• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 234,465

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Hopefully a loan. I'm coming round to the belief that there is a good player in there. Could possibly be a late bloomer.
No more loans for Reiss IMO. He needs to be around the first team to keep his confidence up. If he gets shunned out on loan again it may break his confidence.

Kysus

It's a tricky one imo.

Willian is clearly the better technician, but Zaha represents that bit of unpredictability that works both for and against him for a big team.

We have Auba and Pepe, for us Willian is a better fit and more valuable as we need someone to link up midfield and attack.
David Silva type is what we need

FinnGooner

Established Member
We have 3 young players already in the squad.

I'm not talking about a 20 year old. I'm talking somebody 22-25 from a smaller league who's already made their mark on a lower level and is ready to take the next step. Isn't that what our scouting department should be doing? Or are they there only to find wonderkids? It's not like Willian is absolute world class. He is a decent PL level player but every year dozens of Willian level players make their breakthrough in the top European leagues. We'll need to start finding the players who can make that breakthrough in Arsenal shirt. That is what beating the market is, not signing decent-but-old free-transfer players to bloated contracts. If Willian was Auba -level, it'd be a different story, but he is not even close

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
you are all aware, I suppose, that it's all over the media that Willian, Coutinho and Partey are Arteta's main targets - and perhaps Auba's as well;)

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard

11 goals and 8 assists across all competitons with an avergae rating of 7.33 on whoscored...... yes please, i'll take that.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Doesn’t matter. You still have to be a good footballer to make it over there.

His old side Flamengo are currently on a par with any PL team that isn’t called Liverpool or Manchester City. They were unlucky against Liverpool in that final. Were probably the better side on the night.

No they're not. Mind you they have great players, but Rafinha, Felipe Luis and a few others would get totally rinsed in the PL currently.

Tom349

I'm not talking about a 20 year old. I'm talking somebody 22-25 from a smaller league who's already made their mark on a lower level and is ready to take the next step. Isn't that what our scouting department should be doing? Or are they there only to find wonderkids? It's not like Willian is absolute world class. He is a decent PL level player but every year dozens of Willian level players make their breakthrough in the top European leagues. We'll need to start finding the players who can make that breakthrough in Arsenal shirt. That is what beating the market is, not signing decent-but-old free-transfer players to bloated contracts. If Willian was Auba -level, it'd be a different story, but he is not even close

We're not going to be making these type of signings and for good reason. We will be targeting top class players like Pepe, young players like Saliba and experienced players to keep us competitive like Luiz. Signing 20-40m players in their mid 20's won't be happening.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Willian if both where in their prime, Zaha right now...shouldn't be signing either really though.

Willian has had twice the season Zaha has. Willian is comfortably better. Really excited by this.

------

On a Villarreal note, seems like Coquelin is on the verge of joining the submarines. Happy days

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Willian stats
Passing accuracy 82%
Key passes a game 2.2
Long passes a game 1.8
Crosses a game 1.5
Shots per game 2
Dribbles a game 2.2
Bad control a game 1.7
Dispossessed a game 0.9
Tackles a game 1.2

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
looks like we're after a quick fix - which will cost money with little chance of getting it back

if the Kroenkes are in favour of this then one way or another there must be funds we are not aware of

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Since Edu got the job:

Luiz (same agent)
Pablo Mari (same nationality)
Cedric (same agent)
Willian (same agent)

Coutinho is next, this is corruption!
When you signed Kia's clients but managed to get away with it by winning a cup
MHgrqAA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom