• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Xhaka might very well be our best midfielder, but this is the worst midfield arsenal has fielded in years yet Xhaka apologists claim it as some sort of evidence of his quality.
I wouldn't say he is our best midfielder, Ceballos contributed much more since the restart both in defending and organizing our game. Mkhi and Özil, although they're finished, are both much better players than Xhaka.
That leaves us with Xhaka being compared to a group of players that don't even play that often: Elneny, Douzi, AMN, Torreira and Willock.

Xhaka currently can't even outperform Ceballos and some people would want to rebuild our midfield around him. That's madness

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Little bit of column A little bit of column B. Xhaka haters always over the top with the hate, you never see them have the same energy for absolute bums like Torreira and Lacazette.
I do. I always criticise them the most. Why? Because I believe your spine players should be the most reliable and they do not have the qualities suited for top 4 level imo. They're all very limited, unathletic and just bad.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Who the hell says that? :lol: They somehow have a worse imagination than Xhaka.

You're only slightly better at ignoring people than Xhaka is at football, and that doesn't say much for Xhaka.

Who do you dislike more, Özil or Xhaka?

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Who the hell says that? :lol: They somehow have a worse imagination than Xhaka.
Xhaka aside. I actually think it is a very good saying. don't know whether I have translated it properly, it is like behind a good horse a lot of dust is raised, something like this. My grandfather uses it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Who do you dislike more, Özil or Xhaka?
If both were on top form, I’d have much more time for Özil, because I still believe he’s high class when and if his brain lets him be, whereas Xhaka is just painfully average and functional, at best.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Xhaka aside. I actually think it is a very good saying. don't know whether I have translated it properly, it is like behind a good horse a lot of dust is raised, something like this. My grandfather uses it.
I wouldn’t argue with grandad Erlis. If he rates Xhaka though, tell him to sign up to AM and I’ll give him some too if he wants it :p

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Poor today. Let's hope we see the city game version next week. To his credit he does often perform better against bigger opposition.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think it wasn't his best games look frustrated after the useless yellow he earned that made him struggle to do anything at 2nd half

roz

Fake News Merchant
He was alright, another 6/10 performance to go with his countless other 6/10 performances.

akhil

Weird thing is he was far more ambitious in his passing when he first got here. He used to put the ball over the top in behind the defense a fair bit and play a lot between the lines. We still had a good Sanchez and Özil back then who could receive in tight spaces really well and go in behind.

Now it's just sideways passing all day, we've not been effective at all through the middle of the pitch since Wenger left. Emery's obsession with full backs ruined is pretty much reflected in our attacking patterns.

In hind sight, getting id of Iwobi and Mkhi along with Ramsey leaving in the same window without similar replacements has killed any attacking fluency we had from. They all had their own faults but they were all comfortable in more central areas behind the strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom