• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah those sales would be good. But in any case is it good value for money to buy Partey in our present situation?

What if you just got Ceballos back on loan, and bought say Buendia and Benrahma for the same price as Partey would cost you. That's two young creative players from smaller sides. Isn't that the sort of thing we should be doing? Why spend 40-50m on a CL quality DM when creativity is your biggest problem.

We've needed a presence like Partey for a long time and if we are playing xhaka we need partey. Only other player in that realm is Ndidi and he's out of the question.

It massively improves us which is what we need.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We've needed a presence like Partey for a long time and if we are playing xhaka we need partey. Only other player in that realm is Ndidi and he's out of the question.

It massively improves us which is what we need.

How does it massively improve us? Like explain the mechanics of it. As far as I can tell it doesn't give us more creativity, but maybe i'm being dim.

Tom349

I'm not saying Partey is a bad player. He's clearly a very good player, i'm just asking whether he is the best use of our resources. I agree he's not a pure DM, he can do more than that. But he's not a creative player by any stretch of the imagination. We need creativity. Why on earth would you spend so much money on a player who doesn't give you the thing you're missing most of all.

How much of our creativity is stifled by the inability of our players to be able to press the opposition and recover when they successfully get past us? How much of our creativity is stifled by our midfielders not being able to by past their opponents in midfield and break a line through dribbling? I mean Xhaka can pass through the opposition but he isn't able to dribble past them, Cellabos can dribble past them but should he not succeed he is liable defensively given his recovery is poor. A big part of our lack of creativity is the fact we have to remain in shape and be more positionally disciplined because we struggle to recover when teams counter us.

Using your argument of 'outsmarting the market' we could get Partey and Willian for the same price as getting say Roca (23m release clause) and Benrahama/Bunedia (20-25m). Im a bigger fan of Willian on here than most but I would comfortably take him over those two and Partey over Roca is no contest.

mpower2540

I'm not saying Partey is a bad player. He's clearly a very good player, i'm just asking whether he is the best use of our resources. I agree he's not a pure DM, he can do more than that. But he's not a creative player by any stretch of the imagination. We need creativity. Why on earth would you spend so much money on a player who doesn't give you the thing you're missing most of all.
I think our lack of creativity comes from not being able to progress the ball up the pitch effectively. So we tend to just go down the wings. Partey, in my opinion, will allow us to do this better. Now yes you may well be right in that we’ll be committing a lot of our budget towards him when we probably need another creative in there (could even be Ceballos in current form). If there’s another player that can provide what Partey can for less money then I’d happily go for it. It’s just he’s performed at a very high level and has shown he can do it in high pressurised environments, plus I like the player so Im all onboard with it.

As I said I don’t know our financial situation so if we’ve got enough to afford only Partey then yes it would probably be ill advised but the reality is, from my perspective, we need players like Partey just as much as we need creatives right now

Goonger

Truthfully, if Partey is the only player we actually spend money on, I'd reluctantly accept that. I think Saliba coming in is a bit of an improvement on the defence, I think having someone like Partey protects the defence as well.

I would also prefer to gamble with someone like Mavro, than go with the status quo of Kolasniac or Mustafi. At least with those 2, we know they arent good enough, Mavro is still an unknown quantity in the main. 1 thing we do know is that he has good aerial presence, and we struggle with set pieces, yesterday being a good example. His aggressiveness and power could be a good match with Salibas composure long term. I just know we won't give him a chance though.

Creative wise we might need to pick up a loan or a free transfer, and give more minutes to the likes of ESR.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
How does it massively improve us? Like explain the mechanics of it. As far as I can tell it doesn't give us more creativity, but maybe i'm being dim.

With rumours of a limited budget due to Corona I also fail to understand how in the wake of a rather mid to longterm rebuild plan with a rookie coach spending the big bulk of cash on one player will massively improve the team when there's a lof of stuff to do.

I don't think Arsenal is at the point were either club or fans can expect one signing will transform the team. Didn't work with Pepe, and imo it won't work with Partey.

Nothing against Partey and he would probably be a decent signing and add some things missing to the midfield, but seeing Corona as a chance I'm of the opinion there are better options out there if you're clever, leaving more budget open to fix other issues.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The problem with Partey is he got release clause so we have to paid in one go and that mean 50M gone if we got limited budget it will affect us improving other areas unless we make sales of 50M or more that's why im expecting both Guendouzi and Laca are going to be sold this summer so we'll have extra funds to improve the team and maybe we'll get lucky and sell few others.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

He doesn't provide creativity directly but by shielding the defence better we can switch to a back 4, also by being able to deal with a strong or high press it allows use to beat the press and that should create a lot of space centrally. Beating the press is what Santi used to be amazing at and what we lost with him and Wilshere, Ceballos is okay at it, put Partey and Ceballos beside each other and suddenly it very hard for any team to press us without being hit on the counterattack.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
He doesn't provide creativity directly but by shielding the defence better we can switch to a back 4, also by being able to deal with a strong or high press it allows use to beat the press and that should create a lot of space centrally. Beating the press is what Santi used to be amazing at and what we lost with him and Wilshere, Ceballos is okay at it, put Partey and Ceballos beside each other and suddenly it very hard for any team to press us without being hit on the counterattack.

Yeah ok, I like the sound of that, all sounds great. But we still need a creative player, or even two, right? If we have enough money to buy Partey AND some creative players then sure, crack on, knock yourself out. I'm just not sure that's realistic and if I had to choose I'd pick the creative players over Partey.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Yeah ok, I like the sound of that, all sounds great. But we still need a creative player, or even two, right? If we have enough money to buy Partey AND some creative players then sure, crack on, knock yourself out. I'm just not sure that's realistic and if I had to choose I'd pick the creative players over Partey.

I get what you're saying but I think if we have any creative players they'll find themselves very isolated as the only creative outlet in the team. I think we might be a bit boring but we'd be better spending any hypothetical cash we have to bring Partey in because hes a known quantity and brings a lot of balance whereas as some other attacking player would be very much an unknown.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I get what you're saying but I think if we have any creative players they'll find themselves very isolated as the only creative outlet in the team. I think we might be a bit boring but we'd be better spending any hypothetical cash we have to bring Partey in because hes a known quantity and brings a lot of balance whereas as some other attacking player would be very much an unknown.

Sure, hey if the club can afford to get Partey, Ceballos and another guy then i'm all for it, i'm just in super gloom mode and don't think we have any money at all.

Buendia - Partey - Ceballos

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Sure, hey if the club can afford to get Partey, Ceballos and another guy then i'm all for it, i'm just in super gloom mode and don't think we have any money at all.

Buendia - Partey - Ceballos

Think we can get Ceballos on loan again, it would make quite a nice midfield. At least capable of beating the lower down teams, wonder would Norwich accept a loan deal :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom