• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I was talking about if we only signed one of each. I myself have actually said Ceballos would eventually displace Xhaka, but if we only sign Aouar for example we would still probably play both.

Ceballos was doing everything Xhaka does but better at the end of last season.
Ceballos is more of an 8 from what I've seen so far. I don't he is suited to sitting back. He could be part of a double pivot but not a single pivot himself.

If we got one of Auoar or Partey and it would likely be Aouar then we'll definitely play Aouar-Xhaka-Ceballos/Willian whether in a flat 4-3-3 or in a pivot in 4-2-3-1.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Torreira, Sokratis, Kolasinac, and Özil among players whose availability has been widely circulated
Torreira, Sokratis and Kola will leave but I feel theres zero chance anyone will come in for Özil, he will see out his contract with us and cost us 18m in the process.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Torreira, Sokratis and Kola will leave but I feel theres zero chance anyone will come in for Özil, he will see out his contract with us and cost us 18m in the process.

Still think a loan for Mesut could be possible. He's still not anywhere near the squad and doesn't fit any formation Arteta wants to play. Last minute loan where we pay some of his wages maybe.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I mean it'd be really cool if Arsenal actually bought both Aouar and Partey, although I still don't think it'll happen. But part of me worries about it happening, it would almost be a validation of the twitter cult of Hagn and all his incessantly demanding acolytes, it would provide incentive in every subsequent transfer window for fans to bombard the club with pleas to sign players and accept nothing less in the belief that if they just shout loud enough for long enough they can get what they want.

There are those for whom the transfer window is important because it effects what will happen on the pitch, and those for whom what happens on the pitch is important because it effects what will happen in the transfer window. Increasingly it feels like the latter group is taking over.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still think a loan for Mesut could be possible. He's still not anywhere near the squad and doesn't fit any formation Arteta wants to play. Last minute loan where we pay some of his wages maybe.
zero chance
they tried to offload him to turkey while funding his wages and he said no
hopefully we can use him in Europa and cup games or something

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
zero chance
they tried to offload him to turkey while funding his wages and he said no
hopefully we can use him in Europa and cup games or something

The other option is simply not registering Mustafi as he's going to be out and not match fit until at least the end of November. But there's options to make space which is the main thing.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I mean it'd be really cool if Arsenal actually bought both Aouar and Partey, although I still don't think it'll happen. But part of me worries about it happening, it would almost be a validation of the twitter cult of Hagn and all his incessantly demanding acolytes, it would provide incentive in every subsequent transfer window for fans to bombard the club with pleas to sign players and accept nothing less in the belief that if they just shout loud enough for long enough they can get what they want.

There are those for whom the transfer window is important because it effects what will happen on the pitch, and those for whom what happens on the pitch is important because it effects what will happen in the transfer window. Increasingly it feels like the latter group is taking over.
I feel Arsenal fans have been some of the most pragmatic this window

Like 99.9% of understand its unlikely we will sign both Aouar and Partey but most of us trust the current management enough to know that they like us can see the holes in the squad and are trying to fix it.

We will be ecstatic if we can sign both but even one of the two would be a great window for most fans and that shows them accepting reality and not being like Utd fans for example

balthazar

According to Charles Watts, Danilo Pereira of Porto is (together with Diawara of Milan) the back-up option in case we can't get Partey.

Don't watch Portuguese football, but to those who do, is Pereira any good?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
According to Charles Watts, Danilo Pereira of Porto is (together with Diawara of Milan) the back-up option in case we can't get Partey.

Charles Watts talks bollocks. If we don’t sign Partey it will be because we signed Aouar. If we don’t sign either of those two we won’t sign anyone else.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I feel Arsenal fans have been some of the most pragmatic this window

Like 99.9% of understand its unlikely we will sign both Aouar and Partey but most of us trust the current management enough to know that they like us can see the holes in the squad and are trying to fix it.

We will be ecstatic if we can sign both but even one of the two would be a great window for most fans and that shows them accepting reality and not being like Utd fans for example

I agree that most Arsenal fans are reasonable people who know the club can't just buy everyone, but the reasonable fans aren't the ones you see on twitter. Not to say twitter fans are entirely influential in terms of real world actions, but for example there was an article today about how the Utd hierarchy are upset at how much negative twitter activity they've had from disgruntled fans. So they certainly pay attention to this.

I wonder if there's a future where clubs actually do end up altering their activity based on what mobs of fans do on twitter. I mean this forum is barely tolerable with just one Hairspray, imagine you've tens of thousands of Hairsprays interacting with you everyday.

The clubs don't help btw. Gabriel saying part of the reason he came was because he saw Arsenal fans begging him to come was a stupid thing for the club to release. And all the stupid announcement videos also drive this hysteria, so the clubs aren't blameless in all of this obviously.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

What a great research from Watts to be fair he putting Diawara and Perriera names because we were linked with them very early this window and we never been interested.

Breezy

I don’t watch Portuguese football and I’ve never seen Pereira play but I can confirm that he’s not all that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Also he didn't said nothing about Partey and Aouar he refuse to speak about players in other clubs.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
On Kolasinac links with Bundesliga clubs
“I think every case you take it individually. First of all try to understand if they want to leave, why.

“At the moment I’m not expecting anyone to leave shortly.”

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
On what Martinez money will be used on
“At the end of the day we have to find balance with what we want with our squad and our finances.

“Time will tell whether we’re weaker. The recruitment to bring our second goalkeeper will hopefully bring a good level.”

Reiss Nelson
“I really like the way he’s training. He’s going to carry on pushing the rest of the team.

“Things in football don’t change in three months, they change in three minutes.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom