• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Lool sorry I’m not eager to write off a player who’s shown hints of talent. Find me another bum player who gets almost 20 goal productions in their debut season in England.

Ox is another player who looked to have everything on paper needed to be a top player, I advocated for giving him opportunities then when he got them and failed to improve I admitted that he wasn’t going to work out.

Right now we as a club are making Pepe a waste of money. He’s not going to get better on the bench is he? Give him a run in this new settled team and let’s see what happens.

If he's ineffective everytime he plays then he doesn't deserve to start, our results matter more than giving him opportunities. If Arteta doesn't think he's a first 11 player than he must be seeing something missing there, Pepe probably doesn't work hard enough.

Jakarta

Hopefully turns things around, because everyday it upsets me that we missed the chance of signing Zaha and that Zaha also missed his chance to sign for a top club.

Zaha would’ve made an instant impact for us.

Terrible decision for the club if Pepe doesn’t step up this season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He was poor yesterday no doubt, and it is a concern that our record signing isn't a started yet despite being here a year.

Arteta's recent comments suggest that he is behind him though, and Auba mentioned that Pepe is Arteta's "favourite" in training. I'm willing to give him more time as he has shown glimmers of being top class (City/Chelsea/United last season).

We desperately need him to step up very soon though, we cant just rely on Auba as our sole attacking threat.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If he's ineffective everytime he plays then he doesn't deserve to start, our results matter more than giving him opportunities. If Arteta doesn't think he's a first 11 player than he must be seeing something missing there, Pepe probably doesn't work hard enough.
You can't be ineffective with the numbers he's gotten though, that simply doesn't make sense. You can fluke your way to 5 or 10 goal contributions maybe but not eighteen.

In the one game he did start he scored/caused the go-ahead goal. You're using 45 mins of PL action this season to call a player ineffective.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Also if you're gonna insult my guy do it properly. It's sauceless.

He's not a wannabe ITK ffs.
Sourceless is really bugging me :rofl:

Yeah Sauceless please - if we're gonna sh*t on him lets do it properly. Seems like OP or one of the mods is lacking some of it also.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I want to see him simplify his game. Stay out wide, make out to in runs, be very direct with the ball. He has a great left foot so as soon as he gets it in a good position, make some space and shoot/cross.

Malky

Established Member
He was poor, but it was only a very short cameo, still hoping with a run of games he can prove his worth.
But it can't be ignored that his corners were as bad as Bellerins throws, absolutey dreadful stuff.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He is one of the most awkward players I have ever seen. He will do nothing in this league, cannot handle it.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You can't be ineffective with the numbers he's gotten though, that simply doesn't make sense. You can fluke your way to 5 or 10 goal contributions maybe but not eighteen.

In the one game he did start he scored/caused the go-ahead goal. You're using 45 mins of PL action this season to call a player ineffective.

He got 5 goals and 6 assists in the league, that's alright but not so impressive that you can say he's effective in every game. The guy is just not that good, he plays like he came straight out of hale end. Raul was definitely scamming when he bought this guy.

GunnerShy

Any one drawing conclusions on 20 minutes last night is a mug.

Really though he should have started, was one of the rare games where he'd have space behind the Centre backs to run into. With Willian's disaster class in hindsight feels like a lost opportunity.

He was poor, but it was only a very short cameo, still hoping with a run of games he can prove his worth.
But it can't be ignored that his corners were as bad as Bellerins throws, absolutey dreadful stuff.
Some people here say his corners are elite. I wonder whether its just sarcasm or we don't watch the same Arsenal!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Some people here say his corners are elite. I wonder whether its just sarcasm or we don't watch the same Arsenal!
Why do you think he’s our corner taker and has been since he got here?

Moah

You are judging him on our last game. We hired a new set-piece coach and he has them trying some weird corners. Try looking back the Leicester game too.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Yeah he actually wasn't doing that last season. I obviously wouldn't know but it looks like something they are working on.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Any one drawing conclusions on 20 minutes last night is a mug.

Really though he should have started, was one of the rare games where he'd have space behind the Centre backs to run into. With Willian's disaster class in hindsight feels like a lost opportunity.

It wasn’t just those 20 minutes. It’s over 34 games. He just looks so incredibly lightweight. I’m hoping he gets his confidence together because we need him.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Why wont we play him on the left? I know he has a good left foot when he cuts inside but we're playing him out wide and he doesn't trust his right foot. So why not play him on the left and play Auba central?

TakeChillPill

Established Member
His dribbling is too high risk. He either beats a player or loses it. When you compare it with zaha. He'll try to beat a player of he can't he won't lose it and play it back instead. There are subtle differences and Pepe needs to learn it. My only concern is that it seems when he dribbles he doesn't know where the ball will go next which is part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom