• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The hate for Xhaka is irrational, just because he told you lot to F off and you’re taking it personally. Xhaka is top 3 players in our squad.

Gooner1988TK

The hate for Xhaka is irrational, just because he told you lot to F off and you’re taking it personally. Xhaka is top 3 players in our squad.

WE ARE TENTH!! The squad is awful so saying he’s a top 3 player in the worst Arsenal side for 25 years at least is nothing to brag about.
let me ask you a question sir! Are Burnley’s best 3 players quality players because they’re the 3 best in a average side? No they’re garbage just like Xhaka and nothing to brag about!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta said he wanted Xhaka at City, so he isn’t going anywhere.

The same people slagging off Xhaka on the previous page are Lucas Torreira gaggers, go figure. One of the worst midfielders we’ve ever had, and he was expensive.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Who are the other 2 in your opinion? Among regular starters this season, only Auba can call himself top player. And Saka too if he can prove to be consistent. Rest of the team has been garbage.

If you think Xhaka is only a Championship level player, your comments somewhat lack credibility, given he has 82 caps so far and is captain of the 12th best team in the world rankings and was excellent when we won the FA CUP.

If you criticism is going to be hyperbolic, then it undermines your own viewpoint.

Of course it's hyperbole lol. However Xhaka has been a mainstay in our team while we've dropped from a pirenial top 4 CL side, to a 6th place team, and now to mid table. This guy is in the spine of our squad and we've upgraded countless other areas of the pitch but this dood is a traffic cone. You don't have to be a tactical genius to see that in the time Xhaka has been the anchor in our midfield we've turned from a side who controlled matches to a side who gets pinned back in our own half and regularly allows more shots and shots on goal to sides like Wolves/Leicester/Villa. Teams who've invested paltry sums into their squads compared to us. Is that part to do with tactics? Yeah partly but because of the lack of mobility in midfield it's kind of a necessity unfortunately.

The one match where we've really dominated was against Brighton when we had Willock - Ceb - Guendo. Mobile midfielders who can be combative because they are able to recover when a player goes past them. Still a lack of creativity but a better option imo.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka might very well be our best midfielder, but this is the worst midfield arsenal has fielded in years yet Xhaka apologists claim it as some sort of evidence of his quality.

As I've said before we as fans deserve this mediocrity with the way we big up past-it and bums like Özil and Xhaka respectively. When you see some fans calling Xhaka 'elite' yet he's the 'lynchpin' in our worst ever midfield.

If you say Xhaka is a top three player at Arsenal, then Chris Wood should be starting for us, seeing that he's a top 3 player for Burnley who are above us.

Harry winks and sissoko has been Sp**s best midfielders this season but they're ****e. We should bring in players that will displace him from the Starting XI not bring in players to complement him. That's has been one of our biggest undoing in the past few years. We don't upgrade our average players. They get comfortable and some of our fans hype them up and call them one of the best in the league.

You could argue my point all you want but one thing is indisputable, our midfield started going South from 2016/2017.

We all know what happened that summer

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Xhaka might very well be our best midfielder, but this is the worst midfield arsenal has fielded in years yet Xhaka apologists claim it as some sort of evidence of his quality.

As I've said before we as fans deserve this mediocrity with the way we big up past-it and bums like Özil and Xhaka respectively. When you see some fans calling Xhaka 'elite' yet he's the 'lynchpin' in our worst ever midfield.

If you say Xhaka is a top three player at Arsenal, then Chris Wood should be starting for us, seeing that he's a top 3 player for Burnley who are above us.

Harry winks and sissoko has been Sp**s best midfielders this season but they're ****e. We should bring in players that will displace him from the Starting XI not bring in players to complement him. That's has been one of our biggest undoing in the past few years. We don't upgrade our average players. They get comfortable and some of our fans hype them up and call them one of the best in the league.

You could argue my point all you want but one thing is indisputable, our midfield started going South from 2016/2017.

We all know what happened that summer
Oh no you're being a Torreira gagger.... next time bump the Özil thread after we lose to cry on about how he would've saved the day or just say how others are fascinated with Lacazette's butt

Otherwise you'll forever remain a Torreira gagger:lol:

Manberg

Predator
WE ARE TENTH!! The squad is awful so saying he’s a top 3 player in the worst Arsenal side for 25 years at least is nothing to brag about.
let me ask you a question sir! Are Burnley’s best 3 players quality players because they’re the 3 best in a average side? No they’re garbage just like Xhaka and nothing to brag about!

That's not a healthy way of looking at things. It's possible that a player of the quality of Messi could be playing for a relegation side you know.

BigPoppaPump

Make one positive comment on Xhaka and look how it sets you lot off. Shows most of you hate him not for football reasons but because he told you to F off and you have to watch him boss the midfield every week.

There’s like 6 players we need to get rid of before even thinking about changing Xhaka.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That's not a healthy way of looking at things. It's possible that a player of the quality of Messi could be playing for a relegation side you know.
Was waiting for someone to bring up Messi in the Xhaka thread. :trophy:

The argument you are bringing and the way you try to bring it should give you pause. What are you trying to say? That Xhaka doesn't have anything to do with our league position? He has been playing a lot of games so he at least has to shoulder some blame, doesn't he? Or are you implying that while he has brought the goods (similar to a Messi on a **** team), others around him have let the side down?

Love this thread: Messi, Kroos, Pirlo, and Alonso mentioned in the same breath as Xhaka. **** me! You guys are totally bonkers!

lomekian

Essays are my thing
You're better than that.

Dejan Lovren was a regular player for a second placed Croatia, won everything with Liverpool and has a lot of appearances for both club and country. Not bad some people would say and a much better career than what Xhaka has.
The difference between us and Liverpool is that they've invested a lot in upgrading on that mediocrity while we are accepting it and promoting it. Yes, he's not a Championship level player but I'm a bit tired with that "leadership and Swiss captain" excusse, it's getting old.
We are sinking year on year while this guy is playing a key role in our team. We can't blame Guendouzi or Özil anymore as they are out, and the only constant of our downfall over the years is Xhaka, yet his fan club somehow thinks everyone else except our "leader" is to blame for that

Dejan Lovren is a good top flight defender, just not good enough to be first choice for an elite or close to elite team, as has been shown over recent seasons. A bit like Xhaka in midfield.

You seriously telling me I'm 'better than that' because I'm using Xhaka's career to refute some eejit saying his only good enough for the Championship?

Unless you believe the same, in which case there is no point in conversing.

Shalmaneser V

Make one positive comment on Xhaka and look how it sets you losers off. Shows most of you hate him not for football reasons but because he told you to F off and you have to watch him boss the midfield every week.

There’s like 6 players we need to get rid of before even thinking about changing Xhaka.

Boss the midfield. :lol:

It’s partly because of his bossing of the midfield that we’ve failed to make champions league in his time here and currently languishing in 10th.

Look Xhaka isn’t as bad as some of the fan base make out. But let’s not pretend he’s been carrying the midfield and producing week in week out.

Last edited:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Of course it's hyperbole lol. However Xhaka has been a mainstay in our team while we've dropped from a pirenial top 4 CL side, to a 6th place team, and now to mid table. This guy is in the spine of our squad and we've upgraded countless other areas of the pitch but this dood is a traffic cone. You don't have to be a tactical genius to see that in the time Xhaka has been the anchor in our midfield we've turned from a side who controlled matches to a side who gets pinned back in our own half and regularly allows more shots and shots on goal to sides like Wolves/Leicester/Villa. Teams who've invested paltry sums into their squads compared to us. Is that part to do with tactics? Yeah partly but because of the lack of mobility in midfield it's kind of a necessity unfortunately.

The one match where we've really dominated was against Brighton when we had Willock - Ceb - Guendo. Mobile midfielders who can be combative because they are able to recover when a player goes past them. Still a lack of creativity but a better option imo.

My primary point is the team deteriorating seems so often directed at Xhaka, when a far bigger factor is a turnover of 2/3 of the squad with all but centre forward being replaced with inferior or less effective replacements.

Is he going to be the main midfielder in a title race? Only if our attack, defence and flanks are stupendously good, and even then its unlikely. But blaming 1 very competent but flawed midfielder for a worse squad performing worse just isn't useful to anyone (especially when in 2/3 of the game him and his partner are outnumbered in midfield).

And talking about dominating midfield in his absence citing a game where we played like rubbish and lost to a team at that point in a relegation battle is a pretty weak argument.

Of course he is our worst No1 midfielder since Vieira arrived. Vieira, Fabregas & Santi were special special talents, and Xhaka's just a good player, not a great. But as things stand he's our most important midfielder, so I'd rather support him until we can upgrade 2 or 3 midfielders and make him expendable, rather than constantly *****ing about him not being good enough. Lets face it, to win the league almost none of our players are good enough

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
When we are on a good run it’s because Xhaka's in the team but apparently our league position has absolutely nothing do with him:rofl:

Brought down every great player you could think of while defending a player playing for the 10th team in the league, a team that's having it’s worst season in 25 frickin years. But somehow he plays almost every game but he is not at all at fault:rofl:

He's also 'bossing' the midfield, you wouldn’t know it while watching us play though. Every decent team runs through us, against good teams he plays as the 4th CB to block shots & camp near our penalty box. But that's called 'bossing' the midfield don't you know?:lol:

I'm not saying he's a championship midfielder, I'm not even saying he's a relegation fodder midfielder. But what he is is not an Arsenal quality midfielder & there's nothing wrong with that, being a mid-table player is not a bad thing. Saying he's not gonna be sold doesn’t really mean much aside from how we bad are atm

Over hyping a player to this extent is just sad really

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Make one positive comment on Xhaka and look how it sets you lot off. Shows most of you hate him not for football reasons but because he told you to F off and you have to watch him boss the midfield every week.

"Bossing the midfield"

feck me! :lol: :rofl:

I'll just assume you were trolling

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

You definitely wake up in the morning thinking about me
Says the guy who's obsessed with Laca's butt.

Carry on defending Xhaka. You and I both know you don't rate him. You just pretend to just to piss off those of who know Xhaka is gash :lol:

Manberg

Predator
When we are on a good run it’s because Xhaka's in the team but apparently our league position has absolutely nothing do with him:rofl:

Brought down every great player you could think of while defending a player playing for the 10th team in the league, a team that's having it’s worst season in 25 frickin years. But somehow he plays almost every game but he is not at all at fault:rofl:

He's also 'bossing' the midfield, you wouldn’t know it while watching us play though. Every decent team runs through us, against good teams he plays as the 4th CB to block shots & camp near our penalty box. But that's called 'bossing' the midfield don't you know?:lol:

I'm not saying he's a championship midfielder, I'm not even saying he's a relegation fodder midfielder. But what he is is not an Arsenal quality midfielder & there's nothing wrong with that, being a mid-table player is not a bad thing. Saying he's not gonna be sold doesn’t really mean much aside from how we bad are atm

Over hyping a player to this extent is just sad really

Getting in to the box and covering as a centreback is part of his job. It’s not easy either. You’re criticising Xhaka for doing his job well. But you miss the other things he does well. Dictates tempo, switching play, cycles possession, and a lot more. The other parts of his role as a DLP.

BigPoppaPump

Says the guy who's obsessed with Laca's butt.

Carry on defending Xhaka. You and I both know you don't rate him. You just pretend to just to piss off those of who know Xhaka is gash :lol:

Little bit of column A little bit of column B. Xhaka haters always over the top with the hate, you never see them have the same energy for absolute bums like Torreira and Lacazette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom