• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Tuesday July 21 | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Aston Villa win

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
This is how we've been preforming since the break against teams that allow us to have the ball and are combat defensively. It's why we struggled against Brighton, Sp**s and now Villa. It's always why we played decent against Wolves, Leicester, Liverpool and City. In Arteta's quest to sure up the defence we've become team that wants to sit back and defended and then break. We're lost when we're asked to dictate play.

It's honestly a serious worry. Even if for arguments sake we could consistently replicate those performances against Liverpool and City (we can't, lool not in a million years), game like that come along a handful of times a season. Our bread and butter is against team that sit back and defend, and if we play like we have since the season restarted then we're not going to be picking up many points.
We don't have to creativity or ability to create quality chances on a consistent basis against teams who'll relent possession. If you look at our squad, there is not a single creative player we can rely on to unlock a compact defense. It's going to be through set pieces, opposition errors, or scrappy goals.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I'm getting flashbacks to the end of last season.

Poor end to the league season

Cup final vs Chelsea to get into Europe.

God I pray we smash those chavs in the final.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Here in Mexico, we do that to people like you, guys who talks a lot of shiiiit but they poop his pants when being challenged in real life.

giphy.gif

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In all seriousness though it just ain't that deep, it doesn't materially change anything. FA Cup was the priority before the game, now even more so. League was dead a long time ago for us.

As for performance, well the players were knackered after City, so there's that. And we don't have any creativity, that's gonna be a problem when the opposition sits backs and gives you the ball.

We're a bit like sp*rs at the moment, we're better when we're sitting back than when we have to take the initiative.

Lower the finish in the league the better. Will hopefully push us to get rid of a lot of these players.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We need to poach another Cesc Fabregas from La Masia.

We’re seriously lacking a player like him in our midfield. I’d say what we’re spending on Thomas Partey would be better spent on someone like Thiago Alcântara.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'm getting flashbacks to the end of last season.

Poor end to the league season

Cup final vs Chelsea to get into Europe.

God I pray we smash those chavs in the final.

Rather we lose now than in the final.

Reality check.

MikeVinna

Established Member
In all seriousness though it just ain't that deep, it doesn't materially change anything. FA Cup was the priority before the game, now even more so. League was dead a long time ago for us.

As for performance, well the players were knackered after City, so there's that. And we don't have any creativity, that's gonna be a problem when the opposition sits backs and gives you the ball.

We're a bit like sp*rs at the moment, we're better when we're sitting back than when we have to take the initiative.

You’re right. This means **** all for our Premier League season. However it’s a pretty damning situation to have our manager think he can just play a bunch of strikers and not consider how we’re going to get the ball to them. He should have known how Villa would set up and he should have played more creative players. Hell, we all knew when we saw the line-up that this was going to happen.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We need to poach another Cesc Fabregas from La Masia.

We’re seriously lacking a player like him in our midfield. I’d say what we’re spending on Thomas Partey would be better spent on someone like Thiago Alcântara.
Would be nice to have a player like him. I would be happy with Ceballos and Thiago playing together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom