• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Tuesday July 21 | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Aston Villa win

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
More disappointed in the performance rather than the result. So uninspiring and highlights the flaws in the squad.

We have no one who can create something out of nothing. As great a goalscorer Auba is, he still needs service to be effective.
This is how we've been preforming since the break against teams that allow us to have the ball and are combat defensively. It's why we struggled against Brighton, Sp**s and now Villa. It's always why we played decent against Wolves, Leicester, Liverpool and City. In Arteta's quest to sure up the defence we've become team that wants to sit back and defended and then break. We're lost when we're asked to dictate play.

It's honestly a serious worry. Even if for arguments sake we could consistently replicate those performances against Liverpool and City (we can't, lool not in a million years), game like that come along a handful of times a season. Our bread and butter is against team that sit back and defend, and if we play like we have since the season restarted then we're not going to be picking up many points.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Pepe was just the reason why we scored two goals against City :D

But he needs space in front of him, somebody who is playing passes into dangerous areas.

we look so static in possession. we could point out every player today.
I wouldn't have it at arsenal, I prefer a player who can dribble, pass the ball and knows how to play in short spaces. We wasted a lot in him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Defence has obviously been poor but biggest problem all season is having absolutely no creativity in midfield

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Think people are a bit overreacting here.
Yes, it was a depressing performance, but most teams, including the top teams, won't have a pretty and easy match in 9/10 cases there.

Survival games are never easy and often not great on the eye. They sit back with all their men.

Wise up. Villa are brutal.

Shalmaneser V

Please look where both clubs are in the table :lol:

giphy.gif

roz

Fake News Merchant
This result has been coming lets be honest.

We were awful v Sp**s, incredibly lucky v Liverpool and ground out a win against a surprisingly tame City.

Throw in team rotation due to the amount of games as well as Watford getting thumped, Possibly giving Villa extra incentive and Its not much of a surprise really

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
In all seriousness though it just ain't that deep, it doesn't materially change anything. FA Cup was the priority before the game, now even more so. League was dead a long time ago for us.

As for performance, well the players were knackered after City, so there's that. And we don't have any creativity, that's gonna be a problem when the opposition sits backs and gives you the ball.

We're a bit like sp*rs at the moment, we're better when we're sitting back than when we have to take the initiative.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Our fans complain that the players think they can just turn up but our fans are the biggest offenders of it....
This season has been tragic bar Saturday. We’re 10th in the table, finishing with no more that 56 (!!!) points. How can our fans say we should be beating anyone with confidence :lol:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
If I wanted to snipe that shyster, I'd wait for him outside his house in Highgate--I wouldn't go to Birmingham ffs. I'd level him with a short elbow to the bridge of his nose too, no guns needed.
Here in Mexico, we do that to people like you, guys who talks a lot of shiiiit but they poop his pants when being challenged in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom