• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It does makes sense tho really. Aouar and Partey likely give us CL, which in tern probably pays for their transfers. That being said it’s a pretty big 100M risk if we don’t.

But then we won’t get it anyway without them so may as well have a go.

Plus we wouldn't have to spend over £50M next summer to keep on going.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It does makes sense tho really. Aouar and Partey likely give us CL, which in tern probably pays for their transfers. That being said it’s a pretty big 100M risk if we don’t.

Next season Luiz Özil are gone we'll save alot of money likely 450K from their wages to get both Partey and Aouar we need to sell few this summer that's why getting both depends on Kola Mustafi Sokratis Torreira all being out of door and if we lucky Guendouzi too. i think even with crisis going on spending 100M on market shouldn't be problem for club like our but i understand the club being careful with it because it seem fans aren't coming back until maybe the next year.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I can’t remember where I read it but there was a great article where they said that the huge mistake the club made post Highbury was the cash reserves and keeping all this money in the bank when the the money coming into PL football was skyrocketing.

If we’d have bought say Xabi Alonso rather than hold onto that extra 4 million or whatever as an investment he would’ve benefitted the club far more.

Kind of glad Vinai has said this tbh.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Football clubs need spending as much as the economy as a whole does.
Nobody has an endless plephora of worldclass talents at their disposal coming up from the reserves.

Always had the feeling Kroenke was holding back since Wenger was overachieving constantly with piss poor backing.

Emery was kinda the transition that could have signified a wake-up call to loss in his investment without spending and Arteta just backed his ability to use it wisely.

Let's hope Kroenke is as wise as the bum squad !

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Get A&P now, and the only big signing you probably need next season is a replacement for Lacazette. Lot of big contracts coming off the books in 2021 as well.

Yep. £30-50M off the wage bill a year in the next 9 months. Replace Laca next season with say Edouard/Malen/Haaland and you don't have to do anything else except maybe sell Bellerin and buy Lamptey.

Then you save for two years, hopefully getting into the CL each year to eventually replace Auba adequetly.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Get A&P now, and the only big signing you probably need next season is a replacement for Lacazette. Lot of big contracts coming off the books in 2021 as well.
yes agree we wouldn't need to buy alot of replacement maybe only Laca and Bellerin depending on Bellerin performance this year.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I can’t remember where I read it but there was a great article where they said that the huge mistake the club made post Highbury was the cash reserves and keeping all this money in the bank when the the money coming into PL football was skyrocketing.

If we’d have bought say Xabi Alonso rather than hold onto that extra 4 million or whatever as an investment he would’ve benefitted the club far more.

The biggest mistake we ever made and the ultimate reason for 3-4 less league titles under Wenger.

Give him the same funds that Ferguson got back then, which are peanuts compared to the post covid market and now even, and history changes completely.

Not even talking huge cash here, but maybe 100m over 3 seasons back then.

Hjalmaar

Wish this was the case but as history has shown us, come spring, half of your squad have become absolute bums that no-one really wanted in the first place and need to be replaced ASAP.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wish this was the case but as history has shown us, come spring, half of your squad have become absolute bums that no-one really wanted in the first place and need to be replaced ASAP.
Leno-Bellerin/AMN-Saliba-Gabriel-Tierney-Aouar-Partey-Auba-Pepe has the makings of a quality team. Just need a replacement for Laca, maybe a #10 and decide who's the long-term answer at RB. Sell whoever isn't for big money and fund other signings just like Liverpool would do.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Listen I don’t think someone like AFCbell would fabricate a story but it’s very possible his source was very misleading
I agree.

He/she had a good thing going without pretending to be an ITK.

Hjalmaar

Leno-Bellerin/AMN-Saliba-Gabriel-Tierney-Aouar-Partey-Auba-Pepe has the makings of a quality team. Just need a replacement for Laca, maybe a #10 and decide who's the long-term answer at RB. Sell whoever isn't for big money and fund other signings just like Liverpool would do.
Oh, I agree with you. Was just speaking on how this forum works. "Elite" players become "bums" in no time.

Hjalmaar

There's also Saka and Martinelli to add to the list. Maybe even Ceballos.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Yep and I think if we built the stadium a decade later like Sp**s we would have had more revenue to pay for it. Football skyrocketed massively compared to stuff around it.

But the sitting on cash instead of investing in players thing is literally the most bait thing ever. I was saying that **** as a 16 year old, what the **** was going on at this club where all these people on hundreds of thousands a year don't realise that. £30m in one year was worth half that a few years later in the market, didnt these idiots see that? Thats why I have no respect for people like Gazidis as a businessman, he's an absolute ****. Little kids seemed to have better foresight than him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Spending money on good players is a good way to invest. But is Partey a good long-term investment? If everything goes according to Arteta and Edu's plan he'll probably be 30 by the time the team is a truly competitive Champions League team again. So the team is finally good again and a key member is 30, maybe he has incredible longevity like Fernandinho and it's not an issue, but there's no guarantee of that.

Wouldn't an investment in a pair of Zakaria and Aouar be better in the long-term? In that case you'd have two midfielders coming into their prime at the point when the team is on the cusp of success, instead of one of them nearing the end of his prime.

I mean if Partey comes then great, i'll be excited about that, but someone has to think about these things. Liverpool are what they are now because of sensible decisions taken like 4-5 years ago.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Spending money on good players is a good way to invest. But is Partey a good long-term investment? If everything goes according to Arteta and Edu's plan he'll probably be 30 by the time the team is a truly competitive Champions League team again. So the team is finally good again and a key member is 30, maybe he has incredible longevity like Fernandinho and it's not an issue, but there's no guarantee of that.

Wouldn't an investment in a pair of Zakaria and Aouar be better in the long-term? In that case you'd have two midfielders coming into their prime at the point when the team is on the cusp of success, instead of one of them nearing the end of his prime.

I mean if Partey comes then great, i'll be excited about that, but someone has to think about these things. Liverpool are what they are now because of sensible decisions taken like 4-5 years ago.

We need long term and short term players. Aouar is long term, Partey is medium term, Willian short term.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Love this comment. Gave me a bit of hope. Top 5 poster on here cemented.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Right but can Arsenal spend 50m on medium-term options. 50m plus wages is a lot to spend on someone who might only give you three peak seasons, isn't it?

He's only really just turned 27. He has 5 years at the very top, one last big contract and then 32 onwards he will probably start declining. 5 years out of a world class midfielder at £45M is fantastic business and exactly what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom