• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Better wait for Fabrizio or Orny or reliable spanish source to confirm this now Matteo saying we told A.Madrid we won't pay his release clause.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Surely we wouldn't offer a player if they weren't keen on the player? £35m and the player, deal done.

Atletico refused to negotiate with Bayern, Barcelona, Chelsea and Man Utd when they sold them players.

99.999% sure it’s going to be release clause or nothing. It’s why they put in fair clauses, to encourage teams to make offers rather than negotiate.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think if we don’t offer the money in some shape or form they won’t sell him. They hold all the cards. He is under contract for three more years and is probably worth €60-70m in the current market. There’s no need for them to accept anything lower than that unless forced to.

To be honest with the way our season has gone I’d rather spend the money on a couple of creative midfielders.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Atletico refused to negotiate with Bayern, Barcelona, Chelsea and Man Utd when they sold them players.

99.999% sure it’s going to be release clause or nothing. It’s why they put in fair clauses, to encourage teams to make offers rather than negotiate.

We'll have to pay over the release clause tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
i mean 50M euros shouldn't be problem for team like us even if we not as powerful financially as City and Chelsea or even UTD.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Logically you’d say sell Guendouzi and add that money if they don’t want him in a swap. That means there’s probably no market for Guendouzi.

Most valued by who? Why would any club pay over £50m for him? What is he adding to their midfield? Ceballos has replaced him in the team and our midfield has looked a lot better. Ceballos is only a few years older than him and valued at €35m.

SI has him valued at 42m Euros here 12th top youth in world football:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...luable-players-under-21-mbappe-pulisic-sancho

Transfermkt had him valued at 50m Euros and the top young CM in the world:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ju...t-of-most-valuable-u21-midfielders/236811/amp

CIES football observatory had him in an algorithm according to advanced stats and had him rated at 70m Euros, this was one year ago, only rated behind Sancho:

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2018/261/en/

We've done a very poor job of developing him, and of course our 3 managers in one season didn't help him and he had a very poor year ngl. There's a top player in there and imo we are gonna regret flogging him off.

This is all grain of salt stuff tho because it's not a science. Remember when Leon Bailey was the next hottest thing? And he's had a couple seasons now where he's not lived up to expectations. For me tho we could be doing so much more to make Guendo a top asset...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yes he look like teenager but he is actual journalist work with Di Marzio similar to Fabrizio but not as reliable as him of course.
Why’s Di Marzio employing a load of kids?

Pretty sure Barca paid over Griezmann’s release clause so they could pay in instalments.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why’s Di Marzio employing a load of kids?

Pretty sure Barca paid over Griezmann’s release clause so they could pay in instalments.

No we refused to let them do it because they dicked around when it came to paying the fee.

They ended up paying 108M because we walked away from the table.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
So the question:

Depending on what happens in the Cup Final - do we pay up? Or search for an alternative?
Europe make things easier but i think we'll need to sell both Torreira and Guendouzi first or at least one of them to give us a chance to sign Partey and free a space in midfield.

field442

Trusted ⭐
So the question:

Depending on what happens in the Cup Final - do we pay up? Or search for an alternative?

If they really want the release clause activated then I’m not sure we can do it whatever happens. That means paying €50m all up front. I doubt we can do that without Kroenke putting his hand in his pocket.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So the question:

Look elsewhere, there must be numerous cheaper options out there.

Also I just don't get why we'd spend so much money on this type of player in our current situation. First you buy the flair players to get momentum going, then you buy the cogs to make the team win.

City didn't buy Fernandinho till later on, first they bought players like Robinho, Tevez, Adebayor, David Silva etc.

If it was 2015 and we were already a pretty good team that just needed a key player to turn us into a winning team over the course of a season, I'd go for Partey all day long. But as it is I don't see how he takes you from 8th to 4th or even 5th, so it seems like a bad use of limited resources.

If we go big, it should be for a creative midfielder, a flair player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom