'd be
31,32,33 for the seasons he is under contract.

With the market the way it is it feels the best option. Shift Lacazette. Two midfielders in and possibly a good young striker if they're about.

Otherwise it's Nketiah and Martinelli up front with Auba playing CF as required.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Auba has consistently performed throughout his time here which can't be said for Özil. I wouldn't let the Özil contract hold too much weight in this decision, especially if we manage to offload him this summer. Auba has shown no signs of slowing down, I think it's reasonable to assume he'll continue playing as he is.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I hope he stays but I rather he didn’t if Arteta is going to insist on playing him on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom