• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

That 22 game unbeaten run was the luckiest run you’ll ever see. Go and look at the highlights from the Everton, West Ham and Fulham games for starters. We should have been 2/3 down before scoring in those games, I remember Sessegnon missing two one on ones at the Emirates.

Regularly having 20+ shots against, 50/50 basketball matches against teams we’d usually swat aside.

It was a tactical masterclass from Emery according to AM.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That 22 game unbeaten run was the luckiest run you’ll ever see. Go and look at the highlights from the Everton, West Ham and Fulham games for starters. We should have been 2/3 down before scoring in those games, I remember Sessegnon missing two one on ones at the Emirates.

Regularly having 20+ shots against, 50/50 basketball matches against teams we’d usually swat aside.

Also I'm pretty sure we never led at half-time for most of this run or something like that.

Against Everton in particular I remember they were the better side but we literally got two quick fire goals. Our attack was bailing us out most times.

Let's not forget that Wolves game at the Emirates which Leno had the game of his life, we only got a draw because Mkhitaryan miss-hit a cross and it went straight in.

Looking back the brand of football was quite odd, we didn't look to control games by keeping possession but we also didn't set up in a solid defensive way either. It was life and death stuff. It was kinda odd. Basically we won some games because of our quality and Wenger-ball muscle memory (see Leicester at home).

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Emery blooded in quite a couple of players and his initial run was pretty good - you don’t fluke 22 games I don’t care what anyone says. For the record I’m glad he’s gone I just prefer looking at things objectively.

He lost the dressing room and lacked the charisma to buy himself time. I still feel like lacking communication and charisma is what actually got him fired rather than flat out being a bad coach. SOME of his reasons for failing are extremely valid and Arteta will suffer the same issues (not getting preferred transfer targets, uncommitted players).

I dunno why I’m bothering now that I think about it - I think most of this forum just enjoy calling people sh*t.

Ashybashy86

Of course it's not good enough Arsenal should be in top 4 and CL always that minimum requirements winning a cup is beautiful and will add another trophy to our cabinet specially it will make us best FA cup winners with 14 cups win. let's see if board the owner share same ambition we desperately need to get back to top 4 to kick on again.
We've been best FA Cup winners since 2017. And are guaranteed to be this year because Man United aren't in the final.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The Emery 22 unbeaten had plenty of games where we were getting jammy results.

Laca scored late to beat Cardiff. And we had this knack of scoring in quick succession to kill off teams despite playing crap. Back to back 2-0's against Newcastle and Watford with that scenario in play.

The results were good but the performances were never that good.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He’s been muted by KSE it seems, sounds a lot more relaxed in his quotes about transfers today.

Lovely stuff.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The gap between us and City/Liverpool is probably the biggest gap I have ever seen in PL history between two top clubs. We are incredibly far away.

Get top 4 and I’ll honestly pop champagne bottles.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That was one of the worst lineups ever. Genuinely have no idea what he expected from Eddie on the wing.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
"Look at the players that we had in the past at this club in those positions," says Arteta. "You go back to (Santi) Cazorla, to (Tomas) Rosicky, to (Andrey) Arshavin when he played there, to (Aaron) Ramsey when he played there, to (Henrikh) Mkhitaryan when he came in. Even Jack Wilshere used to play in those pockets all the time.

"That is a lot of players who are now not here. We have to renew that cycle, because if not, those kind of players won't be there for us anymore.

They are a big part of what any squad needs."

Arteta nods in agreement when it's suggested creative players will be a priority for Arsenal in the summer ahead, but he also points out creativity need not necessarily come from the midfield.

"That is one of the areas we can improve, but also, how important those players are will depend on the way we are going to attack, because some different teams do it differently," he explains.

"Liverpool, for example, do it in a different way, without using the pockets in that manner, and they are still very effective. You see the assists created by their two full-backs compared to the No 10s that Manchester City have, for example. It's an equal number but a completely different style. So there are different ways to do it."

Love these comments from Arteta. The early returns from this season are disappointing and poor, but this is a man who is clearly analysing the game well and communicating with his players well, and a man with vision. I believe in him once better players are in place.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Then, after Villa, the Basque Dog.

Those cream Armani jeans are awesome , though.

I've got to invest in a fake pair of those post-lockdown

I think it's that, what with transitioning being all the rage, he's got a little bit of species dysphoria at the moment, can't decide if he's God or Dog. This can happen to the Basques-- they can be brilliant or brilliantly **** but they're not immune to the trends of the day, not like the Alsacians and Big Weng in that regard. I'm pretty sure he'll eventually decide on God, though. Still, better to be a Basque Dog than a Basque Mark Hughes.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom