• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 234,790

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

But you can't sell Willian so is like only spends, meanwhile you can sell Behnrama and recover some of that money. If you are lucky and he does great you can even make a profit... You know like those teams like Dortmund does.
So what'd you think when your lovely Dortmund team signed Hummels or even Meunier this year? Witsel? It's important to strike a balance, I was merely pointing out that Willian happens to be the cheaper option even if he's wages are higher due to the lack of transfer fee amortized into the total outlay.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Only just getting caught up with this disgrace today - so we’re signing another one of Kia’s bum clients on a big deal? Am I surprised? Nope. Unfortunately some delusional idiots on here will think this is good for us :lol: There is no upside to this, none, nada, zero. He’s another Chelsea **** coming to the end of his career, thought we would of learned our lesson by now but Kia has this club by the bollocks and he’s tightening his grip further.
What a comedown after the cup final :(

EeRWGDaXkAIHCYV

This was one of the worst transfers of the lot imo. The guy is Chelsea through and through yet we signed him up when he was finished.

I can’t forget when he gifted Chelsea a goal at Stamford Bridge and let Fabregas score.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Chance for an english version?
Arteta, Guardiola's apprentice, and Pep's misunderstanding of his Arsenal criticism
Some harsh words from Catalan about the London club were misinterpreted, as it referred to the goings-on of his countryman Raül Sanllehí, the great enemy of who was his ward

His return to Arsenal , the club where he precisely ended his career as a footballer, has given Mikel Arteta (San Sebastián, 1982) a great debut as a coach. After three years and more than 200 games as assistant to Pep Guardiolain Manchester City - specifically from July 1, 2016 to December 20, 2019 - the man from San Sebastian accepted the difficult challenge of leading a team that was drifting. for the Premierand that has ended up coming to fruition thanks to winning the FA Cup , a title that Mikel has already conquered twice wearing the Gunners' shirt and raised as captain.

Unlike Unai Emery , his countryman and predecessor on the bench at the Emirates Stadium , since the passage of the Swedish Ljunberg was testimonial, Arteta had important advantages when it came to accepting the offer. The first, who is fluent in the language and knows the British mind. He learned English in Scotland when he signed for the Glasgow Rangers and honed it (that is to say) in Liverpool during his six years at Everton . In addition, the fact of having played at Arsenal allowed Mikel to know the tastes of the 'gooners', as fans of the London team are called

From there, the bet was risky given their inexperience, but in the same way that in the Arsenal technical secretariat they were convinced of the capacity of the donostiarra to take over the team, Arteta himself was clear that it was time to take a step up front and start your coaching career. It was difficult for Pep to let him go, but obviously the Catalan knew that he could not cut his wings at the opportunity to train a great man from the Premier League. A team that, things of soccer and life, crossed its path in the semifinals of the FA Cup.

Coincidentally, Arteta also started his career as a footballer taking the witness from Guardiola . He himself recounted it in an interview on 'The Independent'. "I played my first game with Barcelona when I was 16, when I came in to replace Pep. I found myself playing alongside Rivaldo, Figo, Kluivert, Luis Enrique, all superstars. Guardiola was my idol, as he was for many people in Barcelona for his personality and character, as well as for his quality as a player. "

After coinciding with Xabi Alonso at Antiguoko , the San Sebastian club that has recently made headlines after signing a ten-year collaboration agreement with Athletic Bilbao , Mikel signed for FC Barcelona. However, after a season and a half in the second team he left on loan to a Paris Saint-Germain who was not what he is now and, a year later, he was transferred to Rangers. In 2004, precisely the year that Xabi Alonso signed for Liverpool, Arteta returned to San Sebastián to play for Real Sociedad , but his transfer did not work and in January of the following year he left for Everton on loan with a purchase option.

On August 31, 2011, Arteta arrived at Arsenal for the first time. Hand in hand, of course, from Arsène Wenger , the donostiarra inherited the number 8 number that has always accompanied him and soon took the leadership of the dressing room. To the two mentioned FA Cups won in 2014 and in 2015, we must add as many Community Shields. On July 1, 2016, he hung up his boots and began his career as a coach as Guardiola's assistant in Manchester City. Pep was ready to recruit him for his landing in the Premier, because he knew that Mikel could provide him with precisely what he did not have: knowledge of the Premier and of English football.

In December last year, the donostiarra returned to London and little by little he was redirecting the team, although not enough to sneak into the noble positions of the Premier. Arsenal needed to win the FA Cup final against Chelsea if they wanted to be in Europe next season, hence the pressure was much higher for Arteta's side. After 19 consecutive years competing in the Champions League with Wenger, the Europa League is a consolation. Aubameyang , the Gunners' top scorer, worth the redundancy, was the author of the two goals that gave a title that the London team clearly dominates with 14, by the 12 of Manchester United and the 8 by Tottenham and Chelsea .

Precisely the renewal of the Gabonese striker is one of Mikel's priorities: "He knows that we want to build the team of the future around him. I think he wants to continue, but we have to close the negotiation. These moments will help him believe that we are in the good way and that he is a big part of it. " From there, the coach has to make a good restructuring of his squad and the fact of playing European competition will undoubtedly be a relief. The owner of Arsenal, the American tycoon Stan Kroenke , is not for the work of making large disbursements.

Guardiola's harsh words
"I have respect for everything Arsenal is doing on the field, but not much for what they do outside of it ," Pep Guardiola said a few days ago. Some statements that were erroneously interpreted, as they did not refer to Arsenal being one of the eight Premier teams that would have signed a joint letter regretting the cancellation of the sanction that UEFA imposed on Manchester City for leaving Europe outside the next two seasons. No, what Guardiola was really referring to is the goings-on of his countryman Raül Sanllehí that his apprentice must be very attentive to.

The top sports manager of Arsenal maintains a close relationship with Kia Joorabchian , agent of David Luiz , incomprehensibly renewed, and of other players such as William or Coutinho , whose names coincidentally sound for Arsenal and, apparently , cannot be ruled out. The shadow of the doubt hangs over Sanllehí, especially after such strange additions to the last winter market as those of Cedric or the Spanish Pablo Marí . And this is the great problem of Arteta today, who has the enemy at home ...

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
EeRWGDaXkAIHCYV

This was one of the worst transfers of the lot imo. The guy is Chelsea through and through yet we signed him up when he was finished.

I can’t forget when he gifted Chelsea a goal at Stamford Bridge and let Fabregas score.

No need to look past the EL final.

That super bum Emery played this fecker, and he was practically scoring the goals himself.

Malky

Established Member
4 year deal is nuts. Should go and get Ismaila Sarr
A 4 year deal? Thought it was 3? I wouldn’t give him one. Either way, why the **** are we even entertaining a deal for a winger who’ll be in his ****ing mid 30s when his deal ends? There is no upside to this, he has no future value to us. This goes through and I’d want Raul and Edu thrown out the club before Kroenke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom