• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Thank God for Raul, guys like Pepe, Luiz, Ceballos and Tierney who he signed have managed to drag us to a cup final. If only we didn't have to rely on bums like we signed under the old regime we'd have a decent squad to rotate which could easily see us finish third.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Thank God for Raul, guys like Pepe, Luiz, Ceballos and Tierney who he signed have managed to drag us to a cup final. If only we didn't have to rely on bums like we signed under the old regime we'd have a decent squad to rotate which could easily see us finish third.

Probs sarcasm :lol:

But tbf the signings are our only real standout players.

Luiz our best defender, Pepe our only player capable of doing something out of nothing, Tierney nothing needs to be said and Ceballos our best player recently.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Probs sarcasm :lol:

But tbf the signings are our only real standout players.

Luiz our best defender, Pepe our only player capable of doing something out of nothing, Tierney nothing needs to be said and Ceballos our best player recently.

Not really, everyone on this forum knows how I feel about our window.

The Man City game told me loads I need to know. Under a coach with modern ideas, good communication this team is capable of very high performances and our summer signings were key to that, however the squad rotation is hideous and we don't have a good enough spine to compensate for that, such as Liverpool.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not really, everyone on this forum knows how I feel about our window.

The Man City game told me loads I need to know. Under a coach with modern ideas, good communication this team is capable of very high performances, however the squad rotation is hideous and we don't have a good enough spine to compensate for that, such as Liverpool.

Can never tell with you haha.

But yeah I posted yesterday saying we have a good group of core players in the squad. The starting quality just isn't good enough and ultimately we need 4 signings this summer not only to improve but to create quality depth.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Can never tell with you haha.

But yeah I posted yesterday saying we have a good group of core players in the squad. The starting quality just isn't good enough and ultimately we need 4 signings this summer not only to improve but to create quality depth.

I've done some thinking this morning and it's more having what I call 'non-questionable players'.

You look at Liverpool and City and there's maybe 5/6 from each team that you'd say yeah we don't need to replace them, look at ours and there's only 1 who I'd say atm is Tierney.

Liverpool can get away with rotation because they have a great core who if a few are missing the rest are good enough to keep everything together.

When we rotate it goes to sh*t because we don't have that quality in the first team.

I don't know if I've explained that well, but yeah.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Imo it's not even really about squad depth to an extent, I've done some thinking this morning and it's more having what I call 'non-questionable players'.

You look at Liverpool and City and there's maybe 5/6 from each team that you'd say yeah we don't need to replace them, look at ours and there's only 1 who I'd say atm is Tierney.

Liverpool can get away with rotation because they have a great core who if a few are missing the rest are good enough to keep everything together.

When we rotate it goes to sh*t because we don't have that quality in the first team.

I don't know if I've explained that well, but yeah.

I would say with Liverpool specifically they have 6 players who if you switched out for their depth it makes a significant difference. They can hold it together if one is out but if you have multiple out its a problem. They probably would have struggled through this period after lockdown if they hadn't won the title so early on.

With the whole non questionable players, they have to be players who are absolutely consistent no matter what, their form doesn't flip flop massively etc. For me in our squad those players are Tierney, Leno when fit, Auba and at the moment Ceballos. So we have four.

In comparison Alisson, VVD, Robbo, Trent, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Henderson, Salah, Mane, Firmino and Milner rarely ever have a poor game and if they do its once in a blue moon.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Its worth saying next season when everything is settled a couple of our other players could gain that consistency. Specifically Pepe and AMN who I hope we use as our right back for the foreseeable.

This summer Raul and co need to sign 3 players who are starters. Not necessarily the absolute best or most expensive, but consistently good players with room for improvement. CB and two midfielders, the squad needs solidity and some magic.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I would say with Liverpool specifically they have 6 players who if you switched out for their depth it makes a significant difference. They can hold it together if one is out but if you have multiple out its a problem. They probably would have struggled through this period after lockdown if they hadn't won the title so early on.

With the whole non questionable players, they have to be players who are absolutely consistent no matter what, their form doesn't flip flop massively etc. For me in our squad those players are Tierney, Leno when fit, Auba and at the moment Ceballos. So we have four.

In comparison Alisson, VVD, Robbo, Trent, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Henderson, Salah, Mane, Firmino and Milner rarely ever have a poor game and if they do its once in a blue moon.

That's what I mean though, they'll never have to swap out 5/6 players and it shows with the CL and PL wins in the last couple years, rubbish like Origi can come in a do a job because they're stacked elsewhere.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That's what I mean though, they'll never have to swap out 5/6 players and it shows with the CL and PL wins in the last couple years, rubbish like Origi can come in a do a job because they're stacked elsewhere.

Yeah good point. Who would you sign this summer, you can make 3 signings.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Yeah good point. Who would you sign this summer, you can make 3 signings.

Simple really for me, a left sided CB, a CM, and a creative player.

Look to loan Ceballos with option.

That with Arteta could help reach top 4 provided they're the correct players.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
These guys cannot be held accountable, Arteta is the only person who'll feel the brunt. He's the only one doing press conferences and interviews. I'd love if someone was able to ask one of these guys why they thought sanctioning a 4 year deal for a Southampton reject full-back was a good idea. Like how could they answer. They think Cedric is a world class footballer?

I still remember guys thanking Raul in the streets after the transfer window, saying how he made Arsenal a serious club again. Yeah, we're 10th.

Surely if next season is a disappointment too all fingers will be pointed at them?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Simple really for me, a left sided CB, a CM, and a creative player.

Look to loan Ceballos with option.

That with Arteta could help reach top 4 provided they're the correct players.

Agreed with this.

I think Gabriel, Partey and Grealish is a solid, doable window. Premier league experience and CL experience in there for where we are would be excellent business.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Agreed with this.

I think Gabriel, Partey and Grealish is a solid, doable window. Premier league experience and CL experience in there for where we are would be excellent business.

Hmmm, it's possible but I think we'd have to rely on player sales and yeah I'd agree it would be solid but just think it's possibly a bit unrealistic.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dani just started playing well in the last month after we waited 12 months for him, what you talking about? Luiz has made mistakes ALL season and Pepe has generally been anonymous.

We wouldn’t be 10th had we done better business last summer.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom