• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Guendouzi is a very good passer, yorch!

Here is what I like about Guendouzi:

-great personality to take responsibility and want the ball from deep

-very nice composure on the ball

-good vision and passing

-in general, very good ball progression

-Tall, relatively strong, and relatively athletic (I know @MutableEarth disagrees with me here, but in terms of athleticism I feel he has a pretty fine build and quickness for a pivot midfielder)

Basically, he has all the ingredients for a fine pivot player, especially a 5/6 (depending on how you do the numbering in your country), except defensive and tactical intelligence. Now, that can't always be taught, but often it can. I certainly think it's worth trying because if so you have a world class 5/6 tbh.

There's so much hyperbole with Guendouzi. Major talent he is. Top player he is not, but he can be. That no one is interested in a bit of a project with major personality concerns who's fallen out with a highly respected young manager in a covid economy where everyone is just trying to solve their most essential needs without thinking about long-term planning really means far less than people make it out to mean. With a good season of management under a proper manager, something he hasn't had yet, and a recuperation of the market, he could easily be a 50-100m player.
I don't agree about physical strength because I have seen him falling to a lot of players. Maybe he is not weak but he looks weaker because he has no balance on his body.

He doesn't tackle. Ceballos contributed much more defensively than him. Son I cannot watch a pivot who doesn't defend. If he were near Thiago Alcantara abilities when he was young then I would definitely could pass on his inability to defend. But he is not.

I respect your opinion but I see a very very clumsy player on him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't agree about physical strength because I have seen him falling to a lot of players. Maybe he is not weak but he looks weaker because he has no balance on his body.

He doesn't tackle. Ceballos contributed much more defensively than him. Son I cannot watch a pivot who doesn't defend. If he were near Thiago Alcantara abilities when he was young then I would definitely could pass on his inability to defend. But he is not.

Since he has joined he has made absolutely no progression physically for me. That is a major red flag. You can just look at someone like Martinelli and see a difference in his physical appearance.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Since he has joined he has made absolutely no progression physically for me. That is a major red flag. You can just look at someone like Martinelli and see a difference in his physical appearance.

He can't make that progression if he doesn't have the traits to do so. He's a deep lying playmaker, heir to Xhaka's throne. He'll never be a physical monster, more of a Biscuits type of player than anything else. He could easily be an elite controller of games, just needs to get his head down.

senna

He only has two years left though. So you either sell or extend. I guarantee you that he will sit out his contract and leave on a free like the **** he is.

2 years is a long time to sit out, especially given he is not on Özil type monster wages. likely given his stature as a promising player he'll be forgotten about very quickly as doubt we'll play him if we get the sense he's sittign it out and serious damages his earning potential on his bosman contract. We get him to sign and add a year or sell him for £25m - he's gotta be worht as much as Ollie Watkins at least.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But...but..look at the hair. Seriously though if he’s willing to work, I have no doubt working with Arteta will improve Guen, both as a person and as a footballer.

Reactions: roz

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Just try and get a good season out of him and hopefully be able to cash in next season. Not really about talent any more he just seems a complete bellend. The non-redeemable type.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Maybe he just doesn't have the physical profile to put on loads of muscle mass. It's a generalisation but North African players tend to be on the slight side, think Wenger said something like that when he bought Elneny. Guendouzi is never gonna be a physically powerful player.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

He definitely has to improve his defensive phase massively but there have been games where he has shown promise tackling:

Bournemouth in the FA Cup was another if I recall correctly, where Arteta played him as a 6 and he really shined in his tackling.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we successfully sold Torreira and Elneny can see Guendouzi stay for depth. He better than both and can only improve one thing left his attitude if it didn't improve this season then we'll be forced to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom