• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So next season we have to decide between Leno and Emi too, Emi is clearly too good to sit on the bench

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

So next season we have to decide between Leno and Emi too, Emi is clearly too good to sit on the bench
One thing I really like about Emi is that he hangs on to the ball. The ball often sticks to his hands. Plus he is quite tall. He has two inches on Leno being 6'4". Overall I think he has been excellent since taking over from Leno.

In my view (and I have been a big Leno supporter) Leno should have to fight to get his spot back.

Great that we have two very capable goal keepers. A huge improvement from just a couple of seasons ago.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Only thing I find Leno better now is in 1v1s. Emi really doesn't handle them comfortably by making himself big instead going down soon like the Brighton winner and Sp**s equalizer though not blaming him for that. Leno has made some incredible 1v1 saves especially when our defense has ****ed up so many times.

But if our defense is going to be solid consistently like the city game and we will be facing lesser 1v1s then emi will be more suited to us than Leno.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I've got to be quite honest now, I'm more then happy with Emi & willing to keep him as our #1 even when Leno returns, I'll have no issues if Leno goes back in but for me he'll have to fight hard to get his spot back.

I like Emi's distribution a bit better & really like how he holds on to the balls a bit, also catches the crosses makes me a bit more reassured for the crosses & high balls, Leno prefers just to punch them away, I'd rather catch them. At the same time though, Leno is really good at the one on ones & saves a lot of those. Both have their weaknesses & strengths.

One thing is for sure though, if both stay we certainly don't need a keeper just yet, that has always been one of our strengths.

9jagooner

Whilst I believe Leno is better overall, I think Arteta will keep Emi - his distribution and how good he is with his feet. Leno is very poor at this (unless he improves). Didn't Pep go through 3 or 4 top class goalkeepers before settling for Edison just because they were not good with their feet?

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Didn't Pep go through 3 or 4 top class goalkeepers before settling for Edison just because they were not good with their feet?

Just Claudio Bravo I think, but that was more down to him just being a disaster in most areas of his game

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I've always had a soft spot for Emi and tbh I just want to see Argentina's number 1 play for Arsenal we know Leno ain't getting anywhere near Germany.
Emi right now:
EdP85MRWkAABFWB

GunnerShy

One thing I really like about Emi is that he hangs on to the ball. The ball often sticks to his hands. Plus he is quite tall. He has two inches on Leno being 6'4". Overall I think he has been excellent since taking over from Leno.

In my view (and I have been a big Leno supporter) Leno should have to fight to get his spot back.

Great that we have two very capable goal keepers. A huge improvement from just a couple of seasons ago.
Yeah, he catches nearly everything. It's rare he punches it, and when he does he punches it. He's the complete opposite of that midget Ospina who would acrobatically palm it to the edge of his six yard box for the opposition to neatly tap in. My god go was awful.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How much better is Martínez with the ball than Leno? If the first goal against City is our future then the spot will go to whoever is more comfortable with the ball.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If he can come close to Leno's shortstopping while maintaining the dominance of his area and distribution then it's a bit of a no brainer really.

We Arsenal fans tend not to have nice things though so I see a disastrous return to the norm at some point.:(

You don't just become this good overnight. His talent has been there. He showed it at Reading. It's about the right opportunity.

After that Liverpool game, we should have stuck with him because he is obviously the better keeper than Leno. Giving players a chance just one game here and there is not good, some need games to get going!

We would have been through in EL if we bet on Martinez instead of Leno.

Some people just seem to prefer blondes, even if they look always like they are going to wet themselves and are full of mistakes.

Shalmaneser V

I think fans are once again getting carried away. He’s done well so far. But a handful of games is not close to being enough to prove yourself at a club like Arsenal.

We’ve had so many false dawns the past decade. But people never learn.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Like I said, he's improved immensely this season but I can't agree that he's always been this good.

He has never been that good. The guy has basically spent his whole career chilling on the bench for a reason.

Yeah but now we got proper goal keeping coaches so you never know. Arsène was never a coach that had much respect for Goalies or CBs.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom