• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Weren’t Reading fans saying he is sensational? They were crazy about him.

This is not out of the blue totally.

According to their forum he’s their best keeper in club history :lol:

Even though he played there four months

OSBK

Established Member
It's crazy. At one point, Leno was our best player. Kept us in many games and on comes another goalkeeper who will most likely push Leno out of the starting XI.

Why did successive managers not rate Emi for God's sake.
My heart breaks for him. He's been here ten years and he's just getting his first proper chance now.

Think we should sell Leno.

Martinez is the better goalkeeper. He offers He's better t commanding the area, better at distribution and better aerially

Not all keepers peak early doors. Also we have to remember he hasnt made any mistakes or had a bad game which all top keepers do. How he bounces back from that will show how good he is.

Its way to early to say he is a better keeper, leno has been unreal for us in a period where we literally had no defence.

Taxi Driver

https://www.arsenal.com/news/emiliano-martinez-my-own-words

This was a pretty good interview with him at the beginning of this season..

The Reading loan really was the turning point for him, happy he got his chance to prove himself here now.

"When I play, I want to be the best and I want to play every game. I promised my dad I was going to make it and I will make it. It's what drives me through and has kept me at the top for so many years. I came from a poor background, my dad couldn't afford to buy me gloves when I was younger and sometimes we wouldn't have any meat because he didn't have enough money to buy dinner.

I said to him when I joined Independiente that I was going to make it and then Arsenal bought me. When I signed here, I said to him, 'I just want you to be happy and proud of me' and told myself that I would not leave this country until I was No 1. He's always there in my thoughts, at training or on matchdays. He calls me every day, he watches every game.

Even when I don't play, he'll watch every single game until the final minute just to see if I come on or not. I want to show him that it's all been worth it, that he can be proud of my journey. I don't know if I'm going to be the No 1 in two months or 10 years, but I will be
."

tenor.gif

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

According to their forum he’s their best keeper in club history :lol:

Even though he played there four months
As a fan of Atletico who always have top GK’s and also as a man of considerable lanky ness, who do you prefer?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Some of these saves for reading are crazy..he seems to have improved his rebound control this season too.

musoke

I prefer Martinez to Leno.
Martinez has the height, dominance, reflexes for a big guy, his ball distribution is just amazing.
To me he does everything that Leno can do but has much more extra aspects that Leno does not have.
Leno very good but Martinez is much better. I feel much more relaxed right now with him in goal.
Not to say that Leno is not good enough. He is absolutely good enough. But to me Martinez has the full package.
No panic stations in our penalty area as he rarely parries or flaps at crosses. I just love that dominance and confidence.

What a nice problem to have. Two top goalkeepers on our hands. :frustrated:Lol

Manberg

Predator
He’s been a breath of fresh air. Feels like a new signing. Since he’s stepped in he’s been tremendous in every game. Not just shot stopping, but his calmness in passing out the back too. Sublime.

Impact

Established Member
Should Emi continue this form till the end of the season, he has a strong case to be start next campaign. Arteta has preached that he will reward training and performances. Martinez has excelled in both.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It's crazy. At one point, Leno was our best player. Kept us in many games and on comes another goalkeeper who will most likely push Leno out of the starting XI.

Why did successive managers not rate Emi for God's sake.
My heart breaks for him. He's been here ten years and he's just getting his first proper chance now.

Think we should sell Leno.

Martinez is the better goalkeeper. He offers He's better t commanding the area, better at distribution and better aerially

In that article @krengon pasted he reckons Wenger kept saying to him “EMI you are the future of the club”

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Martinez has been great but I wouldnt dump Leno just yet, players can have hot runs of form, we've seen it with Flamini, Coquelin etc who then just return to their usual level.

Not saying Martinez is one of those but I wouldnt want us selling Leno and then finding out his form dips and we need to find another GK.

Massive plus for our new GK coach, speaks volumes of how bad we needed one, personally I never thought a GK coach would be that important when you're a top club with high potential GK's but I'm definitely wrong, shows how bad Peyton was and kind of disappointed in how we wasted Sczeszny and years of his potential.

GCH26

When Leno returns, Mikel well and truly has a selection headache on his hands.

If Emi Martinez continues this good form, how can you drop him, you just can’t.

He has taken his chance with aplomb, standout performances, after standout performances, if this continues, sorry Leno but Martinez should be Arsenal number one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom