• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
So not quite the unceremonious sacking that was first reported then. All very civil and genuinely amicable.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Few years ago I said Kroenke was notorious in the NBA for penny pinching on staff, having the least amount of scouts etc. I wonder if that's what we're seeing now

What we're seeing now is a revolution in the NBA with the Denver Nuggets running with two 7' point guards for the first time in history terrorizing the bubble.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The board really does need to clarify this new restructure that has happened behind the scenes.

I dont have much trust in Edu since I'm still not sure how competent he is at his job but I do have a lot of trust in Arteta and I dont think Raul leaving will affect our summer plans all that much

BUT

Gutting the scouting department is a huge worry for me, Edu has let go of some of our most senior scouts that looked after EU countries, he needs to sit down and explain this restructure. Why was their need for it and how does he see this as improving us in the long term.

We might save a few millions in wages but imagine how many good players we will miss out on if we dont have a solid scouting system in France, England, Germany and Netherlands in the future.

We as a club cant compete with City and co when it comes to money so we need an excellent scouting system and without that being in place I dont think we will ever make up the gap between us and the top teams.

I think arsenal fans need to demand an explanation from the club before the season starts and the board/owners/edu need to sit down and explain their reasoning

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

There was an inner investigation about the Pepe deal, and apparently Raul paid too much money to some middle men in the deal and got sacked for that.
Sounds like they wanted to get rid and just needed a reason. It’s a good thing I think, Raul was the type to do something horrible that will hurt the club in unprecedented ways.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Why was he sacked exactly ??? What wrong did he do in the Pepe deal ??

Stuff will probably leak out in the next 2-3 weeks knowing this club.

All we know so far is that Tim Lewis joined the board a month ago, conducted an internal investigation, Raul was let go.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bet Kia and Canales feel cut adrift now their mate Raul's gone. OK Edu is still there, but he hasn't got the power Raul had.

But they off loaded 4 of their older players so they're probably still celebrating. Pretty good turn over, even if they were Coutinho short of a jackpot.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bet Kia and Canales feel cut adrift now their mate Raul's gone. OK Edu is still there, but he hasn't got the power Raul had.

But they off loaded 4 of their older players so they're probably still celebrating. Pretty good turn over, even if they were Coutinho short of a jackpot.

We all know Arteta wanted Willian. The others are good backups. Pipe down.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I don't think he was sacked by the way, that much is clear. The club knew full well Raul's deal and that they can't act innocent in not knowing what he was about and doing. There's no way Raul was sending millions to agents without anyone knowing, that's daft. But they have changed tactic, decided they can't sustain his approach and mutually agreed to part ways. He will take his 'skillset' elsewhere.

I'm very happy. Also I really don't see any reason to worry about Edu right now, we parted with Raul because the big agent money is now seen as a bad business model why would we still line Kia's pockets? Let's see how he gets on, Arteta likes him and no way does Arteta buy in to signing players for favours.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Can somebody give me a summary of what happened?
Raul tried to be a big swinging **** and **** everyone around. Alienated a lot of people and players. Cozied up to agents and did questionable deals. Kroenke sent down an auditor who also was an arsenal fan.

They leaked stories about Kia and Raul, got Özil to do an interview and also leaked the story of the investigative audit. A day or two later Raul is gone, with attempts to try and save face.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I don't think he was sacked by the way, that much is clear. The club knew full well Raul's deal and that they can't act innocent in not knowing what he was about and doing. There's no way Raul was sending millions to agents without anyone knowing, that's daft. But they have changed tactic, decided they can't sustain his approach and mutually agreed to part ways. He will take his 'skillset' elsewhere.

I'm very happy. Also I really don't see any reason to worry about Edu right now, we parted with Raul because the big agent money is now seen as a bad business model why would we still line Kia's pockets? Let's see how he gets on, Arteta likes him and no way does Arteta buy in to signing players for favours.

100% sacked and booted out. First the stories come out about Kia, then about an audit, then an Özil interview, then he is sacked.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You only need to look at our CB situation to know how poor our transfer business has been. Raul culpable. Looking to buy Gabriel with Mari, Luiz, Holding, Sokratis, Mustafi, Chambers, Mavropanos, Saliba. That would be 9 CBs for two positions. So far only Mavro on loan.

It's like having a double garage with 2 cars parked in front and 6 others rusting all over the street and one rented out.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You only need to look at our CB situation to know how poor our transfer business has been. Raul culpable. Looking to buy Gabriel with Mari, Luiz, Holding, Sokratis, Mustafi, Chambers, Mavropanos, Saliba. That would be 9 CBs for two positions. So far only Mavro on loan.

It's like having a double garage with 2 cars parked in front and 6 others rusting all over the street and one rented out.

Its Rauls fault for giving Mustafi and Sokratis those contracts? I mean hes gone for whatever reasons but don't blame everything on the bloke ffs

Luiz, Sok and Mustafi all out of contract next summer sign a proper CB now ffs

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

100% sacked and booted out. First the stories come out about Kia, then about an audit, then an Özil interview, then he is sacked.

Literally wasn't sacked is what I mean, because he wasn't. But yeah they wanted him out, because he is out.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom