• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

The same Dean that used to disparage Orny 24/7 before. A radical change of tune from the acclaimed actor but this is a happy day so thats fine.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Lets all celebrate before the nonces that are the usual suspects ruin this thread by spamming it with... "the only reason Auba signed was because no big club wanted him" ...terrible, terrible people in that group.

Very happy with this, feel it should have been announced weeks ago so it's a little anti-climatic really :lol:

Still great news though...

raw

Gotta love that Mkhi nipple twitching move. :rofl:

But yeah, next we also will see complaints of why we are giving such a contract for a 31 year old.

They will endlessly claim we should have given him 2 year deal, eventhough it is very likely Auba wouldn't have signed such a deal.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I'd imagine they either don't count Özil or it's based on performance bonus.

No way it's more than 350K base.
He was on 300k excluding performance based bonuses before, I’m sure it’s going to be more than 350k with this new contract.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Excellent news. This is the best piece of business we'll do all summer.

Arteta must have really got Auba buying into his vision of the club for him to re-sign, for the last couple of peak years of his career.

No issues with his contract either, his base wage probably isn't over 250k per week.

World class players demand world class wages. I don't have a problem with that, particularly when his contract is heavily incentivized. Even if his contract was a flat £350k, which it obviously isn't, That'd be about £60m over the course of the 3 years. We'd pay more than that to get an adequate replacement for him.

Think Özil has given us all a bit of a sour taste when it comes to handing out bumper contracts. Totally different mentalities between Auba and Mesut though.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I doubt he is on the same/more than Mes, but imagine trying to tell Auba that he can't have those wages...

"Sure Pierre...you may be our best/most productive player right now, our captain who recently scored the goals that won an FA Cup...have scored a ridiculous amount of goals really since 2018 despite Arsenal being all over the place in your time here...and you have a golden boot from 2019 and a team of the year place in 2020...and yes, Özil doesn't contribute in anyway anymore...but nah, you can't have the money to match him."

...ridiculous really, you can see why there were even rumours the club were trying to pay Özil off this year, his contribution v wages received most have the club terrified to negotiate any new deals until he leaves :lol:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Just give him the money. This is the price we will have to pay whilst Özil is at the club unfortunately.

You could imagine it was Arsenal delaying the talks all along now, but wanted to wait for clarification on Özil before having talks with our most important player at the club.

I certainly will not lose sleep over Auba’s salary.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Just give him the money. This is the price we will have to pay whilst Özil is at the club unfortunately.

You could imagine it was Arsenal delaying the talks all along now, but wanted to wait for clarification on Özil before having talks with our most important player at the club.

I certainly will not lose sleep over Auba’s salary.
You’d be an idiot if you thought that.

Pyres7

We're in a weak negotiating position so not surprised that the wages are high. But unlike Özil he has consistently delivered the goods, and he's our most important player so I don't mind.

We can't afford to penny pinch and lose him. We all know we don't have the finances or the ability to draw a forward as good as him to the club.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You’d be an idiot if you thought that.
You’re upset I’ve mentioned your boi Özil :lol:

If you’ve paid attention Aubameyang did say many times in public “it’s up to them, we will see” alluding that it’s up in the air.
We honestly don’t know the hold up and I am free to speculate - especially as our club has a history of making very dodgy decisions and the rumoured 250k salary definitely wouldn’t have taken this long.

No need to lose composure.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško has said yes to Arsenal and now the club are in pole position to complete a £45m deal [John Cross - The Mirror]

Bayern Munich are monitoring developments on Oleksandr Zinchenko [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom