• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I really doubted him (flashback to that reading game and this season's 5-5 vs liverpool where he was very bad) and he has genuinely surprised me so far game after game

Best thing about him is he is catching many shots which Leno (and many other top GK) will mostly parry and give an easy rebound goal or at least another corner. That Mahrez shot was another instance of that.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
So pleased for Emi. Bar that first mental league cup 7-5 I've always thought he'd shown promise, but no more than that. The step up, even from earlier games this season is extraordinary.

Even at Reading he wasn't this good. Biggest short term development I've ever seen in a keeper at the club in 32 years. If he keeps his form, Leno starts next season on the bench.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Bernd Leno is Arsenal's player of the season and this guy has played so well that we're seriously thinking whether Leno should still be number 1. It's a m*dness.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I would pick Martinez as number one if we could guarantee he could maintain this level of performance over the long term. Better than Leno at distributing the ball.

Its just off putting that this guy has been here for 10 years with a number of different coaches and noone has really rated him. David Ospina was rated ahead of him ffs.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Leno has made some top saves and kept us in games plenty to be fair.

Martinez’ height just feels better as a fan though, has that Van der Sar, Neuer, Alisson, Courtois build. Leno is more like a Lloris, Ederson, De Gea.
Exactly, Leno has actually made a similar save to the one Martinez made today. Ridiculous to suddenly think he's bad just because he's injured

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bernd Leno is Arsenal's player of the season and this guy has played so well that we're seriously thinking whether Leno should still be number 1. It's a m*dness.
It's crazy. At one point, Leno was our best player. Kept us in many games and on comes another goalkeeper who will most likely push Leno out of the starting XI.

Why did successive managers not rate Emi for God's sake.
My heart breaks for him. He's been here ten years and he's just getting his first proper chance now.

Think we should sell Leno.

Martinez is the better goalkeeper. He offers He's better t commanding the area, better at distribution and better aerially

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I always liked him. He didn't play a lot but I never thought he is a bad goalkeeper. He is being fantastic now. Having two brilliant goalkeepers is a great thing for a club. I dont know why people seem to want creating competition between him and Leno. They both can be played.

Last edited:

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Why did successive managers not rate Emi for God's sake.
I'm guessing for Wenger it's the same reason I was scared of him starting, that awful game against Reading where we conceded 5, and he was at fault for at least 2, if not 3.

This guy was poor initially but has really come into his own of late. Leno has got fair work in his hands to do to dislodge him from the 11.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The fact that both Leno and Martinez have been better than before this season suggests the new highly rated GK coach has had an affect on them. Maybe Martinez has just kicked on from an impressive loan? Maybe he’s just decided this chance was his make or break here?

I love that he’s been here so long, he’s a fan of the club and a really nice man, he deserves this moment.

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The fact that both Leno and Martinez have been better than before this season suggests the new highly rated GK has had an affect on them. Maybe Martinez has just kicked on from an impressive loan? Maybe he’s just decided this chance was his make or break here?

I love that he’s been here so long, he’s a fan of the club and a really nice man, he deserves this moment.

He's defo been **** in the past in games but it was probably a mental thing, maybe not believing in the manager or project or having to play in **** competitions. He knows he has his chance now and he's taking it. He may not be from London but Arsenal is his life and you got to want him to succeed. We need more 'proper Arsenal' players in the lineup.

By the way, it really goes to show how costly it was having Gerry Peyton for so long. Years of goalkeeping issues instantly gone when he gets binned. One of Wenger biggest mistakes imo.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's defo been **** in the past in games but it was probably a mental thing, maybe not believing in the manager or project or having to play in **** competitions. He knows he has his chance now and he's taking it. He may not be from London but Arsenal is his life and you got to want him to succeed. We need more 'proper Arsenal' players in the lineup.

By the way, it really goes to show how costly it was having Gerry Peyton for so long. Years of goalkeeping issues instantly gone when he gets binned. One of Wenger biggest mistakes imo.
Fabianski and Szczesny both basically said Peyton was awful. Szczesny went and become a very good GK for Roma and is now Buffon’s heir at Juventus. Fabianski has become a solid PL GK when most thought he’d flop.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's actually unbelievable what's happened here. When Leno got injured I just shook my head, the guy who'd been saving us all season, we were well and truly ****ed. No one can replicate his saves, or what he gives us in that department. Emi comes in and he's shown himself more than capable at producing match winning saves and he's very comfortable playing out from the back too. Thank **** we've kept this guy around and fair play to him for being so patient waiting for his chance. We could have easily moved this guy on at any stage. It's a real blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom