• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Preferred Midfield Signing

Partey or Thiago

• Total voters

say yes

forum master baiter
Arsenal need to strengthen both at creative and defensive midfield, but we’re limited funds wise. Assuming we can only sign one, who would you prefer as our marquee midfield signing: Partey or Aouar?

I’m guessing we’ll be able to keep Ceballo on loan, but feel free to discount that if it affects your decision.

Option A:

— Ceballos —
Xhaka - Partey

Option B:
— Aouar —
Xhaka - Ceballos

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I feel Partey/Ceballos/Willian is more balanced than Aouar/Ceballos/Willian.

I think we'd need both with the sales we are looking to make, but if its just one then probably Partey, despite my love for Aouar. Aouar is probably better value for money mind you.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Partey for me.

Xhaka - Partey
Özil
Pepe Auba Willian​

The creativity behind Aubameyang could unlock any defence. On the other hand Xhaka - Partey make sure defensively we‘re switched on as well.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Honestly don’t think we’ll get either.

Probably end up with:
Torreira
Lingard Xhaka​

Be excited

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Partey for me over Aouar but not with Dani.

Ceballos / Partey / Xhaka looks a bit overkill on paper. Tune it up a bit.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Option A probably makes Arteta feel more secure about playing 4 at the back.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Partey for many reasons, but I'm not overlooking that he seemingly really wants to be here.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The number 6 and number 8 shirts are both available. So we'll definitely sign two midfielders.

Partey makes sense as the 6, after that it'll be Ceballos or Aouar as the number 8.

Partey, Ceballos, Xhaka, Willock, Smith Rowe, Özil, Willian and probably AMN now Raul is gone as 8 options across 3 positions.

Aouar/Partey would be the dream scenario. Ceballos/Partey is the realistic scenario.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
We're gonna magically go back to playing Özil? Would be strange.
Why not? Arteta liked using Özil before the contract dispute. With Raul gone and Özil confirming he‘ll stay here in his final year, there‘s no point in these games anymore.

However if Özil isn‘t an option anymore then I‘d pick Aouar actually. Aouar - Ceballos - Xhaka has a better balance than Xhaka - Partey - Ceballos, which is unusable tbh unless you are Unai Emery.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Honestly don’t think we’ll get either.

Probably end up with:
Torreira
Lingard Xhaka​

Be excited

tenor.gif

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Partey no doubt. More rounded and more of what we need.

Aouar would be nice to have.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
At the moment you can't predict but getting Partey and extending Ceballos loan is more important. Buying attacking midfielder depend on Torreira and Guendouzi

field442

Trusted ⭐
The Aouar stuff is most likely bollocks anyway. Only L’Équipe have reported it and they’re hit and miss.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom