• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Experience, recent performances, consistency, defensive work rate

(neither ultimately looked good today, but Willian key in our first game this season)
Willian should have the sub role, not Pepe. He's not fit to start three games in a row.

And I fcuking stopped caring about defensive workrate after Emery left.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Willian should have the sub role, not Pepe. He's not fit to start three games in a row.

And I fcuking stopped caring about defensive workrate after Emery left.

Newflash, no one gives a **** about what you care. Arteta clearly cares more about defensive work rate in our players than Emery. And even if we fire Arteta tomorrow we'll still need to find a manager who cares about defensive work rate if we don't want to lose games.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Watching this guy made me feel like I've been too harsh on Lacazette over the years.

You could see from last season he just doesn't have it in him, he plays with no intelligence and just looks to dribble with no idea what to do after. Terrible signing, even his biggest fans have to admit he wasn't worth what we paid. No wonder Raul got sacked.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Watching this guy made me feel like I've been too harsh on Lacazette over the years.

You could see from last season he just doesn't have it in him, he plays with no intelligence and just looks to dribble with no idea what to do after. Terrible signing, even his biggest fans have to admit he wasn't worth what we paid. No wonder Raul got sacked.
What's the point of all that "sauce" if it leads to nothing most of the times?
Just look at Son, the guy just runs, shoots and wins football.

BigPoppaPump

What's the point of all that "sauce" if it leads to nothing most of the times?
Just look at Son, the guy just runs, shoots and wins football.

"sauce" is some teenage bullsh*t grown men on this forum shouldn't be talking about.

What I don't get is the people who thought he'd kick off this season, what has he actually shown to suggest that? He's never really shown anything impressive other than a nice shot and good dribbling even though he doesn't know what to do after beating a man.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Is Pepe better than Iwobi?
1 good performance after 10 mediocre ones and the same non-stop talk about "confidence".

I am tired, Robbie.

BigPoppaPump

1 good performance after 10 mediocre ones and the same non-stop talk about "confidence".

I am tired, Robbie.

'Confidence' has to be the worst thing Arsenal fans pull out, anytime a player is performing badly it's cos of confidence. Man I wish we'd stop buying fragile players if this is the case.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

I am tired, Robbie.
like I said at the end of last season, he’s been a marginal upgrade on Iwobi. Worse general play than Iwobi but he actually knows how to strike a ball so he edges it.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
His only contribution from last night was to piss away those two corner kicks. Nothing else from him.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Newflash, no one gives a **** about what you care. Arteta clearly cares more about defensive work rate in our players than Emery. And even if we fire Arteta tomorrow we'll still need to find a manager who cares about defensive work rate if we don't want to lose games.
meh.

Drop a creative offensive player just to play a clogger who runs back into our own half to make a few defensive actions? MEH!

Play dull boring football just because you are afraid of losing? MEH!

are you confusing pressing with defensive workrate, though?

scytheavatar

Established Member
meh.

Drop a creative offensive player just to play a clogger who runs back into our own half to make a few defensive actions? MEH!

Play dull boring football just because you are afraid of losing? MEH!

are you confusing pressing with defensive workrate, though?

Is that creative offensive player so amazing that he can't be dropped? What has Pepe been so far other than a marginally better version of Gervinho? Cause if Pepe is a Sanchez tier player you can make a case that we don't need to care about defense if we score enough goals. But he is not that good. Our attack is not as good as what fans seem to think.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
"sauce" is some teenage bullsh*t grown men on this forum shouldn't be talking about.

Cut the Malarkey!

giphy.gif

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
It’s not his fault he’s not starting but if he shows little to no improvements this season then it’s just better to cut our losses and hopefully recoup half of the money we paid for him next summer

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is that creative offensive player so amazing that he can't be dropped? What has Pepe been so far other than a marginally better version of Gervinho? Cause if Pepe is a Sanchez tier player you can make a case that we don't need to care about defense if we score enough goals. But he is not that good. Our attack is not as good as what fans seem to think.
Might not be that good, but he is still way better than what I saw anyone else do.

Auba cannot create for ****, Laca is too wayward, and Özil is out of favor. In the end, we are making ourselves so dull that the only we we can score is by some defensive error.

BigPoppaPump

It’s not his fault he’s not starting but if he shows little to no improvements this season then it’s just better to cut our losses and hopefully recoup half of the money we paid for him next summer

It is his fault he's not starting, if he played better he wouldn't be dropped.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Pepe is not Sanchez tier, but definitely good enough to start for this team, it's even laughable now to see him on the bench with Willian starting.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
It is his fault he's not starting, if he played better he wouldn't be dropped.
He got dropped in the first game after putting up a 9/10 in the cup final. As good as Willian was on his debut, dropping Pepe wasn’t justified. My main preference for the front 3 is Willian- Auba- Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom