• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Some Twitter account saying we are doing a madness..heard that before. But assuming there is a possibility it must include a left field signing because we have been chasing Aouar and Partey for a while now.

Spending the best part of 100m on central midfielders in one window would be absolute madness for us!

Xanth

Ceballos - Xhaka
Pepe - Willian - Aouar
Auba

This could be an interesting setup against certain teams at home. Has that 2010 feel to it. Obviously I'd prefer Aouar to be primarily a central midfielder for most games though.

Really excited to see how Saka and once he comes back, Martinelli will be used this season as well.

Last edited:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Ceballos - Xhaka
Pepe - Willian - Aouar
Auba

This could be an interesting setup against certain teams at home. Has that 2010 feel to it. Obviously I'd prefer Aouar to be primarily a central midfielder for most games though.

Really excited to see how Saka and once he comes back, Martinelli will be used this season as well.
Didn't work so well before, why would do it now?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ceballos - Xhaka
Pepe - Willian - Aouar
Auba

The good thing about Aouar is he's also flexible, like a Santi/Iniesta type who can come in from the left as well as playing centrally.

blrgooner

Established Member
Ceballos - Xhaka
Pepe - Willian - Aouar
Auba

Actually you can switch Aouar and Willian and that could be a very good setup too. Also, this could be our "without the ball" setup. When we are building up on the ball, Pepe and Auba can stay further forward and make it a 4 4 2.
A 4 4 2 will never work with someone like Pepe and Auba wide simply because they can`t retain the ball properly. They are both players we need to get involved in the final 3rd because that`s where they are lethal. With technical players like Aouar and Willian who can retain the ball better, we can ensure that Auba/Pepe don`t have ball retention responsibilities and also can afford to take more risks.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Actually you can switch Aouar and Willian and that could be a very good setup too. Also, this could be our "without the ball" setup. When we are building up on the ball, Pepe and Auba can stay further forward and make it a 4 4 2.
A 4 4 2 will never work with someone like Pepe and Auba wide simply because they can`t retain the ball properly. They are both players we need to get involved in the final 3rd because that`s where they are lethal. With technical players like Aouar and Willian who can retain the ball better, we can ensure that Auba/Pepe don`t have ball retention responsibilities and also can afford to take more risks.

Where did you get that Pepe can't retain the ball properly?

Malky

Established Member
Some Twitter account saying we are doing a madness..heard that before. But assuming there is a possibility it must include a left field signing because we have been chasing Aouar and Partey for a while now.
Wasn't there some places that were saying we wanted Griezmann at the start or the window?
Obviously hope we get Partey and Aouar (think we will, tbh), but i'd love it after that if we pulled off an Özil like transfer at the end of the window. Just a big signing that shocks everyone and gets everyone excited.

blrgooner

Established Member
Where did you get that Pepe can't retain the ball properly?
Well he can hold up the ball, Overall though, he is not at his best in this role because he really does not make quick decisions which can help in ball progression.
I just think we need to get him into positions where he can quickly drive towards the goal. He is far more unpredictable in and around the opposition box and that is what I think we need from him. We saw this in to some extent in the FA cup final.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We not adding any forward players we selling players and buy Aouar and try get Partey. Auba Martinelli Pepe Nelson Willian Saka is enough quality and quantity wise. Our midfield need sorting because it's poverty.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So we have 17 players who count towards the Non-HG rule. Right? Then we get another GK so 18 non-HG players.

I count 18 currently

Leno
Tierney
Sokratis
Mustafi
Luiz
Gabriel
Cedric
Mari
Kolasinac
Ceballos
Özil
Torreira
El-Neny
Xhaka
Lacazette
Willian
Pepe
Aubameyang

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Can very much see Partey playing between Aouar and Ceballos.
I was talking about if we only signed one of each. I myself have actually said Ceballos would eventually displace Xhaka, but if we only sign Aouar for example we would still probably play both.

Ceballos was doing everything Xhaka does but better at the end of last season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
31 first team players and 18 days to go we seem leaving everything late hopefully it won't cost us we only accomplished less than 50% of our business there still too much work to do

Manberg

Predator
I was talking about if we only signed one of each. I myself have actually said Ceballos would eventually displace Xhaka, but if we only sign Aouar for example we would still probably play both.

Ceballos was doing everything Xhaka does but better at the end of last season.

2 very different players. Xhaka’s our best midfielder. Arteta wants a midfield of Xhaka, Partey and Aouar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom