• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

He won't play much next season and when he has gone, most fans wont give a sh1t!! Has he tweeted yet by the way?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Only thing clockwork in here is you and your gang of cronies having your daily Özil cry.
Not daily mate if the thread gets bumped il comment, it is a forum after all. You seem to blame the club for the problematic players, why is that?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He won't play much next season and when he has gone, most fans wont give a sh1t!! Has he tweeted yet by the way?
He only posts on his social media when we lose now :lol: Thats the state of things... He obviously prefers that environment because he thinks it makes him more relevant. Even his fans have turned on him. It’s all negative stuff now on his Twitter.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

He only posts on his social media when we lose now :lol: Thats the state of things... He obviously prefers that environment because he thinks it makes him more relevant. Even his fans on social media have turned on him. It’s all negative stuff now.
Good he might get the message then!!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not daily mate if the thread gets bumped il comment, it is a forum after all. You seem to blame the club for the problematic players, why is that?
Guendouzi is a kid who should be controlled by the dressing room. Kids don’t mouth off if there are leaders running the team, like Dixon said.

On Özil though, the manager says Özil has had no behaviour or discipline issues, this is purely a football matter. These are the managers words.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It’s like, we all think he’s done here, and we all think he needs to go... Some are saying it and others are preferring to seethe about those saying what they agree with... o_O

You’ve just described a gutless thief. Who else has that excuse? This is exactly what pisses people off in this thread. Can’t blame him? ****ing hell...:facepalm:

You can get pissed all you want. It doesn’t change the fact that the current team has zero footballing intelligence between them. Poor vision and poor passing ability.

Playing in such a team for a player of Özil’s ability must be draining to say the least.

Im not going to get into the politics being played behind the scenes. I don’t like to speculate, but the team as a whole shares the blame for the drop in performance we are seeing from Özil.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He was poor in Wenger’s last two years too. How many times did we hear about Özil having a “illness”?
Think the last two Wenger seasons he played 75-80 games and hit 35 or so goals and assists, that’s nearly 1 every other game.

That’s a huge amount of games played and ab excellent return.

In his last season with Wenger he also went quickest to 50 assists in the PL.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
You can get pissed all you want. It doesn’t change the fact that the current team has zero footballing intelligence between them. Poor vision and poor passing ability.

Playing in such a team for a player of Özil’s ability must be draining to say the least.

Im not going to get into the politics being played behind the scenes. I don’t like to speculate, but the team as a whole shares the blame for the drop in performance we are seeing from Özil.

Come on now, blaming the team is a bit of a stretch. We have gotten worse, but he has as well.

Though discussing his performances is pretty redundant at the moment as long as he's not even playing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Or Coquelin.. Don't forget Theo either.

Remember when he cried because people were criticising Walcott too much, and proceeded to leave the forum with the message "I'll miss a few posters", only to come back a couple of weeks later or so. :rofl:
This one made me laugh out loud. Gotta love man like @Jury :lol:

He’s like the uncle that you miss because you remember him being funny at family gatherings but then he comes to visit for a few days and you realise that he’s annoying and you could probably take him in a fight, so you almost choke him out because he tried to talk to you like you was some little kid and your mum has to break it up.

You eventually kind of mend the relationship, even have the odd laugh here and there but the tension will always be there because he knows you made a fool out of him.

Last edited:

blaze_of_glory

Decline started when that car crash of a manager, Bumnai was appointed. That’s not up for debate.
100%, but also hard to argue that what's happening now isn't on Özil. He seemed back and playing well after Arteta came in but now something has happened again and it's the same story all over. I think he's stopped caring at this point tbh, but luckily we're for the first time showing we can actually be dangerous without him so hopefully we can move him on.

People in here trying to rewrite the past as if he wasn't excellent for us for five seasons though, shameful stuff.

Manberg

Predator
Think the last two Wenger seasons he played 75-80 games and hit 35 or so goals and assists, that’s nearly 1 every other game.

That’s a huge amount of games played and ab excellent return.

In his last season with Wenger he also went quickest to 50 assists in the PL.

12 goals and 17 assists in 59 league games. That’s not special, especially considering he goes totally missing in the big games.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Already posted, but so much ignorance in this forum, I'm reposting.

Article I wrote about Özil & Germany in the wake of the world cup: http://dailycannon.com/2018/07/mesut-Özil-2/

Some of it is quite shocking. He totally was the scapegoat, and a lot of it was clearly racially motivated, though he didn't always help himself.

Sadly it appears this part of my conclusion came to pass:
"The fear is that he could continue to find the situation distracting or that it impacts on his longer-term career motivation"

Since then, there's been a lot more phoning it in.

Whoever said he was they same player 5 years ago is talking rubbish, as 5 years ago he was the best creator in the division, with the 2nd best EPL assists total ever, and it was only the complete failure of the forward players to convert the chances he was creating in the second half of the season that stopped him smashing the record. Same bullshit with Germany, where all the Bayern old boys and racist pricks were slagging him off saying he'd been pony for years, despite being one their best players in the 2 years before 2018, and despite producing at an Elite level 2015-2017.

I can't help wondering if there is another story here, because Wenger, Low, Arteta and even Emery have been reluctant to slag him off even when he's missing 15 games or more a season.

Yes there's the back injury that's been affecting him since 17/18, but I wonder if there is another issue that has kept rendering him simultaneously unavailable but protected by his coaches.

Of course, now, its best for all concerned if he finds his way to Fenerbace in the summer, even if we have to pay off 1/2 his remaining contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom